Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Updates: RippleMaker, TroubleMaker, PhaseMaker

tjatja
edited July 2017 in App Tips and Tricks

An update to fix problems with BM3.

Man, you are just great!
So fast!!!

Comments

• When's Hitmaker coming out?

• edited July 2017

@brambos they are one of the leading devs in my opinion. There work is awesome

• Thanks guys. Yes, there are some issues with the way BM3 loads plugins when reopening a session. I could catch some of them with a little workaround, but Intua needs to fix them on their end (they're on top of it) to fully solve the problem. Nonetheless, this update may make the AUs a lot more usable in the meantime, when using multiple instances. :)

• That was awfully kind of you Mr. Bos.

• @brambos your code must be clean since it seems so easy for you to make updates. Thanks for the updates.

• @brambos, I hereby promise to buy any App you may come out with!

• wimwim
    edited July 2017

Not RuisMaker? That's the one I'm having problems with.
    No matter. It should be fixed where it belongs - in BM3. Thanks though @brambos!

Everyone - please take the time to update your reviews. The stupid way they go away with each update is totally unfair to the developers.

• @brambos Hitmaker could just be, I dunno, 4-8 instances of your cool sequencer with midi out and store the patterns as scenes to trigger from a list. Keep it simple.

• @wim said:

I'm in the middle of updating Ruismaker/FM to version 2.0 so the timing is a bit unfortunate. Updates will come!

This update will also add preset managers to both Ruismakers, because there are too many hosts out there who don't offer that.

• Already love Ripplemaker and Troublemaker, but just because you're awesome I bought more of your stuff today. Thanks for being so responsive and talented.

• @brambos said:

@wim said:

I'm in the middle of updating Ruismaker/FM to version 2.0 so the timing is a bit unfortunate. Updates will come!

This update will also add preset managers to both Ruismakers, because there are too many hosts out there who don't offer that.

I figured that was the reason. Good reason too! Take your time. :)

• wimwim
    edited July 2017

@tja said:
    @brambos, I hereby promise to buy any App you may come out with!

In that case @brambos, I beg you to come out with an app that outputs only 11kHz audio, is incompatible with every other iOS app, and has a 6,000 page manual with embedded codes buried in it that you have to input to the app in order to prove that you read it before you can do anything. B) Oh ... and please make it subscription based.

Can anyone tell I'm bored today?

• And costs 99,999 dollars, right?

Of course I meant "regular" Apps, you devil you ;-)

• @tja said:
    And costs 99,999 dollars, right?

Of course I meant "regular" Apps, you devil you ;-)

Per year or per month? Per month is a little excessive IMO.

• @brambos Just got Ripplemaker yesterday... Sooooooo good. :)

• Community cloud preset sharing for Ripplemaker would be fun. I can only imagine the madness that goes on out there.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Community cloud preset sharing for Ripplemaker would be fun. I can only imagine the madness that goes on out there.

Readers Wives.

• @tja said:
    @brambos, I hereby promise to buy any App you may come out with!

+1

• I have Ripplemaker which is excellent and a ton of fun, and with such an exemplary developer, I'm going to buy the rest too :-).

• Yep these are top apps. Troublemaker sequencing Ripplemaker in AB3 is so much fun :)
    Phasemaker is my favourite FM synth on ipad.
    Very thoughtful to provide a workaround for a Beatmaker 3 issue. Many thanks :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Community cloud preset sharing for Ripplemaker would be fun. I can only imagine the madness that goes on out there.

Readers Wives.

I really did laugh out loud.

• Whats this about the device scaling in the latest update? I was day dreaming just last night about things to suggest in future updates including some kind of scalingstuff.

• @Calverhall said:
    Whats this about the device scaling in the latest update? I was day dreaming just last night about things to suggest in future updates including some kind of scalingstuff.

It adapts to the available screen space in the host now instead of the standard sizes. You can see the effect by dragging/resizing the AU frame in AUM.

• Aaaah i see, well not as sexy as I was thinking. :D

Anyway are you open to the odd feature request? Nothing too drastic (i assume as a non dev) but things like say up to 8 pattern slots to switch between in the Ruismakers (could be good in Ripple/Trouble too) with pattern copy and pattern doubling to expand each pattern quickly on the fly. Plus optional scale/key locking and switching for the sequencer e.g. for the +/- 1/12 note buttons.
    Im building a live set up around your apps and whilst im not desperate for these features, they could make your apps extremely powerful for improv and could result in me going exclusively bram bos!

• Man troublemaker is teeny tiny on iPhone.
    Wish I bought ripplemaker instead.
    Ah my life. Mistake after mistake

• @Redo1 said:
    Man troublemaker is teeny tiny on iPhone.

What size?
    I'm running it on a 6s+ and it is very easy to move around.

• @Redo1 said:
    Man troublemaker is teeny tiny on iPhone.

On the plus side, killer haiku!

• Trouble is man made
    may we each go forth alone
    to ripple freely

• Trouble should not (Ph)ase
    Laugh, then it is time to meet
    Your Ruismaker