Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPhone

Is anybody here willing to pay a grand for the best of the upcoming new iPhones?

Comments

• Give me time.... I just got the iPhone 7 Plus 256Gb model in May. When my 2 years are up, I'll be going for the next best thing available. :smile:

• After all, I don't use an iPad anymore, I've got to have the latest and greatest phone. Hahaha!! :wink:

• A grand? The maxed one is €1319 here :o

• edited September 2017

The iPhone X will be $1149 for the 256 gb 5.8" screen on my carrier. Interested to see what sorts of music related AR and facial recognition apps will be developed. Combined with 3D touch screen there could be some intriguing controller possibilities.

• edited September 2017

256GB is $1,829.00 in Australia. That puts it on par with a Macbook Pro.
    Seems like a lot of money for something I'll undoubtedly drop in a nightclub urinal...

• Open the cutoff via a smile or add distortion trough an angry face. Why not :) >:)

• @nrgb said:
    256GB is $1,829.00 in Australia. That puts it on par with a Macbook Pro.
    Seems like a lot of money for something I'll undoubtedly drop in a nightclub urinal...

Yes, but it's water and urine resistant on a microscopic level.

• @Cib said:
    Open the cutoff via a smile or add distortion trough an angry face. Why not :) >:)

The facial recognition to open the phone registers 30k points on your face. That's quite a range of expression for a facial expression pedal. You could have an app that overlays synth controls over your face. You could become Bebot rather than having to watch him perform on stage.

• Lol... iPhone X starts at €1160 (1390USD) in The Netherlands. There's no way any phone can be useful enough to be worth that much money.

• hmmm.....With those prices, I could get a pretty nice ipad. Think I'll stick with saving for that.

• It's always fun to see at my kids activities, like 4-H, Dance, soccer, Boy Scouts and so on. When someone rocks out a dumbphone, and I get mine out to show them that I'm on their level. lol........ LG slider. That's my phone. and......it's pretty dumb. :)

• I'm getting more tempted with an iPhone 6s now though lol

• Does it have a headphone jack or are they still courageous? I'm sticking with my 6s as it has been great and continues to work perfectly, no plans to replace it until it no longer works.

• It's official and no surprise -

Includes Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter

• I'm buying two: one for music and one for everyday use. I may get a third for formal events.

• edited September 2017

@brambos said:
    Lol... iPhone X starts at €1160 (1390USD) in The Netherlands. There's no way any phone can be useful enough to be worth that much money.

>

Agreed. It has turned into an excercise to see how much they can take the piss, before people give up.

• The 128GB iPhone 7 and 64GB iPhone 8 are priced about the same here in Sweden.
    The photographer in me is voting for the 64GB iPhone 8.
    I shoot mostly wide (24-35mm)so no need for 'tele'.

I really do NOT like the form factor of the iPhone+ models and the X doesn't tempt me one bit...

• @noisefan said:

Not to mention the twat filter. ;)

• Keep buying guys, we've got to keep the pig healthy.

I've just sighted iPad Pro 10.5 for £470. It's just 64Gb but happy days for me.

• @supadom said:
    Keep buying guys, we've got to keep the pig healthy.

64GB is really enough for me. I'm doing some serious app cleaning and deleting stuff I no longer need/use...
    +30GB free and rising :)

• @noisefan said:
    It's official and no surprise -

WoW they are generous at Apple. Adapter included

• @Samu said:

@supadom said:
    Keep buying guys, we've got to keep the pig healthy.

64GB is really enough for me. I'm doing some serious app cleaning and deleting stuff I no longer need/use...
    +30GB free and rising :)

Yeah, I have a 64gb iPad Air 2 and never got less than 10Gb free space. I understand though if one uses big sample libraries they can totally fill up any amount of space.

• @supanorton said:
    I'm buying two: one for music and one for everyday use. I may get a third for formal events.

Ya, I had to rethink what I posted, and I am going to do that as well. I'm gonna go with 4 total though. I need one for work as well. Then, I will be set!

• As an S8plus owner, not impressed. that camera section that has taken a chunk out of the top of the screen. That would bug the shit out of me...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yea......I am just thinking of all the other stuff I could buy for right under a grand. I just use my phone for calling and texting. So my 5s is still kicking just fine.

A really nice 88 key hammer action midi controller. Arturia 88

A New Maschine MK3

An Ableton push 2

A new 64gb iPad and a akai mpd232

• @Cib said:
    Open the cutoff via a smile or add distortion trough an angry face. Why not :) >:)

Yeah presumably the facial recognition will make it into ipads eventually too, so can see that happening eventually ;)

• I would pay extra money for a model WITHOUT getting face recognition.

George_Orwell

• @mrufino1 said:
    Does it have a headphone jack or are they still courageous? I'm sticking with my 6s as it has been great and continues to work perfectly, no plans to replace it until it no longer works.

I believe I've found a workable solution for the lack of a headphone jack. Along with the Apple Lightning to USB 3 CCK, I've purchased this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPMHOY0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's very small and looks like it will do the job nicely. I just ordered one, so I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get it.

• @Looping_Loddar said:
    I would pay extra money for a model WITHOUT getting face recognition.

Is it so that this "feature" cannot be disabled?!!

I hope it can be disabled.