Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria not so pro

13»

Comments

• Everyone climbs the mountain, few arrive at the summit, those that do carry notes from each of us in the linings of their coat.

• Once I got used to the UI Auria became my iOS DAW of choice. Really easy and fast for zooming in and making edits, though I've never used it for MIDI, and the tiny controls put me off the included synths. But I'd rather use Auria than Logic, to be honest.

Change of workflow meant I switched to live jams in AUM, and now BM3 looks like it'll be doing a lot of the heavy lifting.

But if I need to record audio in, edit or arrange audio tracks on the iPad Auria is still best of the bunch.

• Yeah I agree as far as audio is concerned auria is spot on although I do sometimes miss takes in reaper but at the same time takes made me lazy and i tend to focus more when not having them

Fair point with wave machine not getting paid for the plug ins I didn't realise that! You'd think they'd get a commission of some sort. I'd happily pay for an upgrade to have stable midi as an iap or whatever.

I guess I'm done moaning now it's a real shame I can't use midi in auria without issues but it is what it is. Be nice to get a response from wave machine though

• @Extnctn6 said:
    Yeah I agree as far as audio is concerned auria is spot on although I do sometimes miss takes in reaper but at the same time takes made me lazy and i tend to focus more when not having them

Fair point with wave machine not getting paid for the plug ins I didn't realise that! You'd think they'd get a commission of some sort. I'd happily pay for an upgrade to have stable midi as an iap or whatever.

I guess I'm done moaning now it's a real shame I can't use midi in auria without issues but it is what it is. Be nice to get a response from wave machine though

Yes, I wasnt making excuses for them, I haven't been around here much this year but if you haven't gotten any response that is frustrating. Which was my main point- it wasn't always like that, so it is possible (I have no affiliation with Rim nor have I had any correspondence with him, so this is just an observation on patterns) that Auria has become too big and too deep a hole to keep that same enthusiasm up without consistent revenue stream equivalent to the amount of work it takes. Then again, I'm a social worker and a working local musician, so my whole 2 lives are about effort and enthusiasm needed that do not have similar monetary return... ;)