Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iTunes, pile of shite

124»

Comments

• The problem isn't moving from MacBook=>iPad. The problem is how to download the .Ipa on the MacBook/PC ? They ripped out the appstore completely in 12.7.
    Sure. You can stay on 12.6 since it still let's you download ipa's. But eventually they will stop it from accessing the appstore.

I understand what you mean. You can't get access to an *.ipa file when installing an app out of the app store for iOS, right? Because when downloaded out of the iOS app store it immediately installs that specific app and automatically removes the downloaded installer program. Am I correct about that so far?

• @bert said:

The problem isn't moving from MacBook=>iPad. The problem is how to download the .Ipa on the MacBook/PC ? They ripped out the appstore completely in 12.7.
    Sure. You can stay on 12.6 since it still let's you download ipa's. But eventually they will stop it from accessing the appstore.

I understand what you mean. You can't get access to an *.ipa file when installing an app out of the app store for iOS, right? Because when downloaded out of the iOS app store it immediately installs that specific app and automatically removes the downloaded installer program. Am I correct about that so far?

Yup. Pretty much.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I'll still use the iPad and muck about on the forum - I might even get a couple of iOS synths over Xmas, but the days when I bought two or three apps per week are long gone, and a future new iPad Pro and iMac are well and truly off the cards.

To be honest, partly due to personal circumstance, partly due to preference, the iPad remains central to my music making activities. And, on a good day, that is no hardship. ;) In fact, it is fantastic.

Prices always rise, and App price increases, while annoying because it's Apple - not developers - isn't so high that it bothers me. What has changed, is how much I buy. Partly this is because I already have so many great apps, I literally can't use them all. But also it's due to a slow down in app innovation. Sure, there are still flashes of brilliance, but the big deals have been done, and mostly what we see now are improvements as opposed to game changers.

So now I buy about a quarter of what I did at my peak. There are so many apps that duplicate what I already have, or aren't that much better. Therefore I'm tending to save, and buy stuff such as NeoSoul Keys, which has samples that include mechanical elements and therefore sound more authentic. The next 'big' thing I'd probably buy, if it is made available, would likely be Logic Pro X for IOS. But even then it would need to support Fab Filters, or I may as well stick with Auria Pro.

• Is shite the Perrier version of shit?

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I'll still use the iPad and muck about on the forum - I might even get a couple of iOS synths over Xmas, but the days when I bought two or three apps per week are long gone, and a future new iPad Pro and iMac are well and truly off the cards.

To be honest, partly due to personal circumstance, partly due to preference, the iPad remains central to my music making activities. And, on a good day, that is no hardship. ;) In fact, it is fantastic.

Prices always rise, and App price increases, while annoying because it's Apple - not developers - isn't so high that it bothers me. What has changed, is how much I buy. Partly this is because I already have so many great apps, I literally can't use them all. But also it's due to a slow down in app innovation. Sure, there are still flashes of brilliance, but the big deals have been done, and mostly what we see now are improvements as opposed to game changers.

So now I buy about a quarter of what I did at my peak. There are so many apps that duplicate what I already have, or aren't that much better.

There's a lot of that for me too - personal circumstances are dire to say the least so money's tight. There are a lot of apps I want though, but they're pricey and I can't justify another hundred quid's worth of synths when I'm not really using the one's I have.

I like to think of it as a temporary trial separation rather than a full-on divorce. I still enjoy using apps such as iDensity Egoist and Turnado, even though Gadget and Auria have been pushed aside in favour of Maschine. And I'm still hoping to get into creating bits in BM3.

I'm not in the market for new hardware at the moment anyway, so a lot depends on the state of play in a years time.

A killer sampler app would turn my head mind.