Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Possible audiobus issue with multichannel audio

Hi there,

It might be known issue, or may be it's just me, but still I'd like to post it here.
I've posted this on iConnectivity forums, but it seems not their problem.

Some time ago, this started to happen. When I open Audiobus, no matter what version 2 or 3, and try to add some app to the INPUT slot, I can see multiple output channels from the apps (like MultiTrack, etc) and from the connected iConnectMIDI4+ as well. But when I try to add apps to the OUTPUT slot, I should (and I did, in the past) see multiple inputs of my audio interface and multiple inputs for some of my apps (like the above-mentioned MultiTrack DAW), but I don't...

I don't really know the moment when it started, but it's applicable to both my iPad Air and iPhone 6+....
iOS 10.3.2

Comments

• Hey @tuborgman - I'm afraid I didn't quite follow you there, but if I understand you right you're staying you'd like to be able to route audio to specific output channels of your audio interface? That's something that isn't in there just yet but I'm going to be adding it soon.

• edited September 2017

@tuborgman

I tried to understand you.
    1) I open AB3.
    2)select the output slot

3) the only one I can choose the input is Modstep (the one with the "i" in blue). Apparently this works

Is that what you were looking for?

• Audiobus allows to choose discreet physical inputs but not outputs. You will need either AUM or Mimix for this to happen. Just plug aum into the output and in aum route the desired audiobus source to the physical out you need.

• edited September 2017

Audiobus is currently multichannel input only. If you want to route multiple outs you will need something like AUM. AUM works very well with my Ica4+ sending 16 virtual channels to my desktop and 4 physical outputs.

• edited September 2017

Hey @gonekrazy3000, how many non-physical virtual stereo channels do you have?

Max I've got from mine is 4 physical i/o and 3 additional stereo channels that I can send and receive independently on 1+2 & 3+4 physical, 5+6, 7+8 & 9+10 virtual).

Do you have more than than, and if so - how?

• edited September 2017

@OscarSouth said:
    Hey @gonekrazy3000, how many non-physical virtual stereo channels do you have?

Max I've got from mine is 4 physical i/o and 3 additional stereo channels that I can send and receive independently on 1+2 & 3+4 physical, 5+6, 7+8 & 9+10 virtual).

Do you have more than than, and if so - how?

i got 8 virtual stereo working. sadly for that many to work you need to sacrifice the physical inputs on the desktop and use just 1 physical stereo out. i've saved a different preset incase i need more inputs and outs so i just swap when i need.

incase you're wondering why i've duplicated the stereo outs its because i have 1 set going to my Akg 240's, 1 set going to my Subpac S2 (the akg 240 doesn't have a lot of bass and is almost completely flat. but when combined with the subpac the combo is one of the best personal sound systems you can buy in my opinion.) with a 3rd stereo pair that is going to a single mono unbranded chinese club speaker that a lot of clubs/bars use over here so i can test out what my tracks sound on club/pa/ mono speakers.

incase you cannot see as many ports as i have access to in your audio routing page you need to duplicate my settings here:-

on the off-chance i need to use the analog inputs on my pc and i don't want to mess with my iconfig settings i actually send the ext inputs into AUM in my ipad then route it via one of the 16 channels to my desktop. for my existing setup the audio is oneway from IPAD->PC. This is pretty much my permanent setup on the iconfig. havent had to mess with it in months.

hope this helps :)

• edited September 2017

Ah ok, cheers!

I'm running 4 physical inputs and 4 outputs so perhaps 3 virtual stereo in either direction is my lot (its still pretty wicked!). Good to know it's possible though. I'm 'not bad' with these boxes but they're certainly cryptic.

• edited September 2017

@OscarSouth said:
    Ah ok, cheers!

I'm running 4 physical inputs and 4 outputs so perhaps 3 virtual stereo in either direction is my lot (its still pretty wicked!). Good to know it's possible though. I'm 'not bad' with these boxes but they're certainly cryptic.

do you need virtual inputs/outputs both ways ? cause you can sacrifice the ones you dont need to increase the other ones. aka you could have 6 stereo pairs from ipad => pc. send me a screenshot of your current setup. could optimise it for you.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@OscarSouth said:
    Ah ok, cheers!

do you need virtual inputs/outputs both ways ? cause you can sacrifice the ones you dont need to increase the other ones. aka you could have 6 stereo pairs from ipad => pc. send me a screenshot of your current setup. could optimise it for you.

Thanks! Am out now so I'll do that when I get back to mine. Yeah I send audio on all three in both directions (out from BM3/AUM to a second device for processing and back). I'm sure it'd be possible to make some tweaks, I only really change a setting when I'm trying to make it do something mid flow and haven't optimised at all.