Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk Feedback

1789101113»

Comments

• @Samu said:
    So any 'news' on when this will be availble, I mean the 'beta-period' as I've understood it ended months ago...
    Same with FLM3, They even refer to iOS version of FLM3 in the forums when it's not even out yet..

Samu, I wonder the same thing already.

It is kind of funny.

Some developers beta test and never even get the tester's full name or info, nevermind NDA or non competes.

Where as the Beat Hawk and another app that come to mind SKRAM, have freaking volumes of legal eagle litigator jargon and signatures, rivaling that of a will or warrant.

Those apps seem to be the ones that have the biggest issue coming to market in a timely or sometimes successful manner.

Security shit is kind of silly if you really aren't holding proprietary technology or ideas in my opinion.

A sequencer and MPC style pads arent that.

Just me though.

Seems more about people seeming self important.

• @RustiK said:

Seems more about people seeming self important.

Ad hominem.

• @Beathoven said:
    Can anyone say if v. 2.0 will be universal? Sorry if this has been asked and answered previously.

V 2.0 will be UB

Release date is still unknown.
    The app is almost finished but there is lots of marketing/manual/website stuff to do.

Hope this clarify things.

• I just received another TestFlight update in the weekend so I guess they're still working on it.
    It will live in "parallel universes" ;)

• @Samu said:
    So any 'news' on when this will be availble, I mean the 'beta-period' as I've understood it ended months ago...
    Same with FLM3, They even refer to iOS version of FLM3 in the forums when it's not even out yet..

Still beta testing both Beathawk and flm3

• edited November 2016

If the choice is between a great app that is frustratingly buggy as s##t, and waiting, I prefer waiting.

• The French are a passionate people...but so are BeatHawk users. :'(

• @otristan said:

@Beathoven said:
    Can anyone say if v. 2.0 will be universal? Sorry if this has been asked and answered previously.

V 2.0 will be UB

Release date is still unknown.
    The app is almost finished but there is lots of marketing/manual/website stuff to do.

Hope this clarify things.

@alexbuga said:
    I just received another TestFlight update in the weekend so I guess they're still working on it.
    It will live in "parallel universes" ;)

Thanks chaps, that's great news. I can wait a bit longer for a great, polished app that works on my phone as well as my iPad. :)

• @Samu said:

I asked about this earlier today.

Me: Also, what is the latest on FL Studio Mobile 3 for iOS?

reflex (Site Admin): Maxx is working hard on it. This week if all goes well, I think.

• I just had a closer look at the project "Dark Beat Song" and am very impressed!

It is just one pattern for 16 pads and they are arranged in the Song mode so, that pads are just disabled (muted) for parts and then others enabled again - and it is a great song!

I would have made many different patterns to achive the same - but they made it with just one pattern.

Great!

Will try similar things now :)

• @tja said:
    I just had a closer look at the project "Dark Beat Song" and am very impressed!

It is just one pattern for 16 pads and they are arranged in the Song mode so, that pads are just disabled (muted) for parts and then others enabled again - and it is a great song!

I would have made many different patterns to achive the same - but they made it with just one pattern.

Great!

BH is a very unique animal.

I find that using it for a defined purpose per song is the most productive I am with it.

I find that for my house music tracks that BH is ideal for the "details" that make the kick snare, saw wave, and bassline stand out.

Notably - guitar riffs, keys of some sort, sound fx or vocals, and percussive boutique sounds.

• Any idea if beathawk will ever support arbitrary number of beats in a bar, not just 4/4? (I just got it yesterday & couldn't find that option).

• @RUST( i )K said:

@tja said:

Great!

I find that using it for a defined purpose per song is the most productive I am with it.

I find that for my house music tracks that BH is ideal for the "details" that make the kick snare, saw wave, and bassline stand out.

Notably - guitar riffs, keys of some sort, sound fx or vocals, and percussive boutique sounds.

I can tell you this: for the small handful of projects I've used Beathawk for, I've been way more productive in terms of full song-length projects than I've been in BM3. There's something about BH that just allows me to get in a song-like flow and go with it. What's interesting, though, is that I've been less productive song-wise but far more creative in BM3, creating more sonically varied and unique arrangements.

• @thumbslapper said:
    Any idea if beathawk will ever support arbitrary number of beats in a bar, not just 4/4? (I just got it yesterday & couldn't find that option).

What do you want to achive?

• Is it possible to have more than 16 pads?

• Would like to see full screen AU with iOS 11 and MIDI out

• @realdavidai said:
    Would like to see full screen AU with iOS 11 and MIDI out

Thank you, you indirectly answered my question. It is possible to have more than 16 pads using...several AU instances

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@tja said:

Great!

I can tell you this: for the small handful of projects I've used Beathawk for, I've been way more productive in terms of full song-length projects than I've been in BM3. There's something about BH that just allows me to get in a song-like flow and go with it. What's interesting, though, is that I've been less productive song-wise but far more creative in BM3, creating more sonically varied and unique arrangements.

I literally am the mirror reciprocal.

BM3 ............fiddle fiddle fiddle..............................hour setting up a drum bank with my own samples and doing a verse and chorus beats. Then an hour choosing a synth sound and playing some chords. Then I end up making a bank of samples I have done prior on ReSlice on the third track.

By that time it crashes and I hopefully saved it or I needed to go do something else besides music at the moment.

Beat Hawk, I can jump right in.

I think the reason for me is this.

The BH samples are amazing and I have all iap.

BM3 even with iaps is sort of limited in the stock samples and sounds. I have imported a bit but natively, I think BM3 should have been more generous.

That was my initial gripe that I still stand by, I think having to a la carte sounds like Piano, Rhodes, yada yada for $5-10 a pop is a little on the gypsy side.

Look what Cubasis comes with. Look what Beat Hawk comes with.

IF INTUA PERSON AT ALL READS THIS, PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING WITH SOME INSTRUMENTS AND SAMPLE PACKS AT NO CHARGE.

BM3 is super quality, my greedy side wants a little more quantity now.

I love my own sample and loops, but I like new sounds like in BH to find new ideas with. I would like to stay on BM3 without having to go to as many other apps for sounds that in many cases are kind of basic.

That is just me.

I think as a whole, our approach with BH and BM3 are 2 sides of the same coin though, all and all.

• I use BH samples in BM3 every single session!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I use BH samples in BM3 every single session!

I think that BH may have the overall best quality samples on all ios music apps.

I can't believe I enjoy using harps and childrens toys all while the slide guitar and a disco beat move me.........

• @RUST( i )K said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I think that BH may have the overall best quality samples on all ios music apps.

I can't believe I enjoy using harps and childrens toys all while the slide guitar and a disco beat move me.........

Same! I've lately been fixated on the clav. Not in a Stevie Wonder clavinet kinda way--actually using the full-on baroque clav as a percussive melodic thing. I love it.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I concur. But where is the slide guitar?

• Any idea if beathawk will ever support arbitrary number of beats in a bar, not just 4/4? (I just got it yesterday & couldn't find that option). > @tja said:

@thumbslapper said:
    Any idea if beathawk will ever support arbitrary number of beats in a bar, not just 4/4? (I just got it yesterday & couldn't find that option).

What do you want to achive?

be able to compose beats in 5/4, 7/8, 13/8, etc. (this may be possible, I just couldn't find it)

thx!