Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk-question: Different Kits in Song? Export?

I tried to do some things in BeatHawk, made several patterns and arranged them in the song mode.
So far, I liked it.

But then I wanted to use different sounds in the pads, but this also changed the selection of sounds for the existing patterns.

So, is it right that there can only be one kit at any time and for the total Song?
No way around this?

Also, I tried to export my stuff, used any and all export functions, but when i switch to the User Library, I see no way to exports anything - only to import from somewhere.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Correct. Only one set of sounds for the whole song.

To get to your export files go out of song mode, then to the sample browser. Navigate to the user library, then the export folders. When you see what you want (folder or file) two-finger tap on it to being up the options.

• tjatja
    edited August 2017

Arghhhhh
    That dreaded two-finger thing again!

I forgot.... thanks for reminding me.

Such a stupid idea :|

So, I will need several instances of Beathawk to get what I want.

• @tja said:
    Arghhhhh

The just most recent update adds a more friendly one-finger double-tap. B)

• @wim said:

@tja said:
    Arghhhhh

That's great news, thank you ;-)

• @wim said:

@tja said:
    Arghhhhh

The single finger double tap is annoying especially when I'm trying to tap to hear the sound and I tap to fast. I started screaming the first couple minutes like wtf lol

• Now, the regular way to get something more than what you get first is to touch and hold.
    Both double tab and double finger tap are "new invention" which I don't like.

If any other thing than touch or touch and hold are needed, I would recommend using a button with a descriptive name!

Those hidden features take over more and more and soon we will be widely trying to touch, touch and hold, double tapping, two finger tap - or recently seen on Procreate - two Finger slide.

All of this is nonsense IMHO.

The designers were taken away - but they forget that there are very good reasons to have the same interaction set for any and all Apps!

• What a bunch of whiners. Wiping your ass takes a bit of skill too, but you mastered it.

Sorry, but get over it guys. :D

• tjatja
    edited September 2017

@wim said:
    What a bunch of whiners. Wiping your ass takes a bit of skill too, but you mastered it.

Sorry, but get over it guys. :D

Glad to hear your recommendations.

The is no need for double taps, two finger taps or two finger swipes.
    This is a new development that leads to bad situations.
    And I don't like it.

Bear with it ;-)

• wimwim
    edited September 2017

You betcha. You are free to be as unhappy with the world as you like! I'll leave you to that. B)

I'm off to two finger tap all my stuff and have a lot of fun doing it. ;)