Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB3 not seeing some apps unless opened?

I've noticed that AB3 does not see some compatible apps until you open them in the background. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

E.g: open AB3 > go to MIDI lane > Troublemaker is available to select but not Ripplemaker > open Ripplemaker directly and it can now be selected in AB3.

iPhone 7+ 10.3.3

(CC @brambos)

Comments

• Confirmed. I've seen this too.

• edited August 2017

The Audiobus database needs to update itself first via an internet connection before it recognizes Ripplemaker as anAB3 compatible app. I guess AB3 ships with an offline version of the database which dates from before the Ripplemaker release?

Updating takes quite long in my systems, and there is no progress bar - just the spinner in the corner.

• @brambos said:
    The Audiobus database needs to update itself first via an internet connection before it recognizes Ripplemaker as anAB3 compatible app. I guess AB3 ships with an offline version of the database which dates from before the Ripplemaker release?

Updating takes quite long in my systems, and there is no progress bar - just the spinner in the corner.

Thanks. That seems strange. Why not just update the local app? Also, I wonder does that mean AB3 isn't fully functional when offline?

Anyway, I left it 20 mins and Ripplemaker is still not showing up so it's def a bug in my books as I'm on a decent internet connection.

• edited August 2017

Try turning off your Bluetooth system, then launching AB: there's currently a crappy iOS bug that - I kid you not - stops some network connections from happening when Bluetooth is on.

Why not open the local app: cos there's some stuff we need to know to make apps work which we can't get from the local system

• @Michael said:
    Try turning off your Bluetooth system, then launching AB: there's currently a crappy iOS bug that - I kid you not - stops some network connections from happening when Bluetooth is on.

Why not open the local app: cos there's some stuff we need to know to make apps work which we can't get from the local system

No Bluetooth on. It sees Ripplemaker as an AU immediately but not as a MIDI sender until you open it in the background.

So we cannot run AB3 in Airplane mode?

Ta

• You can, just not all the time, forever - AB doesn't need to update its registry all the time, just every now and then.

• edited August 2017

@Michael said:
    You can, just not all the time, forever - AB doesn't need to update its registry all the time, just every now and then.

Ok thanks. So this Ripplemaker issue is not normal experience then? Is it a bug with AB3 or with Ripplemaker do you think? (CC @brambos)

Do we know if there are any other apps that you cannot see in the AB3 selection list?

• @gusgranite This is a bug in Audiobus / the Audiobus registry we are going to fix. Sorry for that.

• @gatzsche said:
    @gusgranite This is a bug in Audiobus / the Audiobus registry we are going to fix. Sorry for that.

Thanks!

• I didn't see AmpKit in Audiobus, but same in Audioshare and AUM

maybe time to say goodbye to this app (though I liked the acoustic amp quite a bit)

• There's a few apps hanging. Especially Xynthesizr and Egoist on my end.