Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

talk me out of getting Shoom

i'm pretty impressed with the preset sounds and the performance possibilities. right now i'm into this drone meets industrial idea. so: what's NOT to love in Shoom?

Comments

• (Still love it and glad I bought it)

• good point but i think with the y-Axis controller which needs me playing the touch screen missing Midi in is not too much of a problem (first time ever i say this!)

• @dermichl said:
    good point but i think with the y-Axis controller which needs me playing the touch screen missing Midi in is not too much of a problem (first time ever i say this!)

Yah, totaly. I just wish it had basic midi out though for adding accompaniment.

• I like it, but it's crying out for some sort of recording or automation feature. Then I could jam live over the top.

• Lol...Or do you mean talk me into getting Shoom? It is a whole lot of fun to play with, and if you are into drones and soundscapes, I would recommend it. I've enjoyed doing these huge, slow, one note at a time chord changes with it.

• I like recording it in Blocs.

• edited August 2017

@Cliffy said:
    Lol...Or do you mean talk me into getting Shoom? It is a whole lot of fun to play with, and if you are into drones and soundscapes, I would recommend it. I've enjoyed doing these huge, slow, one note at a time chord changes with it.

gottcha ;)
    yeah i like this violent/sinister/dark sounds quite a lot...

• Nazis dig Shoom!
    I kid! I kid!
    There is no way that I can talk you out of it. It IS a great little app.

• Had it for ages. Nothing really wrong with it. I just never used it. So deleted in one of my periodic culls.

• @AudioGus said:

I like recording it in Blocs.

Yeah, might get round to using it in BM3, now I'm not doing so much AUM jamming.

• I can't, I'm a confirmed Shoom fan.

It could use an update (features rather than bug fixes of which I can find none) but the core idea is so good it gets forgiven.

• Oh, also, if drone meets industrial is your thing then Synthscaper must be your thing.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthscaper-soundscapes-synthesizer/id1175892734?mt=8

• @AudioGus said:
    Oh, also, if drone meets industrial is your thing then Synthscaper must be your thing.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthscaper-soundscapes-synthesizer/id1175892734?mt=8

Doubleplus!

I would also add Sliver to the list of devices for that area.

• I like Shoom a lot. Don't get it.

• This thread inspired me to have a play with Shoom for the first time in ages. Sometimes it's fun to spice up an old favourite with a new toy. It seems my new hobby now is running Shoom through Replicant 2.

• Someone explain why I don't use shoom more often. It's pretty damn cool.
    (Might have something to do with the small parameter knobs area)
    Can't talk you out of getting it though.

• I made a load of presets once with Shoom, so I do love it. Worries me a tad having not seen any recent updates just in case it's been forgotten (which I am not inferring it has).

• Oh yah, be sure to get Fruitbat's presets, so good!

• Big update just dropped MPE midi etc.

• Shoom is the app I played most during this quarantine days. So deep. Yuri, the dev has implemented some really big thing as @Jumpercollins said for the next update. I’d you don’t have it, buy it and you will not retreat for sure. For my musical taste is a perfect ten.

• I agree, just an amazing, deep sounding synth

• And now has midi in, and MPE

• Yes a huge update for Shoom, Multi IAA out and multi midi input :)

• Warning! After updating today, the app is now crashing instantly on ipad 6th gen 12.3.1

• Is it or is it not AUv3?

• Not AUv3

• Any plans for it to be made AUv3? It would be pretty popular I think

• @Gavinski said:
    Any plans for it to be made AUv3? It would be pretty popular I think

You can use three instances of it in AUM. so it is like Auv3😜

It’s a huge synth. Tremendous sound and tweak possibility.

It ha also the best MPE implementation in IOS.

Really a Must have.

• Still worth getting without AUv3, it's a great synth :)