Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3.01 update live

edited August 2017 in General App Discussion

From Intua forum:

Current status: Submitted to the App Store for review.

What's new in BeatMaker 3.0.1

Added a "MIDI Setup" button when loading an IAA or Audiobus plugin, both on the PLUGIN tab and within the split keyboard screens. This makes setting MIDI output port & channel easier for apps that need proper configuration.
Added an option in MIDI settings (Browser > Gear icon > MIDI tab), to toggle MIDI data forwarding to the selected pad, a.k.a. 'OMNI'. When turned off, MIDI routing will be performed regarding Bank / Pad MIDI input configuration. When turned ON, every MIDI messages will be forwarded to the currently selected pad. All this happens if the MIDI message wasn't assigned to a MIDI focus action.
Instantiation of AUv3 has been improved.
Focus actions learning can be cancelled by simply pressing the button again. Also, when switching tabs or hidden the view, learning will be silently stopped.
Improved support of BM2 presets.
Renamed "SVFilter 6" to "6-band EQ".
The "Velocity" ON/OFF toggle on the keyboard screens will properly be restored.
Improved USB/iTunes file import, the Documents directory will refresh automatically and ZIP files will be extracted and content imported.
It's now possible to tag sessions, bank presets and samples in the browser 'Files' + EDIT mode.
It’s now possible to add custom categories and sub-categories.
Improved the "Restore Purchases" functionality.
Improved Audiobus support (ports naming and icons).
Improved sorting of samples in the 'SAMPLES' tab of the Editor screen.
Case-insensitive sorting of IAA plugins.
Double-tapping a pattern while in SELECT mode (SONG) will open the Pattern Editor.
Disabled crossfading for samples using disk streaming.
Properly update the extra frame needed for linear interpolation, in regard of current looping mode.
Added a 'glow' animation to make it more obvious than an user action / MIDI message is required.
Fixed an issue where the plugin selector would keep being re-created each time a pad was changing. This led to various crashes.
Fixed "channel-less" MIDI messages that would cause subsequent MIDI data to be interpreted as SysEx, resulting in some unexpected behavior. Now, for example, the BeatStep Pro transport buttons work as expected.
Fixed latency change crash.
Fixed IAA instruments & effects timestamping. Now, most plugins should behave normally.
Fixed internal MIDI port feedback loop, since two "BeatMaker 3" ports (input / output) were listed in the MIDI input / output ports list.
Fixed an issue where AUv3 saved in a bank preset wouldn’t recover their state.
Fixed a glitch in the Macro Screen that would make it impossible to switch between macro slots and display the X/Y zones.
Fixed Sound Store result parsing leading to crashes.
Fixed and improved MIDI import, it is also now possible to import MIDI in SCENE & PATTERN modes.
Fixed a crash that could happen while disconnecting from Ableton Link.
Fixed a crash that could happen while installing multiple sound-packs.
Fixed a crash related to selection of current scene.
Fixed an issue with some recorded patterns that would lead to a crash when exporting.
Fixed UI rendering of stretched audio clips.
Fixed sub-category filtering.
Fixed default position of value editors with patterns.
Fixed a crash that would happen when disabling the default Amplitude Envelope and setting the trigger type to 'HOLD'.
Various smaller improvements

Comments

• Thanks!!!

That's a lot for a 0.01 improvement ;-)

• I'm hoping the the midi fix means it will fix AB3 midi too, fingers crossed... :)

• I hope this fixes multichannel midi in. Modstep is feeling left out of the bm3 party currently.

• Yee haw. Probably unlikely that all MIDI issues will be fixed in one fell swoop but good to see the emphasis on getting the biggest bugs tackled. Nice long list here...

• But does it work, now? ;)

• @Zen210507 said:
    But does it work, now? ;)

It's been submitted to Apple. They decide when users can access the update on the Appstore.

• Looking forward to a stable platform.
    Big list. Big amount of bugs.
    Fingers crossed

• @Zen210507 said:
    But does it work, now? ;)

Unless this patch broke it (doubtful) then it still works!

• Good to see they're on the case, I have faith in this app.

• Cool! Two weeks in and an update, nice!

(Just to be on the paranoid/safe side, I am backing everything up before updating.)

• tjatja
    edited July 2017

Hehehe, very nice.

From you, or from where?

EDIT: Saw the URL

• anyone annoyed by the separate "autosaved" files instead of just automatically saving the actual file itself when the app is closed?

• @AudioGus deux points Monsieur... :)

• Great job getting the update out quickly. Hoping to get some real work done this week. Neo-soul keys studio and phosphor 2 coming any day now. Gonna be a great week for iOS music.

• @Suboidua said:
    anyone annoyed by the separate "autosaved" files instead of just automatically saving the actual file itself when the app is closed?

Yep, absolutely, and I'm fed up with being told I'm in danger of losing changes, straight after saving a session.

I hope they've looked at this in the update, as I'm convinced (ironically) that it's caused issues in unsaved files for me.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Suboidua said:
    anyone annoyed by the separate "autosaved" files instead of just automatically saving the actual file itself when the app is closed?

Yep, absolutely, and I'm fed up with being told I'm in danger of losing changes, straight after saving a session.

I hope they've looked at this in the update, as I'm convinced (ironically) that it's caused issues in unsaved files for me.

+1

• I got BM3 last night. I was expecting no midi in from multiple channels cause i thought that's what i read in a couple threads, and that is why I waited this long to buy it. Foolishly bought BM3 out of frustation last night cause modstep continues to be unusable for me after a year of reporting a paticular bug. But i'm actually triggering externally on different channels in BM3. Am i misunderstanding something about the BM3 midi problem? Anyhow, so far I'm glad i bought this so far. I still need to test to see if i can finally achieve my desired ios work flow.

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I hope this fixes multichannel midi in. Modstep is feeling left out of the bm3 party currently.

• edited July 2017

I see. Unwanted triggering of events despite closing off ports.

• @Blipsford_Baubie what bug in modstep is this? As we already got a modstep update, maybe this has a new chance?

• @tja
    When recording midi, if the clip speed is set to anything other than 1x, the duration of the midi note is recorded at the wrong length. So if the clip speed is set to slower than 1x, while recording you can actually see the recording of the note run ahead of the play head. The result is a longer than desired note length during regular play back. If clip speed is set to faster than 1x, you will see the note lag behind the play head while recording. The result is shorter than desired note lengths.

Last year I've submitted proper bug reports and on two different occasions two different devs have responded. No follow ups since. How many updates have their been since?

• edited July 2017

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    @tja
    When recording midi, if the clip speed is set to anything other than 1x, the duration of the midi note is recorded at the wrong length. So if the clip speed is set to slower than 1x, while recording you can actually see the recording of the note run ahead of the play head. The result is a longer than desired note length during regular play back. If clip speed is set to faster than 1x, you will see the note lag behind the play head while recording. The result is shorter than desired note lengths.

Last year I've submitted proper bug reports and on two different occasions two different devs have responded. No follow ups since. How many updates have their been since?

Regarding note length This happens if record quantise is on. Disabling it makes it so no changes happen to note length. The recording before and after the timeline but I haven't experienced at all. Been having no issues recording midi in a year. I record into cells at 1/4th speed all the time. There's been atleast 14 betas and 3 public releases since last year. So it might have been squashed in that time.

• edited July 2017

Modstep... crazy sequencing capabilities...

• @gonekrazy3000
    It's not a quantize thing, but I did think of a better way of explaining what's happening: The notes are being recorded at 1x speed despite the speed of the clip playing at a different speed. That is the reason when a clip is playing slow at 1/4 the normal speed, during recording I can see the recorded note quickly run ahead of the transport. So recording a quarter note fills the entire measure. This still happens to me on the most current version.

• while I appreciate an update, I dont think we need to be hyped up before each one, the hype leading up to the launch date was plenty for me, at this point I'd rather just see theres an update when it's live, especially if it's bug fixes and not any new features, just posting the changes after the update is live works for me, lol.

• @Strizbiz said:
    while I appreciate an update, I dont think we need to be hyped up before each one, the hype leading up to the launch date was plenty for me, at this point I'd rather just see theres an update when it's live, especially if it's bug fixes and not any new features, just posting the changes after the update is live works for me, lol.

Letting us know that an update has been submitted and listing the features does not qualify as 'hype' IMHO. More like good communication between the developer and their customers. Damned if they do damned if they don't. Smh

• @Dham said:

@Strizbiz said:
    while I appreciate an update, I dont think we need to be hyped up before each one, the hype leading up to the launch date was plenty for me, at this point I'd rather just see theres an update when it's live, especially if it's bug fixes and not any new features, just posting the changes after the update is live works for me, lol.

Letting us know that an update has been submitted and listing the features does not qualify as 'hype' IMHO. More like good communication between the developer and their customers. Damned if they do damned if they don't. Smh

This is just a copypasta thread. Fair enough Intua officially posting the advance notification on their official board. What gets copypasted ain't no thing.

• @OscarSouth said:

@Dham said:

@Strizbiz said:

This is just a copypasta thread. Fair enough Intua officially posting the advance notification on their official board. What gets copypasted ain't no thing.

No hype, just useful to have a separate thread to discuss what's fixed or not fixed in this update than the other huge thread to wade through :)

• edited August 2017

@Carnbot said:

@OscarSouth said:

@Dham said:

@Strizbiz said:

No hype, just useful to have a separate thread to discuss what's fixed or not fixed in this update than the other huge thread to wade through :)

Totaly, and why submit bug reports for things that are fixed? I like the knowing part.