Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Egoist, someone talk me out of it please.

2»

Comments

• Yes great app. My own best use for this is to use the bass midi out, turn off most if not all of the effects and slow it down. If you use it fairly minimally it sounds less Egoisty and is very useful in coming up with ideas and combining with other stuff.

• I will be picking it up but not today because now have to learn PPG Infinite. I'm going broke.

• Egoist is so much fun cause of all the random buttons. You literally don't have to know anything or do any thinking to come up with some cool stuff, just keep hitting the random buttons (they even look like dice so ya caint miss em). I don't know what most of the features are or what they're for, and with the random buttons, I don't need to! Life is great!

• You guys are lousy at this. He even asked nicely! And still you make him buy it. Bunch of enablers.

• @Beathoven said:

@ALB said:
    One thing I wish Egoist had was three audio outs instead of just one. Otherwise, great for making songs.

Using Egoist with Blocs Wave is the most basic and productive workflow I've come across on this platform; the two complement each other brilliantly. Great for noodling around and jamming. And, when something happens that's too good to just discard, drop the lot into Cubasis.

Indeed, I loved using AUM to send Egoist and add Effectrix (with a 30 step sequence to reduce repeat), Frekvens and Turnado into Blocs. Happy accidents galore!

• edited August 2017

@aaronpc said:
    You guys are lousy at this. He even asked nicely! And still you make him buy it. Bunch of enablers.

You can save a fortune with this 'vicarious app buying' thing.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    I will be picking it up but not today because now have to learn PPG Infinite. I'm going broke.

Welcome to the club, you can check out anytime you like etc etc

• @aaronpc said:
    You guys are lousy at this. He even asked nicely! And still you make him buy it. Bunch of enablers.

YO IT SUCKS, IT WILL CRASH YOUR IPAD JUST AFTER IT GIVES YOU CANCER, CAUSES WORLDWIDE FAMINE RIGHT AFTER AND HACK AND LAUNCH NKOREAN MISSILES WHICH START WW3.

DON'T
    BUY
    THAT
    SHIT.

Oh wait... too late

• @ALB said:
    One thing I wish Egoist had was three audio outs instead of just one. Otherwise, great for making songs.

Great idea! How about instead of three audio outs, four mix busses with assignable egoist instruments and or choice of the 16 available patterns.

• edited August 2017

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@ALB said:

Great idea! How about instead of three audio outs, four mix busses with assignable egoist instruments and or choice of the 16 available patterns.

And a demur librarian who's fierce after hours too...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@ALB said:

Darn you to heck for constantly having me pull out the dictionary, but thank you all the same for making me more well read.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@ALB said:

Darn you to heck for constantly having me pull out the dictionary, but thank you all the same for making me more well read.

Thought I might catch you with my verb vs adjective trick, but no such luck... :)

• Ok, I got PPG Infinite and this one today. You guys really do suck at trying to keep the addiction at bay.

BUT WOW! TWO VERY AWSOME APPS IN ONE DAY!

Thanks to everyone for there comments! You all were right, this is worth it. My brain is much from trying to soak it all up and figure it all out.

• Anyone still using this?

• edited February 2023

Looks super fun. Its a bit too pricy for me now, but i might buy it soon :)

• @cyberheater said:
    Anyone still using this?

Yep, it’s one of my favourite apps

• @cyberheater said:
    Anyone still using this?

Oh yeah I love it to death. It’s very overlooked as a bass synth and a drum machine. Super quick yet deep and a unique groovebox.

• Same here
    Seriously love this. You can use it as a groovebox/all-in-one and just build your track here. But reallistically, you would drop drum, bass, slices to your DAW/Looper/Whatnot and layer other stuff with it

It's a classic. You can check some videos on the desktop version too to see what others did with it

• Will probably test my Loopy Pro template and Audiobus+AUM setup feeding it and running alongside Drambo using Egoist and iDS-10 and main sources :lol:

• I was looking at Egoist the other month, it's been years since I bought it and prodded it approvingly for a few minutes, but now I think it might make a very good live performance platform for one iPad

• @cyberheater said:
    Anyone still using this?

Yep, it’s super versatile. I don’t really use it as an all in one groovebox but separately it’s a total swiss army knife app.