Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best IOS Audio Interface is.......?Arturia Audiofuse VIDEO

Arturia Audiofuse is a little beast this video by Synth Anatomy changed my view I thought the iconnectaudio4+ was the shit but ooooh no look at this thing man. Thanks Tom

Comments

• Have you seen it with all the cables plugged in? Hard to find.

• I'm looking for a truly portable 4in/4out interface with MIDI in/out. The Behringer UMC404HD has my interest but this looks great!

But at six times cheaper the 404 will likely win my money.

• Can AUM or AB3 output to all 8 of the channels through the ADAT pipeline ? Say to Saffire Pro40?

• edited January 2018

@noisefan said:
    I'm looking for a truly portable 4in/4out interface with MIDI in/out. The Behringer UMC404HD has my interest but this looks great!

Wow man, this has totally slipped under my radar! Tough choice between Behringer and IConnect 4+. Behringer is cheap but doesn’t have audio through which I might need for my Impaktor business.

Having said that, Behringer is so cheap one might get it just to own it and have a go and keep it as a backup. I’ve seen it for as little as £80 British new.

Arturia is definitely out of my price bracket. I don’t quite understand why is everyone so hot on plugless design. Virtually everywhere you go there’s wall sockets, even on buses. Even if it wasn’t about sockets who would want to carry any audio interface on a bus with them?!

Sorry I’m purging my brain after having watched a few YT audio interface review.

Edit: considering that Iconnect audio 4+ has audio through, 2 iOS device support and will charge one of them I’d say it still is the king of the hill as far as iOS is concerned.

• @supadom said:

@noisefan said:
    I'm looking for a truly portable 4in/4out interface with MIDI in/out. The Behringer UMC404HD has my interest but this looks great!

Wow man, this has totally slipped under my radar! Tough choice between Behringer and IConnect 4+. Behringer is cheap but doesn’t have audio through which I might need for my Impaktor business.

Having said that, Behringer is so cheap one might get it just to own it and have a go and keep it as a backup. I’ve seen it for as little as £80 British new.

Arturia is definitely out of my price bracket. I don’t quite understand why is everyone so hot on plugless design. Virtually everywhere you go there’s wall sockets, even on buses. Even if it wasn’t about sockets who would want to carry any audio interface on a bus with them?!

Sorry I’m purging my brain after having watched a few YT audio interface review.

Edit: considering that Iconnect audio 4+ has audio through, 2 iOS device support and will charge one of them I’d say it still is the king of the hill as far as iOS is concerned.

I'm leaning towards the iConnect audio 4+, as I use two iPads live and like you would love to still be able to trigger Impaktor. But I've been reading of issues between the 4+ and ios11...

• @MarkR said:

@supadom said:

@noisefan said:

I'm leaning towards the iConnect audio 4+, as I use two iPads live and like you would love to still be able to trigger Impaktor. But I've been reading of issues between the 4+ and ios11...

wait what kinda issues?

• Audient preamps are really (!) nice, but the core sentence of the intro: software completely rewritten... which gives some hope they eventually save the configuration in the box itself.

• I have one ... and being a veteran of many, many interfaces ( studio, desktop, mobile ) this one covers more bases than any other at almost any price.

I’m not a PreAmp aficionado but with a great mic and great performance these will keep up with most. With the line in (discrete, not a padded mic in ) SPDIF and ADAT input you can add any other pre you want!

The rest of the package...desktop and mobile use, 2headphones, inserts, turntable preamp, MIDI, usb hub, talkback mic, buttons, knobs and meters ... totally worth the price.

Built like a brick too...

• @MarkR said:

@supadom said:

@noisefan said:

I think it is a wise choice albeit I’m not a big fan of the touch based controls on the front.

As for Behringer preamps I’ve just read that Midas and Midas designed preamps are two different things so probably not as good as focusrite but probably not a massive issue for live use.