Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I hope you can see the art in this...

Last night after listening to @ion677 's composition with AUM, it inspired me to try something similar.
So I fired up AUM and used fugue machine's 4 playheads to control model 15, Mitosynth, poison 202 and SynthMaster. I was really impressed with what transpired so I recorded it in AUM and exported it to Auria pro and then I went to sleep.

Since my iphones news app keeps me updated to the latest drama (whether I like it or not) when I went to sleep I had horrific dreams of a nuclear war and its aftermath. All of this because of 2 spoiled brats that are ego tripping.

So today I fired up the app giphy and used the iPad in a box trick and recorded the playback with my iPhone and then exported it into LumaFusion. We're artist and what's happening around us affects us and needs to be expressed in our own way. I dont know, just thought I'd share how it was created and I am constantly amazed at what iOS is capable of. I didn't even work on it that long. iOS has a bright future ... even if I don't ;)

Comments

• edited August 2017

Hypnotic and terrifying, yet... peaceful. Time for a reboot? Well done.

• @AudioGus said:

Exactly! You described it perfectly. Because if an incident like this were to occur there is nothing we can do about it but to accept it. It's completely out of our control. I don't know what to think about all of it... but it's enough to affect my creativity process. I worry about my family. I doubt if anything will happen but u never know.

• @AudioGus said:

This midi pattern came entirely from fugue machine. I think I took out a couple midi notes and slowed down the tempo but it really was all made by the stock midi phrases. What an amazing and powerful app.

• LumaFusion is truly a revolutionary app for iOS

• @ginandjuice That was really powerful. I thought the menacing lower saw synth notes ebbing and flowing underneath the yelps and high staccato bits was jarring and quite unsettling in the best possible way, especially considering the infuences of the piece.

2017 is a more turbulent than 1967 was. We musicians, as artists, must try to spread as much positivity as we can and also shine a light on the insane things human nature leads us into.

Great stuff brother.

• @JRSIV said:
    @ginandjuice That was really powerful. I thought the menacing lower saw synth notes ebbing and flowing underneath the yelps and high staccato bits was jarring and quite unsettling in the best possible way, especially considering the infuences of the piece.

2017 is a more turbulent than 1967 was. We musicians, as artists, must try to spread as much positivity as we can and also shine a light on the insane things human nature leads us into.

Great stuff brother.

Thank you @JRSIV ... was 67 the Vietnam era? This was actually my 1st real venture into real electronic music into where I didn't create the initial melody. But I transformed it and molded it into something that I liked. It really tripped me out because I've never made music like that before. It was new and exciting and I really liked the end result and I felt I had to add a visual to the feeling the song gave me plus with everything that's goin on now... well, that influenced the visual. Amazing that this was done on an iPad in a matter of hours.

• @JRSIV said:
    @ginandjuice That was really powerful. I thought the menacing lower saw synth notes ebbing and flowing underneath the yelps and high staccato bits was jarring and quite unsettling in the best possible way, especially considering the infuences of the piece.

Great stuff brother.

Forgot to mention that I used eos2 on the poison 202 string and on the Mitosynth flute sound. SynthMaster was the staccato part. I think I'm gonna purchase more of SynthMaster iap's... amazing sounds.

• Thx for sharing, Really Great work !

• Very nice. I really like Fugue Machine, but I have yet to figure out how to use it to develop a composition, as opposed to playing the same patterns over and over.

Re Synthmaster, I bought the Michael Kastrup IAP and was very disappointed. The patches are a great start, but he didn't finish them, in the sense that none of the leads use the XY pads. He just didn't bother to program them. What's the point of a lead patch without the capability for real time expression? I felt ripped-off.

• edited August 2017

nice tune

John Cleese: "We live in a world run by arseholes"

• Reminded me of early electro funksters, Newleus' more relaxed tracks like Destination Earth and Computer Age. If it hadnt been acompnied by those images it would have given a different vibe. Good stuff, great memories even if, even then we were tormented by thoughts of nuclear war!