Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video...Lets Explore and Compose with CAUSTIC 3.2

Here is the first in a series of Caustic videos and tutorials I'm making, Caustic is without a doubt one of the greatest apps ever.

Comments

• Nice job Doug. Best standalone music app IMHO. Way deeper than you might think.

• @anickt said:
    Nice job Doug. Best standalone music app IMHO. Way deeper than you might think.

The sampling is fantastic too and the pitch shift stretch etc etc

• With the free app Documents 6 by Readdle you can use the built-in Caustic FTP server to access all of Caustic's folders. I use this to organize Caustic folders and import/export to cloud storage. Very handy.

Documents 6 - File manager, PDF reader and browser by Readdle Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/Vw_Vv.i

• @anickt said:
    With the free app Documents 6 by Readdle you can use the built-in Caustic FTP server to access all of Caustic's folders. I use this to organize Caustic folders and import/export to cloud storage. Very handy.

its the Biz! :)
    and don't forget the ridonkulous amount of user uploaded presets on the forum site..
    and the auto spreading of sample zip files across the keyboard..
    and... no wait.. let Doug handle it.. videos always win the kids over better than words..

• @RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:
    With the free app Documents 6 by Readdle you can use the built-in Caustic FTP server to access all of Caustic's folders. I use this to organize Caustic folders and import/export to cloud storage. Very handy.

and don't forget the ridonkulous amount of user uploaded presets on the forum site..
    and... no wait.. let Doug handle it.. videos always win the kids over better than words..

LOL! If someone said I could only have one music app on my iPad it would be Caustic. Doug will show us why!

• @anickt said:

@RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:

LOL! If someone said I could only have one music app on my iPad it would be Caustic. Doug will show us why!

It is the bomb, and such a small size, hyper efficient cpu and what like 10$

• I''ve been using it on Android for years. Awesome app. It's on my iPhone, iPad, and PC also.

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@anickt said:

@RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:

It is the bomb, and such a small size, hyper efficient cpu and what like 10$

Also note that it is available for all platforms and free on desktops. I use caustic with a HP 7inch tablet I bought for 30 euro's and it performs very well.

• I was going to do the video series on the desktop version using screen capture, in fact I already made a 30 minute test video using the desktop version and uploaded to my Patreon page. But in the end I actually prefer using the iPad version, the latency is perfect, whereas the desktop version, which is completely free and fully functional, does have a very slight lag with my midi keyboard, but of course if you just entering note on the grids then it's all cool beans. Someone commented on the YT video that it's an awesome app but could do with a UI face lift, I disagree, it's one of the many things that I love about Caustic, as my eyesight isn't great Caustic is perfect for me, I can actually see what's going on.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I was going to do the video series on the desktop version using screen capture, in fact I already made a 30 minute test video using the desktop version and uploaded to my Patreon page. But in the end I actually prefer using the iPad version, the latency is perfect, whereas the desktop version, which is completely free and fully functional, does have a very slight lag with my midi keyboard, but of course if you just entering note on the grids then it's all cool beans. Someone commented on the YT video that it's an awesome app but could do with a UI face lift, I disagree, it's one of the many things that I love about Caustic, as my eyesight isn't great Caustic is perfect for me, I can actually see what's going on.

Agreed Doug. Also, you can make your own skins. My preferred skin is Darker. A module in the Modular was missing a jack graphic. I fixed it and here's a link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87ozw4ekg18th2o/Darker 32 Rev.zip?dl=0

• I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Sunvox yet.

• @u0421793 said:
    I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Sunvox yet.

I'll mention it now, sounds amazing, looks incredible, impossible for me to understand

• I've had Caustic on Android for years. So good for an all in one app. The PCM synth is so powerful. Not limited to 5 second samples like Gadget. I think the vocoder is the most powerful on ios as you can select any sound as the carrier. I think all other ios synths jut have a selection of carrier sounds such as robot, chipmunk etc.

• @richlum said:
    I've had Caustic on Android for years. So good for an all in one app. The PCM synth is so powerful. Not limited to 5 second samples like Gadget. I think the vocoder is the most powerful on ios as you can select any sound as the carrier. I think all other ios synths jut have a selection of carrier sounds such as robot, chipmunk etc.

The selection of synths is so interesting and inspiring...and accessible

• Doug, great review as always.

Maybe I oversaw it but, doesn't it have Ableton link? Does it have midi sync in at least?