Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I played GeoShred for so long yesterday...

... that I've actually got blisters on my fingers!

True story.

Comments

• Rock n' Roll!! I assume you know the Stevie Ray Vaughan story about blistered fingertips?

• @Tickletiger said:
    Rock n' Roll!! I assume you know the Stevie Ray Vaughan story about blistered fingertips?

No, actually. Beatles Helter Skelter did come to mind.

• Hahaha, that's great!

• @Tickletiger said:
    Rock n' Roll!! I assume you know the Stevie Ray Vaughan story about blistered fingertips?

Blistered fingertips? Is that some brand of designer blow that he preferred? ;)

• He used to play till his fingers bled, then superglue his raw fingertips to his forearm and then rip 'em off to create skin patches for his sore fingers....

• @Tickletiger said:
    He used to play till his fingers bled, then superglue his raw fingertips to his forearm and then rip 'em off to create skin patches for his sore fingers....

Ouch! Literally shredding!

I have calluses in my guitar fretting hand, but ironically GeoShred is more easily played with the opposite hand.

Fortunately, with GeoShred I don't have to "fret" over such things (lolz, sorry)

• This screen shot I found shows that there was apparently something to the SRV urban legend:

Jeezoman. Gorilla fingers.

• Also, whilst googling this, ran across this photo of Paul Gilbert, who apparently once had to employ a SRV when he accidentally sliced off some fingertip with an xacto before a gig. The show must go on!

• Stevie played with very heavy strings to get that sweeeeeeet sound!

• I've also noticed the ipad touch screen doesnt respond as well to calloused fingertips, wonder why? Is it something to do with the electrical capacitance of different skin thicknesses? There was a run on hot dogs/weiners being used as a touch screen styli in sub zero temperatures, in SKorea a couple of winters ago, and those special touch screen gloves, whats with that?

• @Lady_App_titude said:

I have calluses in my guitar fretting hand, but ironically GeoShred is more easily played with the opposite hand.

>

I finger with my RH, work the controls with the LH. But occasionally I reach up and hit a control with a free RH finger while sustaining a note. You work yourself into some pretty contorted positions, if you're doing it right. (TWSS)

• @Tickletiger said:
    I've also noticed the ipad touch screen doesnt respond as well to calloused fingertips, wonder why? Is it something to do with the electrical capacitance of different skin thicknesses? There was a run on hot dogs/weiners being used as a touch screen styli in sub zero temperatures, in SKorea a couple of winters ago, and those special touch screen gloves, whats with that?

That's a great detail about using wieners as styli. Thanks!

• @Tickletiger said:
    I've also noticed the ipad touch screen doesnt respond as well to calloused fingertips, wonder why? Is it something to do with the electrical capacitance of different skin thicknesses? There was a run on hot dogs/weiners being used as a touch screen styli in sub zero temperatures, in SKorea a couple of winters ago, and those special touch screen gloves, whats with that?

I wanted to be able to keep Palm Mute on whilst still using both hands to play. Not having three arms, and failing to motivate my cat to hold it down for me, I tried resting various objects on the screen to no avail. Must admit I didn't try Vienna sausages.

Fortunately, it appears they added a "sticky Palm Mute" option in the latest update! Thanks so much, @moForte!