Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording Guitarism with Meteor

edited February 2013 in Creations

Had a go recording Guitarism through Jamup into Meteor, rounded it off with a lead melody using Thumbjam played from Geo Synth. Not terribly original, I just went with the flow, but I did get to play with Meteor's EQ, fx and mix automation feature.

Comments

• Hey PaulB, I like it. Interesting rhythm. Dreamy, swooshy guitars, what's not to like. Oh I love that trumpet sound, what app is it from.

• That's Thumbjam, but played from Geo Synth.

• I don't have Geo Synth, and I'm interested in how you're using it to record in Audiobus when it's not Audiobus compatible yet. Are you quickly switching apps to it after hitting record in Meteor or something, and the virtual MIDI from Thumbjam is then recorded when you're playing it with Geo Synth?

• edited February 2013

That's exactly what I did. I made sure I had a 2 bar count-in in Meteor, which gave me plenty of time to switch to Geo to be ready to start playing. I also did this for a couple of punch-ins, as I didn't get all the way through without making mistakes. It's actually audio from Thumbjam, the MIDI was from Geo Synth, which I didn't record.

• Very mellow - nicely done!

• Sounds pretty epic, like the prologue to a big medieval battle scene...

• It's actually the nicest acoustic guitar sound I ever got in a recording. I was going for something similar to that Pink Floyd guitar sound at the beginning of Dogs.

• @PaulB Glad to hear it! :)