Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio unit guitar amp sims?

Which guitar amp apps are people using which can have multiple instances loaded into cubasis/auria ect..?

Comments

• The only one that can have multiple instances is Overloud THM in Auria, it's an Auria native plugin not an AU. AFAIK all the other amp sims are IAA rather than AU at this point in time.

• @richardyot said:
    The only one that can have multiple instances is Overloud THM in Auria, it's an Auria native plugin not an AU.

I would add Saturn.

• edited September 2017

@Gratouilli said:

@richardyot said:
    The only one that can have multiple instances is Overloud THM in Auria, it's an Auria native plugin not an AU.

I would add Saturn.

Saturn is all I use for guitar. It does the job without the hassle of an unstable Audiobus/IAA Tonestack.

• wimwim
    edited September 2017

Wooos wrong thread.

• Tonebridge

• Cheers guys. I've been using jam up in auria but every time I take it off of one track and put it onto another auria has a tantrum and I have to restart it as the track it was on goes silent even though I've taken jamup off of it and recorded the fx. I looked at overload but I have a love hate relationship with auria so I want something I can use in cubasis as well ideally..

• Is this for real? Free? What's the catch? And it's AU wow, thanks for the info!

@Kranick said:
    Tonebridge

• edited September 2017

@Extnctn6 said:
    Cheers guys. I've been using jam up in auria but every time I take it off of one track and put it onto another auria has a tantrum and I have to restart it as the track it was on goes silent even though I've taken jamup off of it and recorded the fx.

I used to get this with Tonestack in Cubasis.....do not panic there is a trick....

Once you have recorded your audio with the FX, move that audio to a new audio track...keeping Jamup on the original track ready for your next record....no need to move it :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Extnctn6 said:
    Cheers guys. I've been using jam up in auria but every time I take it off of one track and put it onto another auria has a tantrum and I have to restart it as the track it was on goes silent even though I've taken jamup off of it and recorded the fx.

I used to get this with Tonestack in Cubasis.....do not panic there is a trick....

Once you have recorded your audio with the FX, move that audio to a new audio track...keeping Jamup on the original track ready for your next record....no need to move it :)

Thats a good idea mate :-) I just need to make sure I do it before I get busy with pro q2 and old timer..

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Is this for real? Free? What's the catch? And it's AU wow, thanks for the info!

@Kranick said:
    Tonebridge

No catch.
    It has a lot of pretty good presets. You have limited control of the parameters. Also, you can run as many AU instances that your device can handle.

• Saturn and Overloud are both great! But I might as well get Tonebridge if it has a built-in tuner. Does it?

• @JeffChasteen said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@Kranick said:
    Tonebridge

No catch.
    It has a lot of pretty good presets. You have limited control of the parameters. Also, you can run as many AU instances that your device can handle.

Ya, I forgot I had this on my ipad. I fired it up the other day, and most of the presets are pretty damn good. Some are even really really nice sounding. I still prefer Bias FX, but this is quite the fun little app to jam with.

• Have you had a chance to load it up in AB3?

Was thinking one can add more mojo to the tone if it's possible.

@JeffChasteen said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@Kranick said:
    Tonebridge

No catch.

• I had a look at the tone bridge demo but it doesn't really appeal to me as to get "my sound" I need to be able to set the amp my way. Also I don't particularly like ultimate guitar due to the ridiculous amount of adverts it forces onto you...

• For something quick it's ok I guess, but yeah I need my tone in my music B)

• Just had a whole lunch break with Tonebridge as AU in AUM. Amazing time!!! Can't wait to post a sample.

• Hahaha just gave it a spin for the blink-182 presets. Ah, memories

• I havent used tonebridge in a while, it was causing some apps, including Auria Pro to crash on launch at one point, I hope its been fixed since I last used it.

• edited September 2017

Edit; It's not rock solid in AB3 and AUM. It will only recall last preset used.
    So be careful.
    You can even create your own pedalboards with all your favorites!
    All accessible offline as presets as an AU instrument.

• The cheap tricks are so-so, the thin lizzies aren't very good, but a surprising number are pretty darn solid considering i'm playing a telecaster

• Meh. No tuner.

• @theconnactic said:
    Meh. No tuner.

Seriously? Pitch - Tuner & Musical Fitness Tracker by Crescendo Technologies
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pitch-tuner-musical-fitness-tracker/id1169667039?mt=8

The Tonebridge app isn't a must-get but come on now

• edited September 2017

Thank you. It’s an AU, @oat_phipps? Otherwise, there’s absolutely no advantage for me in having this app, since most IAA amp sims have tuners, and I have quite a few hardware tuners, so I’d still be at the same point I’m now: having to switch apps when I need to tune my instrument, instead of staying comfortably inside Auria. Since Tonebridge doesn’t have a tuner and if this crescendo app is not an AU, it would be absolutely redundant (again, for me, for my workflow, horses for courses) to get either of them since I already have THM and Saturn (which allow for multiple instances in Auria and sound infinitely better) and a lot of IAA amps that have tuners.

Therefore, meh. No tuner.
    I dream of the day Rim will add a tuner to Auria Pro.

• It's been awhile since I used THM Overloud or any guitar into Auria, but I never realized the Saturn plug-in even had amp modeling. Huh.

Yeah, a lot of the guitar amps are behind the synth and drum apps catching onto AU.

• Overloud THM has the advantage of using lookalikes of the amps and stops it models so it’s easier to get to the sound you expect quickly, and it’s nice on the CPU. But Saturn’s amp simulation is on another level. It doesn’t had stomps, but if you combine it with Timeless, ProC2, ProR, Volcano... you see my point.

• @theconnactic said:
    Overloud THM has the advantage of using lookalikes of the amps and stops it models so it’s easier to get to the sound you expect quickly, and it’s nice on the CPU. But Saturn’s amp simulation is on another level. It doesn’t had stomps, but if you combine it with Timeless, ProC2, ProR, Volcano... you see my point.

Yeah, I forgot how good Saturn is. I had been avoiding Auria Pro ('Finished Track Phobia') and doing everything direct in with an Audio Damage chain a mile long in AUM. Not as satisfying.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Just had a whole lunch break with Tonebridge as AU in AUM. Amazing time!!! Can't wait to post a sample.

I'd passed this one by, obviously it isn't competing with the Bias/ToneStack/Amplitubes of this world (and the occasional airborne haggis) but it's fun for a quick blast.

• Only bummer is that once you dial in a great tone, AUM or the AU does not recall your setup. I lost a really nice preset although I named it, saved it, it reverted to whatever pedal I used last. Now I can't remember which one it was. :s

@TheVimFuego said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Just had a whole lunch break with Tonebridge as AU in AUM. Amazing time!!! Can't wait to post a sample.

I'd passed this one by, obviously it isn't competing with the Bias/ToneStack/Amplitubes of this world (and the occasional airborne haggis) but it's fun for a quick blast.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Only bummer is that once you dial in a great tone, AUM or the AU does not recall your setup. I lost a really nice preset although I named it, saved it, it reverted to whatever pedal I used last. Now I can't remember which one it was. :s

@TheVimFuego said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

A bit of a downer, but encourages repeated exploration? I'm just trying to accentuate the positives here. :wink:

• Yeah I haven't tried but wonder if you do another instance if it will change the previous one. Will test today.