Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

optimizing the performance of your PC?

what are tweaks and stuff you can do for optimizing and enhancing/improving your computer>

Comments

• http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/pc-optimization-guide-for-windows-7/

Try searching web for "optimizing computer for audio recording windows 7", or whichever operating system you're using. I used to use the homemusicstudio.com optimization tips for years and they worked great.

• If it's at all a possibility: http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/ is the best solution. I spent years optimizing PCs, reading articles like the above (since 8086 times!). I've had a macbook/macbookpro for about 5 years now and have never really optimized anything beyond my own personal preferences (which includes minimizing animations... which does help system performance but that's about it). Never hiccups.

Stuff I still miss from my PC days:

1. Fruityloops
    2. Audiomulch (cross platform now but I bought v1 and can't use it. v2 costs more than I want to spend)
    3. Beyond Compare (nerdery)
    4. Some VSTs are only available on windows (namely the ones created with synth edit)

That's it. I do not miss reading articles like the one linked above! And Logic at $199 is cray cray. Macs aren't cheap, so I don't mean to callously suggest you run out and buy one (I can't afford a new one myself). But, the lifetime of my macs has blown my PCs laptops out of the water. As an example, my three year old macbookpro's battery still gets 4-5 hours on a charge. My PC laptops would be at under an hour a year in! I replaced the battery on my 5 year old white macbook last year. 80 bucks but runs like a champ. That's all to say, while not cheap, they are good machines that will last you a while. I imagine at the end of a decade the total spent will just about even out (plus no config nonsense!).

/2 cents

• I agree w @syrupcore 100%. I switched back to Macs a few years ago for the reasons he mentioned and it's been so much easier. Some people recommend optimizing them, too, but I haven't had to. No drop outs on recording, no crashing in Logic...

I didn't mention this above because you mentioned PCs in the title of the post, but if Mac is an option, it will save you a lot of hassle, IMO...