Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk IAPs?

I have picked up the currently free Beathawk, and am curious about the IAPs.
Any suggestions?
Strings are covered: I already have iSymphonic and Miroslav
World is covered pretty well: I have DrumJam and Swarplug
Pianos: I have plenty of pianos
What else?

Comments

• Choirs are awesome!

@JeffChasteen said:
    Any suggestions?
    What else?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Choirs are awesome!

@JeffChasteen said:
    Any suggestions?
    What else?

Thanks. I can always use more choirs.

• The acoustic drums are simply the best available on iOS. The way the cymbals open up and then crash, and the different timbre of the snare as you hit slowly vs loudly is amazing. Makes gadget acoustic drums sound awful by comparison.

• @ion677 said:
    The acoustic drums are simply the best available on iOS. The way the cymbals open up and then crash, and the different timbre of the snare as you hit slowly vs loudly is amazing. Makes gadget acoustic drums sound awful by comparison.

I can resist everything, but more drums. Thanks.

• The iAP Soundpacks go on sale pretty frequently if I remember correctly.

• I never would have dreamed this, but I honestly use the Baroque pack way more than any other. Go figure...

• @wim said:
    The iAP Soundpacks go on sale pretty frequently if I remember correctly.

Good to know. Thanks.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I never would have dreamed this, but I honestly use the Baroque pack way more than any other. Go figure...

The demo sounds really nice. Thanks.

• How are you using them? Are you loading a drum sound per pad or a whole kit on a pad then using it in pitch mode?

I tried loading it per pad but it was a pain to set up. Wish we could share kit presets.

@ion677 said:
    The acoustic drums are simply the best available on iOS. The way the cymbals open up and then crash, and the different timbre of the snare as you hit slowly vs loudly is amazing. Makes gadget acoustic drums sound awful by comparison.

• edited September 2017

Musical Toys, Bossa Brazil, Greece and Turkey...there's a few flavors hard to find elsewhere. To my ears it's top quality UVI libraries on iOS

• ++ for the India and world percussion packs

• @ion677 said:

Can you compare to DrumPerfect Pro?

• edited September 2017

@tja said:

@ion677 said:

Trust your ears...
    ( DrumPerfect Pro tracks )

https://soundcloud.com/user-45973677

• wimwim
    edited September 2017

@tja said:

@ion677 said:

The two apps are totally different. DrumPerfect Pro has a super sophisticated sequencer with humanization and randomization features that are above and beyond what BeatHawk has to offer. It also has multiple built-in and IAP kits. To which would you compare? It has per-instrument outputs whereas BeatHawk doesn't. It per sample editing and FX that go beyond what BeatHawk offers. I keep going, but you get the idea.

Comparing a single IAP from BeatHawk to the DPP app is too vague a question.

That said, for pure and easy quick beat creation that sounds great, the BeatHawk drum pack us worth every penny.

• @wim said:

@tja said:

@ion677 said:

The two apps are totally different. DrumPerfect Pro has a super sophisticated sequencer with humanization and randomization features that are above and beyond what BeatHawk has to offer. It also has multiple built-in and IAP kits. To which would you compare? It has per-instrument outputs whereas BeatHawk doesn't. It per sample editing and FX that go beyond what BeatHawk offers. I keep going, but you get the idea.

Comparing a single IAP from BeatHawk to the DPP app is too vague a question.

That said, for pure and easy quick beat creation that sounds great, the BeatHawk drum pack us worth every penny.

+1

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    How are you using them? Are you loading a drum sound per pad or a whole kit on a pad then using it in pitch mode?

I tried loading it per pad but it was a pain to set up. Wish we could share kit presets.

@ion677 said:

Loading whole kit in pitch mode is best. Then sequence as AU in MidiSTEPs or bm3.

@tja said:

@ion677 said:

The samples in DrumPerfect Pro are also excellent, but I find DPP to be way overly complicated to use. As a drum sequencer, it can go pretty deep. The interface is pretty ugly (ha!). Not gonna mess with anything not AU, and without ableton link going forward.

• The drum sounds in Sampletank ios are good too i.e. Billy Cobham kits

• @Telstar5 said:
    The drum sounds in Sampletank ios are good too i.e. Billy Cobham kits

Billy Cobham! Legend(arily ridiculous drum introductions)!

Reminded me of this jam:

• edited September 2017

@ion677 said:

+1

And I have to say that all the demo tracks from DrumPerfectPro can't convince me. Some ok sounds here and there but in the end it sounds weak somehow.
    Same goes for all dedicated drum apps on iOS.

FunkDrummer ( because of the groove factor ;) ) and the Beathawk drums IAP are the only exceptions imo, but that's just me :*

Still waiting for an app with nice acoustic drums.

• @Tommygun said:

And I have to say that all the demo tracks from DrumPerfectPro can't convince me. Some ok sounds here and there but in the end it sounds weak somehow.

Doesn't DPP allow you to import your own samples?

• DPP sounds fantastic to me. Great sounding kits. Nice and dry so you can add your own FX. Loads of personalisations to human up the sound. Easy pattern editor. Sample import. Multi-outs etc. One of my favourite apps.

I'm sure Beathawk is great too but just needed to big up DPP! :smile:

• @gusgranite said:
    DPP sounds fantastic to me. Great sounding kits. Nice and dry so you can add your own FX. Loads of personalisations to human up the sound. Easy pattern editor. Sample import. Multi-outs etc. One of my favourite apps.

I'm sure Beathawk is great too but just needed to big up DPP! :smile:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a drum nerd, I WANT to like it :D

It's just that all the demos I've heard so far didn't convince me. And apart from the Soundcloud demos there's not much around.
    There are some videos on Youtube with the demo tracks of the DPP IAPs - and for the most part I really don't like the sound of the kits, can't help it.
    Maybe there are some nice drums in it, but without more demos I'll never know and I'm not going to spend another 20 bucks for a big "?".

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Any suggestions?

you should be aware that UVI does put these on sale for half-off or so, once in a while, so if you're not in a hurry it may make financial sense to wait.

There was a sale just a month or so ago, and there is a thread here from around that time with lots of discussion on the various packs that might be worth reading for you.

• @Shaken&;Stirred said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Any suggestions?

you should be aware that UVI does put these on sale for half-off or so, once in a while, so if you're not in a hurry it may make financial sense to wait.

There was a sale just a month or so ago, and there is a thread here from around that time with lots of discussion on the various packs that might be worth reading for you.

Thanks for the heads up.

• @Telstar5 said:
    The drum sounds in Sampletank ios are good too i.e. Billy Cobham kits

I agree with you about the Sampletank drums. They are far too often overlooked.

• Just letting people know that the IAPs for BeatHawk are currently on sale until Tuesday the 21st.

• @MrFromage said:
    Just letting people know that the IAPs for BeatHawk are currently on sale until Tuesday the 21st.

Time to buy the ones I had in my "to buy" queue :smile: . Thanks @MrFromage !

• @rrc2soft said:

Time to buy the ones I had in my "to buy" queue :smile: . Thanks @MrFromage !

I took the same opportunity myself, @rrc2soft . You’re welcome!

• It would be nice to see some new ones

• @BiancaNeve said:
    It would be nice to see some new ones

Same here. I have every last IAP and use it as my main sound source for real instrument sounds. :)