Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IProphet updated to iOS 11

Wel'll someone's gotta start this one off with the obvious question, brilliant emulation of the original synth but has the stuck notes issue been fixed.
Nothing in the release to say it it has so but hey, positive waves man, woof.

Comments

• I know - I love how this app sounds but I can't get over the stuck note thing. Drives me nuts to the point where it makes the synth almost unusable.

• You mean...the notes still stick?

• Seriously, still sticking? Seriously?! I guess sometimes it's just best to move on.

• Uninstalled this long ago...it goes down as one of those regrettable purchases....that could have been so different.

• I do wonder what they (Retronyms) are cooking :)
    http://retronyms.com

Co-Op between Akai, Arturia, Loopmasters & Retronyms?

• edited September 2017

Retronyms is having a Happy Hour get together next wee in SF, and I'm heading over with @johnfromberkeley . I plan to bring this up and hopefully get a better understanding of why this hasn't been addressed.

I've got some issues with iMini I want sorted as well....

• Funny really. I love the original synth, yet it was rumoured to be buggy on the software side. Maybe they tried to give it that authentic slant lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Funny really. I love the original synth, yet it was rumoured to be buggy on the software side. Maybe they tried to give it that authentic slant lol

OMG I spit my coffee on my screen

• Love the Prophet VS concept, but the stuck notes has been annoying since day one.
    Also I have experienced a problem with the user bank: it doesn't get reinstalled from an iCloud backup. I lost all my patches multiple times (setting up a new iPad and iPhone) :/

Luckily iWavestation has all the VS waves.

• Yeah, this app is frustrating simply because to my ears it actually sounds REALLY good. I'm still holding out hope that Arturia will update their apps.

Someday.......

• edited September 2017

@dvlmusic said:
    Retronyms is having a Happy Hour get together next wee in SF, and I'm heading over with @johnfromberkeley . I plan to bring this up and hopefully get a better understanding of why this hasn't been addressed.

Oh, they've got their reasons! So, god luck with that. I'll be your wingman.

I've asked before, it comes down to resources, but I am with you on both of these issues.

My understanding is that these are issues with Arturia code, and coordinating the fix with them is easier said than done.

Frustrating, because these are great apps. Also, wouldn't this imply flaws in the source VSTs?

• I wish it was made into an audio unit but I dont see it ever happening as long as Retronyms are involved

• The update has ruined it. Can't load it into aum or Audiobus anymore.

• Same here. Pops up for a few seconds on Audiobus 3 then crashes, and just won't initialize on Aum.
    At least I haven't updated yet it on my studio IPad.

• @dvlmusic said:

Cool. Offer our help to finally get these fixed up so they can go down as well put together apps that sound great. As of now they are unfinished.

• Doesn't load in MTS or BM3...once again the best expression of this one can be found within Tabletop.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Doesn't load in MTS or BM3...once again the best expression of this one can be found within Tabletop.

Yup. I don't think I've ever used it outside of TT.

• @Kühl said:
    The update has ruined it. Can't load it into aum or Audiobus anymore.

Absolutely @Kühl and what's aggravating is I was using iProphet last week on a track and recorded some bits into Cubasis via IAA. I updated thinking it was just an iOS 11 fix but it has messed things up considerably. The MIDI track won't load in Cubasis, nope didn't freeze it (that's yet another reason having low space left sucks because you second guess freezing MIDI tracks), AB and AUM not loading it either...

Hope this gets fixed soon...

• Have they broken it? I'll keep the update on hold then.

• Non AU and don't work properly as IAA - Deleted!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Non AU and don't work properly as IAA - Deleted!

Bummer. Still, it'll get a fix in a couple of years.

• edited September 2017

I liked iProphet but it was buggy and I get all those Prophet VS patches including Filmusic on iWAVESTATION.

• yeah can't load it in AUM and AB, guess it might work when you update to 11?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I'm trying my hardest to get heartless with apps. If they are not AU, they better have something special or they are gone. I've deleted all host apps except BM3!

It's working to be honest, I've actually started getting some ideas down much quicker now. Still never finish anything, but that's always been the case with me lol

• @Artmuzz said:
    I liked iProphet but it was buggy and I get all those Prophet VS patches including Filmusic on iWAVESTATION.

This sounds like good advice...

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I'm trying my hardest to get heartless with apps. If they are not AU, they better have something special or they are gone. I've deleted all host apps except BM3!

It's working to be honest, I've actually started getting some ideas down much quicker now. Still never finish anything, but that's always been the case with me lol

Yo man. Always set a deadline for a project, or you'll never finish anything lol
    Kühl rule no1

• @Artmuzz said:

Which card do you refer to on iWAVESTATION?
    I got'em all, so I'm interested

• @Kühl said:

@Artmuzz said:

Apparently he found a sysex bank
    Would like to know where to find that bank myself.

Btw, a nice comparison vid of the Wavestation and the vst (which I assume is the same as the iOS version):

• @Kühl said:

@Artmuzz said:

It's a bank called ProphetVS.

• @Kühl said:

@Artmuzz said:

It's also on the official Korg card 'WPC-14 Analog and VS'. A google search of 'WPC-14 sysex download' could possibly reveal what you want.