Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3 Metadata - BM3's Always Full Of Surprises!

Was searching the depths of Google for useful/interesting samples today. Found some free ones in old Gigasampler .gig files, which I managed to remove the WAVs from. Threw the WAV samples into BM3 and mapped them out, then went to go set the loop points (tedious..).

At this point I realised that the loop points from their Gigasampler instrument settings had been preserved and imported into BM3 in the WAV files! That's brilliant!! Saved me a huge amount of time and great to know that it functions this way.

Beatmaker 3 surprises me somehow in this kind of way every single day!!

Comments

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • In case anyone is interested...

I've used Steinberg Wavelab to embed loop points into some multi-sampled wavs for importing into Beatmaker 3.

Beatmaker 3 correctly reads the loop points when I load the wavs and map them out.

• edited September 2017

I wonder if any other kinds of metadata are imported. This is unbelievably time saving!!

• edited September 2017

@OscarSouth said:
    Was searching the depths of Google for useful/interesting samples today. Found some free ones in old Gigasampler .gig files, which I managed to remove the WAVs from. Threw the WAV samples into BM3 and mapped them out, then went to go set the loop points (tedious..).

At this point I realised that the loop points from their Gigasampler instrument settings had been preserved and imported into BM3 in the WAV files! That's brilliant!! Saved me a huge amount of time and great to know that it functions this way.

Great... Hope they get to midi export soon... Discovered dropping a multi-channel midi file into Maschine sets-up a 'group' that can be 'manipulated' very nicely... Maybe those scenes can be exported as 'groups' for Maschine .... someday..

• @RajahP said:

@OscarSouth said:

Great... Hope they get to midi export soon... Discovered dropping a multi-channel midi file into Maschine sets-up a 'group' that can be 'manipulated' very nicely... Maybe those scenes can be exported as 'groups' for Maschine .... someday..

Sounds like you're in need of Auxy.

• @OscarSouth said:

@RajahP said:

@OscarSouth said:

Sounds like you're in need of Auxy.

Got Auxy... Thanks for the tip..

• @Junebug said:
    In case anyone is interested...

I've used Steinberg Wavelab to embed loop points into some multi-sampled wavs for importing into Beatmaker 3.

Beatmaker 3 correctly reads the loop points when I load the wavs and map them out.

okay can someone please explain to me about the metadata and what the hell are multesamples like drumagog gog files meaning were there is more than one kick in the file.. more than one wav in the file? Please someone shed some light How we can use multesamples in BM3

• edited September 2017

Find a way to rip the wavs out of the propriety filetypes (little google exploration will do the trick) and load them into BM3 as wavs. If you're lucky you might keep the original loop points (for samples that have them)

• original loop points? I sound like a newbie lol

• @Shazamm said:
    original loop points? I sound like a newbie lol

• edited September 2017

the file format may provide a lot of optional data in additio to the pure waveform.
    If that data is available depends on recording app and process (someone has to define it) and on the playback app, which must look up the data and use it.
    You mileage may vary a lot - but the hint by @OscarSouth at least solves one side of the equation.

• @OscarSouth said:

IIRC, Giga files store loop/root note data in the wav file. If I'm not wrong (which I may very wll be since it's been so long since using Giga format), then any sample editor that stores loop and root data in the wav file can be used to create instruments.

BTW, there are free Giga sample editors out there that you could use as well. :-)

• edited September 2017

@Audiojunkie said:

@OscarSouth said:

IIRC, Giga files store loop/root note data in the wav file. If I'm not wrong (which I may very wll be since it's been so long since using Giga format), then any sample editor that stores loop and root data in the wav file can be used to create instruments.

BTW, there are free Giga sample editors out there that you could use as well. :-)

Great point!

The root key didn't transfer, but loop points certainly do. Working with another instrument today and again they've imported perfectly. Really amazing how these old samples have such short loop locations and no crossfade at all but loop so seamlessly!

• Check out Awave. It converts the basics of just about everything known to man. Also contact Intua and let them know that you are interested in converting instruments to BeatMaker, and would like more information on the format and what is imported.