Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthScaper Update ....but WHAT????

This is first update EVER i saw that just says NOTHING about what it changes!

I don´t know what developers are doign and thinking again and again :neutral:

Sales do not get communicated, the rate of the sale not displayed and updates dont get any explanation at all.

All of this is unacceptable, IMHO.

Comments

• What's New in Version 1.1

This update contains several big changes such as support of Audiobus 3 and Ableton Link. Also added new features of using one shot samples and automate pitch shifting, and very convenient option for packing scenes and its samples to single file that you can send to another device or share it with others. Of course that is not a final changes, SynthScaper continues to develop and improve.

One shot sample feature demo -
    Automate pitch shifting feature demo -

All changes:

● Supports Ableton Link.
    ● Supports Audiobus 3 (Audiobus MIDI).
    ● Added new scenes and presets.
    ● Added new samples to build-in library.
    ● Packing scenes and samples to single file.
    ● New mode for using one shot samples.
    ● Automated pitch shifting by LFO and Envelope.
    ● Buttons "Mute" for each oscillator on filters panel.
    ● All delay effects can sync with BPM.
    ● Small improvements of sound engine.
    ● Small improvements of user interface.
    ● Built-in description updated.
    ● Minor bug fixes.

• Cool update! Thanks Devs B)

• i think you've got your wires crossed @tja - this looks like an amazing update to the app.

• Nice update and seems pretty clear to me :)

• Updated for play during morning fun time. ;)

• No, they changed it!

When I now open the App Store, it shows the text!

Before, it was completely empty!
    No text at all!

So, it seems to be a mistake that was corrected - good :-)

• edited August 2017

@Jocphone said:

What's New in Version 1.1

This update contains several big changes such as support of Audiobus 3 and Ableton Link. Also added new features of using one shot samples and automate pitch shifting, and very convenient option for packing scenes and its samples to single file that you can send to another device or share it with others. Of course that is not a final changes, SynthScaper continues to develop and improve.

One shot sample feature demo -
    Automate pitch shifting feature demo -

All changes:

● Supports Ableton Link.
    ● Supports Audiobus 3 (Audiobus MIDI).
    ● Added new scenes and presets.
    ● Added new samples to build-in library.
    ● Packing scenes and samples to single file.
    ● New mode for using one shot samples.
    ● Automated pitch shifting by LFO and Envelope.
    ● Buttons "Mute" for each oscillator on filters panel.
    ● All delay effects can sync with BPM.
    ● Small improvements of sound engine.
    ● Small improvements of user interface.
    ● Built-in description updated.
    ● Minor bug fixes.

Did you buy it Joc?

I see the price has gone up.

• @tja said:
    No, they changed it!

When I now open the App Store, it shows the text!

Before, it was completely empty!
    No text at all!

So, it seems to be a mistake that was corrected - good :-)

Maybe a mistake in how your iPad loaded the page, rather than a mistake by the devs!

• Ableton link how do u turn it on anyone can't find the menu and the app doesn't show up under iPad settings.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you buy it Joc?

Nah, too much going on. Think I'm more tempted by Wolfgang's Infinite if I was to spring for anything.

• What is that person talking about?

Great app

Great developer

Great price for such an app

• edited August 2017

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you buy it Joc?

Nah, too much going on. Think I'm more tempted by Wolfgang's Infinite if I was to spring for anything.

If I could afford it I'd buy it just for the Gong-sounding patch. As it is I can't, so I'm keeping myself amused with whacky free Reaktor ensembles.

Not too fussed about the Wolfgang thing, sounds a bit sharp to me, and I've never got on with Phonem.

• Exactly what I thought also but was so pleasantly surprised to find out otherwise when I added it to my Groovebox mix in Cubasis. Wow worth every penny!

I'll also get Synthscaper but right now I think I've maxed out on synths.

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you buy it Joc?

If I could afford it I'd buy it just for the Gong-sounding patch. As it is I can't, so I'm keeping myself amused with whacky free Reaktor ensembles.

Not too fussed about the Wolfgang thing, sounds a bit sharp to me, and I've never got on with Phonem.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Maybe a mistake in how your iPad loaded the page, rather than a mistake by the devs!

I don't think so.
    Either developers or Apple.
    I look for updates several times each day and never before saw such a thing - would not have written otherwise.

But now this is of no further interest, or? ;-)

I love the update!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Ableton link how do u turn it on anyone can't find the menu and the app doesn't show up under iPad settings.

Top Right of screen where the default tempo is set to 120. Click that and you'll get another menu. The Ableton Link setting is to the far right.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you buy it Joc?

Tough call on these. I absolutely love both, but for my use... I'd lean a little more toward Synthscaper, and it's absolutely worth the price increase IMO. That puts it at the same rate as Mitosynth which is a fair value for what you get. Synthscaper gives me more dynamic control over how the sound is evolving over time. It also has sophisticated keyboard splitting and micro specific adjustments to pretty much every parameter. It's really hard to explain, but it's sort of like Mitosynth, but in more of a mad scientists laboratory.

With Synthscaper, I can start from absolute scratch and sculpt an evolving sound that's absolutely mine. For example, I've been working on one off and on for a few days. I almost deleted it because it started sounding horrible, but then I decided it could be further shaped into something I could use for a horror film background soundtrack. And, it started with just a recording of me saying "no" and "yes". I used each recording, shaped and pitched down on each of the 3 layers of each of the 3 osc panels. Each with different fx controlled by sliding on the keyboard that's split to use only osc 1 in the lower octaves, and the main part uses all 3.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm anywhere near mastering Synthscaper, but it's an incredible tool if you want to make something truly original.

Infinite is a different story. I wasn't fond of several of the first demo sounds that came out. They're nice, but didn't sound that unique to me. Now that I have the app, the presets are pretty incredible. And, you can start with those and end up somewhere else in the Cosmos fairly quickly. That can be very organic sounding if you want. Again, I don't have a clue how to truly harness the power of Infinite yet, but I feel like I'm always building on someone else's initial sound design rather than purely my own. That's fine with me, because that's pretty much where I'm at with LayR too. I can craft my own sounds from scratch, but I haven't got anything that's even close to the brilliance of RedSky and Brice's presets in that app. And there are a lot of great ones with lots of variety too. I just pick one of their genius presets, then start tweaking it to make it a little more my own. That's kind of where I'm at with Infinite so far.

• edited August 2017

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you buy it Joc?

Tough call on these. I absolutely love both, but for my use... I'd lean a little more toward Synthscaper, and it's absolutely worth the price increase IMO. That puts it at the same rate as Mitosynth which is a fair value for what you get. Synthscaper gives me more dynamic control over how the sound is evolving over time. It also has sophisticated keyboard splitting and micro specific adjustments to pretty much every parameter. It's really hard to explain, but it's sort of like Mitosynth, but in more of a mad scientists laboratory.

With Synthscaper, I can start from absolute scratch and sculpt an evolving sound that's absolutely mine. For example, I've been working on one off and on for a few days. I almost deleted it because it started sounding horrible, but then I decided it could be further shaped into something I could use for a horror film background soundtrack. And, it started with just a recording of me saying "no" and "yes". I used each recording, shaped and pitched down on each of the 3 layers of each of the 3 osc panels. Each with different fx controlled by sliding on the keyboard that's split to use only osc 1 in the lower octaves, and the main part uses all 3.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm anywhere near mastering Synthscaper, but it's an incredible tool if you want to make something truly original.

Infinite is a different story. I wasn't fond of several of the first demo sounds that came out. They're nice, but didn't sound that unique to me. Now that I have the app, the presets are pretty incredible. And, you can start with those and end up somewhere else in the Cosmos fairly quickly. That can be very organic sounding if you want. Again, I don't have a clue how to truly harness the power of Infinite yet, but I feel like I'm always building on someone else's initial sound design rather than purely my own. That's fine with me, because that's pretty much where I'm at with LayR too. I can craft my own sounds from scratch, but I haven't got anything that's even close to the brilliance of RedSky and Brice's presets in that app. And there are a lot of great ones with lots of variety too. I just pick one of their genius presets, then start tweaking it to make it a little more my own. That's kind of where I'm at with Infinite so far.

They all sound great to be honest, and a year ago I'd have hoovered them up. But finances, and an iPad full of existing synths mean I'm not even on the fence at the mo.

Saying that though Layr, Synthscaper and Infinite are definitely going on my Xmas list - as you mentioned they're deep apps that reward exploration, so just the thing for the holiday season, and better than socks.

• Saying that though Layr, Synthscaper and Infinite are definitely going on my Xmas list - as you mentioned they're deep apps that reward exploration, so just the thing for the holiday season, and better than socks.

Making t-shirt right now:
    Synths, better than socks

• @audiblevideo said:

Saying that though Layr, Synthscaper and Infinite are definitely going on my Xmas list - as you mentioned they're deep apps that reward exploration, so just the thing for the holiday season, and better than socks.

Making t-shirt right now:
    Synths, better than socks

+1

• @MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you buy it Joc?

They all sound great to be honest, and a year ago I'd have hoovered them up. But finances, and an iPad full of existing synths mean I'm not even on the fence at the mo.

I wish you better luck and soon with the shekels my friend, but Layr, Synthscaper and Infinite are all pretty baubles waiting for you come the as and when....

• @MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you buy it Joc?

I bet you have plenty of other good toys to tide you over until then. Some likely similar in sound to what you get in these apps. Yet, all three synths absolutely bring something new to the party. That being said, holding off for the xmas list is probably a good move if the budget's tight right now. I bet at least one or two of those will participate in the typical holiday discounts too. :)

• Thank you for the update Igor. Synthscaper is a hidden gem and I just purchased a few more of your apps.

• @skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you buy it Joc?

I bet you have plenty of other good toys to tide you over until then. Some likely similar in sound to what you get in these apps. Yet, all three synths absolutely bring something new to the party. That being said, holding off for the xmas list is probably a good move if the budget's tight right now. I bet at least one or two of those will participate in the typical holiday discounts too. :)

Oh definitely, I'm not complaining - I've been playing a lot of guitar, and having Komplete keeps me occupied! I dusted off my old Maschine Mikro last night - thought they'd abandoned it but good old NI still support older controllers, so learning how to use the new version of Maschine with that one.

• edited August 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Did you buy it Joc?

I wish you better luck and soon with the shekels my friend, but Layr, Synthscaper and Infinite are all pretty baubles waiting for you come the as and when....

Thanks Boss, those three have definitely been added to my Lapland submission, and something tells me we'll need some distractions this Christmas. Plenty of Komplete fun going on here though, and the pause in my appohicism is giving me a chance to enjoy the few I've bought, and learn BM3 properly for example, which is a monster of a thing.

Still enjoy reading how others are getting on, mind, so keep sharing.