Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

performances on iPod

I have a 4t gen iPod touch, I'd like to buy Audiobus, but what should I expect?
what could be the limitations due to the processor?
any testing done on this device?
many thanks

Comments

• edited December 2012

I would not recommend buying it. You're not going to be happy with its performance on that device.
    Testing has been done on it. It's not good.

• thank you for the suggestion.
    I undestand that it won't be possible to use many input sources at the same time or maybe even an app as effect, but maybe it will be ok only to direct input from an app (one at time) in a multitrack app?

• edited December 2012

Please don't buy Audiobus if the fastest device you can use it on is an iPod 4th gen. You won't like it. It's slow.

• Sebastian which iPhones work? My 3GS just freezes and crashes, which doesn't bother me as I bought it for the iPad, but some day I'll upgrade.

• They have mentioned in a few other posts and others have reported that anything less than an iPhone 4s won't perform well. Basically, you need a dual core chip, so A5 or better is what you need to have. I have an iPad2 and IP4 but haven't purchased Audiobus yet. I was hoping for decent results using JamUp and DAW but I really don't expect to be happy with the IP4.

Needing to upgrade equipment is going to be the cost of admission unfortunately. This is TRUE multitasking and it's going to show the weaknesses of hardware not meant to handle it :(

• Devices that we recommend running Audiobus on:
    iPad 2, iPod 5th gen, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPad 3 ("The new iPad I"), iPad 4 ("The new iPad II")

• Thanks. Might be worth mentioning that at the store as at least 1 person isn't happy his 4 doesn't work (says compatible with 3GS and up)

• edited December 2012

We mention it. Nobody reads app descriptions.

• @ DimitriPetrucci, my iPod Touch 4th Gen will only give good results with ThumbJam and SoundPrism (separately, not but simultaneously) as the input and Loopy as the output. NLog sputters and DrumJam just won't work.

All work great on my iPad 3 though.

• I downloaded Audiobus and I'm testing it on my IP4 and will post results on another thread I started... http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/25/iphone-4-performance#Item_7

Actually satisfactory results at the moment but I'm not pushing anything yet.... coming so follow over there.