Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Converting WAV to MP3

I send some M4A AAS stuff to others, but it seems that cannot hear that under Android - and don't want to add an additional player.

Any way to convert to MP3 under iOS?
Noooooooo, not iTunes ;-)

AudioShare cannot :-(

Comments

• I believe Voice Recorder (the one that looks like a cassette) is capable, but I am not 100% certain.

• Found one from Tap media, but sadly no MP3 :-(

• @tja said:
    Found one from Tap media, but sadly no MP3 :-(

Ahhh, so it doesn't do MP3? Sorry.

• Rename the *.m4a files to *.mp4 and Android should be able to play them just fine...

• Reverbnation also only accepts mp3 upload, which is kind of asinine having it all considered.

• tjatja
    edited August 2017

Mhh.

Good idea, but how to do this?

I mean, with the iPad.... changing the file-ending

• tjatja
    edited August 2017

@Retzilience said:
    Reverbnation also only accepts mp3 upload, which is kind of asinine having it all considered.

I will check this, thanks.
    Already installed 2 other Apps (one for money) but they cannot - only want Videos or cannot access files I AudioShare or at least Dropbox

EDIT: ReverbNation for Artists?
    Requires an account and login, deleted it

• I would have thought such a conversion to be trivial...
    Seems not :-)

• Ferrite will do it, but you need to buy the IAP

• rcfrcf
    edited August 2017

I've exported Twisted Wave .wav files converted to .mp3 into Audioshare.

• @Samu said:
    Rename the *.m4a files to *.mp4 and Android should be able to play them just fine...

You can change the ending in Dropbox, but somehow this did not work - at least it could then not be send by WhatsApp

• @Peter321 said:
    Ferrite will do it, but you need to buy the IAP

21 Euro :-OOOOO

That's a bit more than I would like to spend :-O

• edited August 2017

@tja said:
    Mhh.

Good idea, but how to do this?

I mean, with the iPad.... changing the file-ending

AudioShare will let you change the file ending

Press rename, then untick the keep extension box. Then you can change m4a to mp4

• @rcf said:
    I've exported Twisted Wave .wav files to. mp3 into Audioshare.

I would get this, for 10 Euros.

But, I have the impression that it only has the possibility to export the recordings.
    I want to convert stuff from AudioShare, or at least Dropbox.
    The description is not very clear on this

Will that work?

• @tja said:

@Samu said:
    Rename the *.m4a files to *.mp4 and Android should be able to play them just fine...

You can change the ending in Dropbox, but somehow this did not work - at least it could then not be send by WhatsApp

If the *.m4a can be downloaded then it should just be a matter of renaming the file once it's downloaded or choosing an alternate media player such as VLC to play back the file.

Sometimes *.m4a files can have *.aac extension so it's just matter of finding out what extension that 'works'.

The weirdest mess I've come across are *.m4a files baked into 'wav containers' with a *.wav extension...

• rcfrcf
    edited August 2017

I just this minute tried importing a couple of .m4a files from Audioshare and iDensity into Twisted Wave. Then converting/exporting back into Audioshare as 320kbps .mp3.... no probs!

• @BiancaNeve said:

AudioShare will let you change the file ending

Press rename, then untick the keep extension box. Then you can change m4a to mp4

Ah, that's great - not need to upload first.
    Thank you!

Tested this, works!
    It just thinks, it is a video :-D

• @Samu said:

@tja said:

@Samu said:

If the *.m4a can be downloaded then it should just be a matter of renaming the file once it's downloaded or choosing an alternate media player such as VLC to play back the file.

Sometimes *.m4a files can have *.aac extension so it's just matter of finding out what extension that 'works'.

The weirdest mess I've come across are *.m4a files baked into 'wav containers' with a *.wav extension...

Hehe, renaming in AudioShare worked like a charm'
    Thanks for the idea :-)

• @rcf said:
    I just this minute tried importing a couple of .m4a files from Audioshare and iDensity into Twisted Wave. Then converting/exporting back into Audioshare as 320kbps .mp3.... no probs!

Ah, this is good.
    Thanks for testing!

• Also you could use fl Studio mobile 3

For some reason it saves as MP3 not aac

• @rcf said:

That's a fantastic converter - it also allows for all my AU effects!
    Bought it ;-)

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Also you could use fl Studio mobile 3

Is there any reason to get FL Studio Mobile, when one already has:

Cubasis
    Auria Pro
    Beatmaker 3
    Audio Evolution
    Multitrack DAW
    n-Track 8
    GarageBand

If yes, I will get it ;-)

On desktop it seems to be a major solution....

• The audio mastering app from iMusicAlbum will convert to MP3

• Good news; I haven't tried using it with AU effects yet. I rarely use Twisted Wave, but wouldn't be without it for occasional quick editing and conversion.

• @tja said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Cubasis
    Auria Pro
    Beatmaker 3
    Audio Evolution
    Multitrack DAW
    n-Track 8
    GarageBand

Personally I would say no. But that's coloured by the fact that I resent all the features FLM2 had that are STILL not working properly in FLM3.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    The audio mastering app from iMusicAlbum will convert to MP3

Ah, thank you - this was already on my list of interesting Apps.
    But now I have the above Converter... for now this is enough.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Personally I would say no. But that's coloured by the fact that I resent all the features FLM2 had that are STILL not working properly in FLM3.

Hehe, sounds a bit like BM3....
    But there, things seem to get fixed quite fast

• Final Touch does it too

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

@tja said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Cubasis
    Auria Pro
    Beatmaker 3
    Audio Evolution
    Multitrack DAW
    n-Track 8
    GarageBand

No.

If you have and regularly use FL Studio on the desktop, then it's pretty useful. A pretty much exact copy of the app runs as a single instrument within FL Studio. You can take a project you have been working on in the iOS version directly into the desktop version ... (but all contained within the FLSM plugin, not as a native project).

It's a fun, but still somewhat half-baked, solution that has shades of what Cubasis and Beatmaker 3 can do. I'm a loyal Imageline customer of many years, so I use it out of some buried sense of attachment to FL Studio, but honestly, it's not really much practical use to me. Still, very fun to use, and some people really like it and get a lot accomplished with it.

But the simple answer to your question is "No".

• OK, thanks a bunch!

All of you ;-)