Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your best App (Universal) for Atmospheric/Pad sounds?

Just checking which app you guys use for atmospheric pad sounds on IPHONE?

I have Thor on my IPAD which I love and also IM1 ( but its CPU heavy on IPHONE)

Comments

• Sunrizer.

• Mitosynth and LayR

• @enc said:
    Sunrizer.

the iphone version of this is totally bugged. Last update was 2014

• Mitosynth, Telepathy, and Alchemy

• Moodscaper.

• LayR - Multi Timbral Synthesizer by Living Memory Software
    https://appsto.re/us/A-h5eb.i

• SynthsScaper

• @JudgeDredd said:
    SynthsScaper

Also this

• @philowerx said:
    LayR - Multi Timbral Synthesizer by Living Memory Software
    https://appsto.re/us/A-h5eb.i

this looks like a good bet.. I havent tried it yet....

Moodscaper and Synthcaper .. I have them .. however chord playing is limited ( pentatonic scale )

• NanoStudio eden synth

• What about instances of Mood in AUM? I just bought Mood yesterday and DAMN!!

• Mitosynth, Synthscaper, Alchemy.

• I'll have to look at Mitosynth& Synthscaper. I've always loved how easy Alchemy made it to envelop yourself in padland.

• edited August 2017

-Caustic (it has an actual pads synth, a modular synth, regular subtractive synth, physical modelling string synth, an extensive sampler, etc).

-Xewton Music Studio (decent sampler, audio tracks, nice internal sounds, decent built-in effects with the ability to use IAA, etc).

-Gadget (it has the largest variety of sounds via its internal synths, IAP synths, and apps you purchase for which here are gadget shells (such as Darwin for iM1, Milpitas for iWavestation, etc). Although Gadget does tend to have "a distinctive sound" for some reason. :D )

-If not Gadget, at least get yourself the iWavestation. It's great for those classic pad sounds and goes pretty deep.

-Okay, for sure get Synthscaper.

-I'm on the fence about recommending Nanostudio. On one side of the coin, Eden synth alone is incredible! On the other side of the coin, the app goes "adios" with iOS 11's release. (Hopefully Nanostudio 2 will be available by then. We can only see.)

• I've used Phosphor for this exclusively since it came out. It has its own digital character, but it's very effective.

• edited August 2017

Basically any synth that allows modulation of parameters, allows low BPM, and has slow attack and release capability will work perfectly fine for atmospheric pad sounds. Layering of sounds is also another very useful tool for these sounds. However, some tools are more apt than others for that particular job. That said, here are some useful tools for these sounds (in no particular order, other than as they come to my mind):

-- Moodscaper
    -- iPulsaret
    -- Stria
    -- Grain Science
    -- Alchemy (no longer available)
    -- Fieldscaper
    -- Addictive Synth
    -- Crystal Synth
    -- String Ensemble
    -- Sunrizer XS
    -- TC-11
    -- Animoog
    -- Synthmaster
    -- LayR
    -- iWavestation
    -- MitoSynth
    -- TF8
    -- Synthscaper
    -- Chordflow
    -- Mood
    -- iDensity
    -- iVCS3
    -- Poison-202

• -- Ripplemaker too. :wink:

• @hisdudeness said:

Moodscaper and Synthcaper .. I have them .. however chord playing is limited ( pentatonic scale )

Not a problem--sample the moodscaper and play your chords on any root.

• Wow why didn't I think of this! BM3 to the rescue :)

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@hisdudeness said:

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@hisdudeness said:

@hisdudeness said:

@hisdudeness said:

@hisdudeness said:

I'm not sure how to do this .. never though of it too.. will check the manual...tnks

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

-Gadget (it has the largest variety of sounds via its internal synths, IAP synths, and apps you purchase for which here are gadget shells (such as Darwin for iM1, Milpitas for iWavestation, etc). Although Gadget does tend to have "a distinctive sound" for some reason. :D )

-If not Gadget, at least get yourself the iWavestation. It's great for those classic pad sounds and goes pretty deep.

What's your opinion of iwavestation ( sounds only) ....when compared to im1.. I do have the Im1 ?

• Mitosynth, Xynthesizer, SynthsScaper, Klevgrand Pads, Alina String Ensemble. LAYR

• The world is changin on this type of app for me.

ALL INFINTE, LAYR, and SYNTHSCAPER for me.

That is my new Trifecta for this shit.

• @hisdudeness said:
    Just checking which app you guys use for atmospheric pad sounds on IPHONE?

Another vote for iWavestation

• There is a drone IAP in MAGELLAN and you can drive two synths ,it's magic ! Kaspar deserve more love too ! Ilike Yonac 's synths ...

• @grego68 said:
    There is a drone IAP in MAGELLAN and you can drive two synths ,it's magic ! Kaspar deserve more love too ! Ilike Yonac 's synths ...

That Drone IAP is very nice. You can also run MAGELLAN along with MAGELLAN JR. The Drone IAP can be exported to JR at no additional cost. The end result is that you can magnify all that Drone goodness even more.

• I've been experimenting with FieldScaper on my phone resulting in some interesting textural sounds.

• Hi! I know this thread is a few years old but Worship Pads Pro is a killer pads app for soft atmospheric pads!
    Here’s a link:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/worship-pads-pro/id1586199401