Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplebot

It’s a new app! A taste of things to come, if you will. It shows off some of the features to come in Loopy Pro, but with a special focus of its very own.

It’s called Samplebot, it’s a sampler/sequencer, and I hope you’ll love it.

https://samplebotapp.com

Comments

• Looks interesting !

• Sounds great...sampler&sequencer whooo!

• edited August 2017

Wowee. Plus a Flight of the Conchords reference!

• Binary solo!

• edited August 2017

Gooooood...
    And all the best for your baby boy @Michael ;-)

• OMG... looks like Ableton 1....

• @Kkani
    It's been several hours since your first announcement. What's happening? We need more updates and videos!

• edited August 2017

I found a video demo!

Let me see if I can post it here

• edited August 2017

Boom.

Hopefully we get a more in-depth demo soon ;-)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    @Kkani
    It's been several hours since your first announcement. What's happening? We need more updates and videos!

Haven't got it yet,still waiting.

• @Kkani said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    @Kkani

Haven't got it yet,still waiting.

Was kidding.

A little.

• https://samplebotapp.com/img/Loop.gif>; @Hmtx said:

Boom.

Hopefully we get a more in-depth demo soon ;-)

I would think it does 'multi-outputs'....?

• Can't wait!

• Anyone received a TestFlight yet. Hopefully today ?

• Yes, i Hope today

• Yep, in a couple of hours: beta review took ages, and only just finished - but I've nearly got another version ready to go, so I'm waiting to finish that before kicking things off. Nearly there.

• I like the name Robo Boogie better :)

• That would be an awesome name! Okay, next app =)

• Inbox is open ! Great work Michael

• Bebot needs a 'brother' so Samplebot is just about pefect ;)

• Bebot has a cousin in

RoboDrummer by Andrew Bluff
    https://appsto.re/gb/ghfzE.i

• Hi Michael. Glad to hear from you. Looking forward to testing Samplebot.
    ps: What can you tell us more about the app? Does it do some of the stuff that Sample Robot (obviously unrelated) does on desktop?

• @calxite - you won't need to wait to find out! Sending out invites now.

• edited August 2017

I really like the immediacy of it all. Really not sure about the sequencer yet, though. It starts off too far zoomed out, and there's no sense of where you are on the timeline when you zoom in (and zooming in is necessary). I'd like a switchable option to turn on bar numbers. I get that it's going for a minimal aesthetic but that aspect of it doesn't quite work for me. Also, it doesn't seem that you can grab the playhead and move it.

There was text in the description about holding to play, but I didn't get that. Just a tap to play the whole sample and there doesn't seem to be another 'mode' in the settings for hold. I wonder if I've missed something.

But I hasten to say again: the immediacy of recording samples is really cool indeed. Swipe to clear works excellently.

If you record a longer sample, does the note length for it increase in the timeline? I just did some silly one shot noises!

• Just got the TestFlight invite, will be able to play with it on Sunday because I'm working until then..thanks Michael

• Now this is clever, I'm about to gush about all the details and stuff. Are we supposed to keep this under wraps or something since it is beta?

• @Hmtx said:
    Now this is clever, I'm about to gush about all the details and stuff. Are we supposed to keep this under wraps or something since it is beta?

Good instinct/question.

• edited August 2017

@Hmtx said:
    Now this is clever, I'm about to gush about all the details and stuff. Are we supposed to keep this under wraps or something since it is beta?

From Michael's latest email: 'Oh, yeah - and if you enjoy Samplebot, and you feel so inclined: please tell the world about it!'

• Cheers, never hurts to read the email. I hope I don't get kicked off the beta team for not reading the instructions :sweat_smile: