Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Launchkey

You might want to snatch this one up while its free. Needs a few updated features but has great potential, and really nice UI. I can see this one on the bus. Ipad only though. Plays nicely with Cubasis. Sorry no link.

Comments

• love the idea of moving around from setting to setting visually, and being able to seamlessly flow from one to the other. You're right about needing a few (or more) updates, but a very interesting workflow

• Thanks. Nice control indeed! Would be great if this app could get on the bus.

• edited February 2013

Novation presented a hardware masterkeyboard named Launchkey at NAMM 2013.
    So i think they´ll update the software...

• edited February 2013

I downloaded this and I'm quite impressed by the concept. It reminds be a lot of how NI's Kore worked with a number of variations of the same sound that you can move between to produce dramatic or subtle changes in the music. It worked well with the knobs and buttons on Kore but its really well suited to a touch screen environment where you can drag the control point to position it relative to the nodes. Being able to place the nodes that represent each snapshot wherever you want makes it really easy to set up and play different evolutions within the same base sound and it is very intuitive to set up to suit how you want to perform.

Presumably we're just at proof of concept with IAPs or a requirement to buy the keyboard to make it more useful. Currently you can't change the settings of each control node though you can change there relative positions. You also can't get any sound out without recording the audio out of your iPad. They have added midi but note that the settings are in the iOS App settings and not within the App itself. It appears therefore that its going somewhere?

If you could program each node and they added AB and some more sounds it would indeed be a really nice App.

• Good evening, I would like to ask you which is the best midi and IPad controller to use specifically with your app Audiobus, I discovered that the Novation Launchkey is one of the best option because I Saw that Audiobus perfectly works with the related App but, I would like to know if the Launchkey works as well with Audiobus not using the novation App, I mean that I would like to control for example Animoog, WOW2, IMS-20 or DM1 in an Audiobus sequence with a Lunchkey keyboard NOT USING THE NOVATION LAUNCHKEY APP... Because Honestly, the Akai Made the synthstation 49 specific for Ipad but I prefere to use Audiobus because the mix you Can make between Synths is limitless... so do you think that I cold use the novation Keyboard in this Way, not using its related app at all?

• Yes, @Michele it will work fine. If you're not interested in the Launchkey apps in particular, you may find that other controllers suit you better. http://www.sweetwater.com/shop/keyboards/keyboard-controllers/