Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS Sequencer best grid layout with chords ? midi file output a bonus.

I looking for the best functional chord sequencer on iOS preferably with midi file save. I have Klimper which sort of fits the bill but not keen on the black on black sequencer for laying out notes. Modstep has a good visual layout but not sure if it has midi file save once you have a progressive chord sequence together. I love the way the Gadget sequencer just works cut paste copy etc, but it's a closed garden for midi out. I looked at Xynthesizr and Fugue Machine by again they don't quite fine the bill and all work with different layouts and copy options. I also have all the main DAWs Auria, Cubasis, BM3 but find there sequencers hard to get along with. Is there any killer sequencers out there that I'm missing?

Comments

• Are you sure modstep doesn't fit the bill. Midi out works well...

• Kimpler does it play back while your try on different chords or melodies?

• Klimper I think is more of a chord progressive builder, you select you chord first and build from that. I may be wrong but I say no to it changing the chord on the fly.

• edited August 2017

Klimper layout is very dark and minimal with no letters and it's hard to see where you are laying out notes and the number of spaces between them due to black background.The copy and paste and moving of groups of notes is not the best either.

Modstep layout is clearer due to the lighter colour background and has a lot of control over copy and paste and for move groups of notes. It can be a a tad sensitive at times.

Gadget for me at least seems to work best as it just works.

For now Modstep I say because of all the functionally built in is the best iOS has to offer.

I was just wondering if there are any other apps out there that are dedicated sequencers that do the workflow for laying down notes and chords well.

• Nanostudio. Great GUI for linear sequencing. Expecting Nanostudio 2 in a few months - exciting!

• modstep or Genome or Infinite Looper.

But why is Gadget a closed garden for MIDI files?
    It has not MIDI Out, but it can read and save MIDI files - at least to Dropbox.

• Cheers I wasn't aware it had midi file export.

• Make an "Ableton" export ... that contains everything ... only Dropbox, i fear (or iTunes, which is for me non-existing)

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Klimper layout is very dark and minimal with no letters and it's hard to see where you are laying out notes and the number of spaces between them due to black background.

This is one of my pet peeves. Dark mode aesthetics often trump usability.

Klimper is actually pretty good for melodic tracks once you’ve set a chord palette though:

• Medley is worth a look too.

Medly - Music Maker by Medly Labs Inc.
    https://appsto.re/gb/CP1c4.i

• While Medley can export MIDI, it has no MIDI Out, which makes it less usable.
    And no, you also cannot run other Synths as IAA or AU.
    That's too restrictive to me....