Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Damage Pumphouse sidechain sequencer now available!

You know we got you covered, and in fuchsia, natch. Does pretty much what you think it does. Available early next week.

Comments

• That was me! I needed Sidechain-styled pumping in Cubasis. You're my hero mate! :smiley:

• On A Roll x1000 .... Wow.

• edited August 2017

This and QuatroMod: AudioDamage = iOS Kings.

• I have all your other plugins Thank you for your support and awesome apps

• @Chris_Randall Been hard at work on your new corporate identity package:

• @Chris_Randall So, how much will the price be? :) I got $14.99 at the ready.

• Oh shit quatro mod is out! How'd I miss that. Cash register ding

• QuatroMod by Audio Damage, Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/AqAMlb.i

A link in case anyone needs it. I only stumbled upon it while clicking related to make sure I'd reviewed them all.

• @Chris_Randall said:
    You know we got you covered, and in fuchsia, natch. Does pretty much what you think it does. Available early next week.

You Sir operate a Torture Chamber.

• @oat_phipps said:
    QuatroMod by Audio Damage, Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/AqAMlb.i

A link in case anyone needs it. I only stumbled upon it while clicking related to make sure I'd reviewed them all.

Got it,
    Love the clean design @Chris_Randall . Now to work and test some sound.

• Awesome, thank you, been waiting for this as a proper AU forever. That's such a convenience thing, doing Trance and other electronic genres I depend on Sidechaining so much, up until this I had to do it the old fashioned way (Volume Ducking via Automation, Velocity ramping).

Awesome.

• @Chris_Randall said:

Awesome ...I love those compression curves... will this app have some sort VU meter or at least a number for threshold since AUM already has a input meter?I know its not a must but... )

• This could most likely work pretty well as a 'trance-gate' too right?

• Will be able to record automation in BM3 also sweet

• Take my Money !

• @Chris_Randall said:

I love you so much. Been wanting this on iOS for years. Is this gonna be a paid or free plug ? Not that it matters to me. Will grab it regardless. Just curious.

• What is the name of this app? Don't have data to watch the video unfortunately.

• Pumphouse?

• Is this using one channel to duck the other channel in AUM or is the sequencer triggering the ducking?

• Think you'll be making the $$$ on this one.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Samu said:
    This could most likely work pretty well as a 'trance-gate' too right?

That’s what I’m hoping

• Great stuff albeit not exactly side chaining. AFAIK sidechain compressor takes an audio signal from another source and uses that to duck.

• Right, looks like it is more of a customizable gated compressor, something like that.

But I like it!

• edited August 2017

I should just > @Chris_Randall said:

At this point...I should just set you up on auto-draft from my bank account! Bravo!!!

• even if its not true true sidechaining, this is something that has been missing on IOS for so long...

• edited August 2017

@supadom said:
    Great stuff albeit not exactly side chaining. AFAIK sidechain compressor takes an audio signal from another source and uses that to duck.

A compressor works by detecting the amplitude of the incoming signal, and applying gain reduction based on that amplitude. A sidechain input just provides a signal other than the input for amplitude detection. An audio sidechain input is AC, of course, but most mono hardware compressors also have a link input, which is the same thing, but DC-coupled, and is used for linking two mono compressors together. To greatly simplify what's going on, the compressor in Pumphouse is detecting the level of the envelope (which is triggered by the sequencer) via what would in real life be the link input, instead of the audio input. But to be clear, a sidechain input and a link input are two sides of the same coin.

In this case, due to the fact that math is math and numbers are numbers, and the code doesn't care if the input is the Blue Monday kick drum pattern or the Fibonacci Sequence, I'm just throwing the envelope at the peak detector instead of an audio signal. So it literally is sidechained off the envelope generator, and the terminology, semantics aside, is absolutely correct.

As for whether this could be used as a trance gate, well, it's upside down, and a bit slow. In my opinion it would kind of suck for that. But to each his or her own.

• @Chris_Randall said:

@supadom said:
    Great stuff albeit not exactly side chaining. AFAIK sidechain compressor takes an audio signal from another source and uses that to duck.

A compressor works by detecting the amplitude of the incoming signal, and applying gain reduction based on that amplitude. A sidechain input just provides a signal other than the input for amplitude detection. An audio sidechain input is AC, of course, but most mono hardware compressors also have a link input, which is the same thing, but DC-coupled, and is used for linking two mono compressors together. To greatly simplify what's going on, the compressor in Pumphouse is detecting the level of the envelope (which is triggered by the sequencer) via what would in real life be the link input, instead of the audio input. But to be clear, a sidechain input and a link input are two sides of the same coin.

In this case, due to the fact that math is math and numbers are numbers, and the code doesn't care if the input is the Blue Monday kick drum pattern or the Fibonacci Sequence, I'm just throwing the envelope at the peak detector instead of an audio signal. So it literally is sidechained off the envelope generator, and the terminology, semantics aside, is absolutely correct.

Thanks for clearing that up. It was a little confusing due to there being two channels shown in AUM behind. Semantics aside, it means that you can match up the envelope with your source manually but not a trigger from a live signal. So, good for many uses/effects and as an AUM you could probably get real fancy with it running several instances on different sounds sources in channels of your DAW.

• @Chris_Randall said:

@supadom said:

As for whether this could be used as a trance gate, well, it's upside down, and a bit slow. In my opinion it would kind of suck for that. But to each his or her own.

This sounds positively delicious. I'm curious about something. Is it possible to do just volume gating with this sans compression ? Ala Xfer's LfoTool ? Also. Can I please has testflight soon? Wanna test it out so bad right now D: