Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TheAudioDabbler | Beatmaker 3 Videos - Got Scenes, Songs, Patterns

I figured instead of saturating the forum with multiple threads, I would just create one thread with all of my BM3 videos. As I post new videos I will try and remember to update this thread. Thanks for everyone watches my videos.

Sample AUM inside of BM3

EQ Found its the SV Filter 6

Using the Sampler as a Synth

File Structure and Categories

Comments

• edited July 2017

How to quickly sample drums to multiple pads.

• I would like to see one of a timeline recording of a audio input with multiple effects...like a guitar track with 2-3 apps in the chain as AU effects..
    Not just for sampling but an entire track... is that possible ?

• edited July 2017

Great job. Very easy to follow. Patreon coming on the weekend -- with detailed requests!

• Great videos man! Thanks so much!

• @thepinkelefant Yes that is possible. I am slowly working my way towards that type of video. I have some pretty cool rockish drum patterns going right now.

@ExAsperis99 That will be much appreciated and I will get right on your detailed request.

@MusicMan4Christ Thanks. I am really enjoying this app. I feel I might actually be able to make a full track or 2.

• As soon as ios 11 gets here we can all do videos to help each other out :)

• @stormywaterz I agree and I am excited to see videos from others, but from someone who has been doing them a while, its not as easy as you may think. I would encourage everyone to take and challenge themselves to record a tutorial video once iOS 11 comes out. I gained a lot more respect for @thesoundtestroom and @jakoB_haQ once I started doing them myself.

There are a ton of things to consider, many frustrations, and hours and hours lost trying to record videos with good video and audio. My current setup serves me perfect right now and I doubt I will use the screen recording options since it will take up resources and space on my little 16gb iPad Air 1. Plus I like seeing finger placement and such.

• @gmslayton Instead of "bm3", may I suggest putting "BeatMaker 3" in the video title? This will give your videos (which are great BTW, keep them coming!) improved results when searching for the official app name.

• @gmslayton said:
    @stormywaterz I agree and I am excited to see videos from others, but from someone who has been doing them a while, its not as easy as you may think. I would encourage everyone to take and challenge themselves to record a tutorial video once iOS 11 comes out. I gained a lot more respect for @thesoundtestroom and @jakoB_haQ once I started doing them myself.

There are a ton of things to consider, many frustrations, and hours and hours lost trying to record videos with good video and audio. My current setup serves me perfect right now and I doubt I will use the screen recording options since it will take up resources and space on my little 16gb iPad Air 1. Plus I like seeing finger placement and such.

How do you do it. I'm considering doing some simple tutorials on stuff like drum programming, FM synthesis (for my own benefits as much as anything). Not sure what the best setup would be.

• edited July 2017

I'm going to have to get involved one of these days! **

** I do have a few videos up but nothing calculated

• @gmslayton thanks for these videos! Always enjoy your own personal approach to these things. Very considered and inquisitive, while at the same time being very informative!

• @huphtur Yea thats a good idea. I will add it to the name.

@cian I have a panasonic Lumix G7 camera along with a Zoom H4n Pro. I record my voice and the iPad audio into the Zoom and then sync in post with the video. I edit my videos with Final Cut Pro. It is a little bit of work but with practice, I can easily pump out several videos an hour, as I have done today.

@OscarSouth I can't wait to see more and thanks for those kind words. I am a very inquisitive person and like to know how things work.

• These are great, thanks! Would love to see a scene mode/sequencer tutorial....

• I've been spending some time configuring my Quneo and Qunexus for BM3 with a powered mini hub, and it looks like these things might finally start carrying their weight around here. It's looking like a bulletproof and portable setup that may really mix up my methods in a good way. Here's me with the new rig:

All I'm missing now would be some videos of people actually playing the thing to its potential. I'm just about there in how it all works, but I want to see someone actual work it (if you know what I mean).

• Added using a video where I use the Sampler as a Synth.

• Added my latest video to the top. I explore the file system, how to move files, where the samples go when you record, and add a category to a sample.

• @gmslayton said:
    I figured instead of saturating the forum with multiple threads, I would just create one thread with all of my BM3 videos. As I post new videos I will try and remember to update this thread. Thanks for everyone watches my videos.

Sample AUM inside of BM3

EQ Found its the SV Filter 6

Using the Sampler as a Synth

File Structure and Categories

Good stuff have subbed. Thanks

• Great job bro!

• @gmslayton Thanks for the effort B)

• @gmslayton - very helpful thank you, particularly the 'sampler as a synth' vid, lot's of depth there I've yet to explore.

• Scenes, Songs, and patterns

• Sweet! Just in time thanks bro!

• Can you record vocal tracks into BM3 ?

• Checked out most of the vids on the Tube ,haven’t heard a Song with vocal tracks,is BM3 used for musical tracks only?

• You can record vocals. You would just need to arrange it in song mode, then add an audio track and record the vocals. It will still create a clip of the vocals like everything else. I will work on a video showcasing this soon.