Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

klimper becomes auv3 and IAA host!

edited August 2017 in General App Discussion

amazing update. I just loaded Phosphor2 as an audio unit, almost surreal to be able to do that ...

plus AB, midi out and LINK anounced to be coming soon!

Comments

• edited August 2017

It's half an update. No Midi out, no AB3, no Link. If and when they are added, the app could become useful. Coming soon doesn't mean much.

• ...and some new tutorials

• Well that was a nice surprise

Though i'll probably still use it to sketch midi which i can export and open in a DAW. Still, lovely for sketching as well instead of the build in sounds

• Is this similar to Chordbot?

@nick said:
    amazing update. I just loaded Phosphor2 as an audio unit, almost surreal to be able to do that ...

@nick said:

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Is this similar to Chordbot?

@nick said:

@nick said:

It's more of sequencer with the added chord progression assistance

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Is this similar to Chordbot?

@nick said:

@nick said:

you can make chord progressions with it like in cordbot, but then you can switch to a piano roll interface that lets you easily create melodies and bass lines based on those chords ... and then arrange into songs. so it is quite a bit more than chord bot

• Is it easy to tell what chords you're inputting?

• edited August 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Is it easy to tell what chords you're inputting?

The workflow is that you start by selecting chords for your progression, then you switch to the piano roll where note input now highlights the chords you settled on. Makes it very easy to do chord rythms, basslines, arps, etc.

Before it got this au update, i would then export my song as a midi file and finish in Auria

• @MusicMan4Christ said:

on the main screen you have a chord library and you can drag and drop chords to a timeline
    then on the piano roll screens the notes that make up that chord are colored

• @nick said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

on the main screen you have a chord library and you can drag and drop chords to a timeline

When you drop the chords on the timeline, do you stretch them to the preferred length or do you have to select how many beats or something?

• @db909 said:

@nick said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

When you drop the chords on the timeline, do you stretch them to the preferred length or do you have to select how many beats or something?

You can enter notes like all other piano rolls. One cool feature is the length and snap of the notes depends on your zoom level so if you want 1/16 you zoom in a bit, 1/4 out etc

• Hmm looks like it got a major makeover too since the last time i looked at it in the store. Looks like Auxy was an inspiration. Not bad. Gonna wait for midi out though, personally.

• Are there any pre built transgressions templates to use? Like in Navichord.

• @db909 said:

@nick said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

You stretch /shrink them.

• I can't find any info if LINK will be added or maybe Midi in?

• No mention of midi in, but App Store description says midi out, and link are coming soon.

• Can't find the mention in the App Store...

• Wanna push buy but needs link that would rock!

• Me too MM4C! This sounds like almost my perfect app.

• Brilliant update! I love it.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Wanna push buy but needs link that would rock!

Here it is:

Klimper
    https://appsto.re/gb/Z-54gb.i

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Are there any pre built transgressions templates to use? Like in Navichord.

The way of the transgressor is hard.

• @Processaurus said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

I need more transgression templates in my life. Sometimes it's really difficult to figure out exactly how to shoot myself in the foot

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Wanna push buy but needs link that would rock!

• LOL :D :D :D
    <3 :o

@Processaurus said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

• Wanna see Dougs video on this....

• Had managed to avoid it, but good further development and AB3 and Link promises made me throw some bones in the box etc.

• Redownloaded Klimper and been playing with it and it's a whole lot better now. There are some apps in the iaa list that don't communicate yet. Can't access my e-pianos in Colossus and Viking synth doesn't give access to the other presets but still thanks very much Dev for making this a better playing field! I'm sure things will get ironed out

• How does this differ to Kord on the iPad by same developer?