Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

midiSequencer - all IAPs now free (and Quantum discussion)

edited July 2017 in Market Place

To Celebrate 4th July this week, MidiSequencer now only 99c and all IAPs are free - but only up to the start of weekend folks.
Allow a short time for it to filter through iTunes...
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midisequencer/id787934896
here is an example of what you could do with it...
https://soundcloud.com/…/moog-model-15-birds-animoog-sequen…
many more examples available...

Comments

• link to examples again

• Grabbed...thanks :)

• Thanks @midiSequencer somehow this has always been a "maybe one-day".

Today is obviously that day, looking forward to giving it a spin later.

• Sold! Happy fourth....

• Got it, was on my think-about list ;-)

Thank you very much!

• @midiSequencer said:
    link to examples again

I really like this!!!

Where's the midiSequencer project file?
    ;-)

• Very easy to use, shockingly ugly, and sonically effective!

• @ALB said:
    Very easy to use, shockingly ugly, and sonically effective!

C'est moi!

In less self-obsessed mode: This is almost stealing if you don't already have it...

• edited July 2017

@ALB said:

yes its abit multicoloured & saturated .... intentionally retro. some people hate it, some like it, others (like me) just use it to create great berlin school sequences....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ALB said:

C'est moi!

In less self-obsessed mode: This is almost stealing if you don't already have it...

steal away !

• edited July 2017

@tja said:

@midiSequencer said:
    link to examples again

I really like this!!!

Where's the midiSequencer project file?
    ;-)

not sure I have it (it was a year ago) - but its basically 8 notes with echoFX tweaked in realtime (transposed, shortened etc in the spirit of berlin sequencing). Only animoog is being played by midiSequencer here.
    The bird sounds were the main feature here - it's my patch you all have in the m15 library but again tweaked like made, but animoog sounds good playing in the background.

• Has the app's development been abandoned?

• edited July 2017

@Zjenji said:
    Has the app's development been abandoned?

I am no longer developing this app as it needed to go multi-track - hence Quantum has been in development for over a year - all extending midiSequencer to n dimensions. But midiSequencer is at the heart of it and still useful to drive Quantum (when it is released) for automation via cc & NRPNs as well as learn step sequencing without the contrapuntal overhead.

• @midiSequencer said:

@ALB said:

yes its abit multicoloured & saturated .... intentionally retro. some people hate it, some like it, others (like me) just use it to create great berlin school sequences....

I hope that I was able to convey both love and hate, but mostly love.

• @midiSequencer said:
    contrapuntal overhead

Cod-Prog Anthem of the Day

• @ALB said:

@midiSequencer said:

@ALB said:

I hope that I was able to convey both love and hate, but mostly love.

:)

• edited July 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@midiSequencer said:
    contrapuntal overhead

believe me Quantum is more fugal than fugue machine - that only has four play heads this has 24! But even midiSequencer with one play head and echoFx is great imo.

not to dis fugue machine - I did a demo of that too (in a Klaus Schulze style)! Can't have enough sequencers - just fire up your favourite synth and you get all sorts of goodness out of it.....

• I'm looking forward to having a play with this

• @midiSequencer said:

@Zjenji said:

I am no longer developing this app as it needed to go multi-track - hence Quantum has been in development for over a year - all extending midiSequencer to n dimensions. But midiSequencer is at the heart of it and still useful to drive Quantum (when it is released) for automation via cc & NRPNs as well as learn step sequencing without the contrapuntal overhead.

Will midisequencer be necessary for Quantum? Or does my purchase simply help keep you in Ramen during the making of the new app? ;)
    Either way, I'm in.

• @midiSequencer said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@midiSequencer said:
    contrapuntal overhead

believe me Quantum is more fugal than fugue machine - that only has four play heads this has 24! But even midiSequencer with one play head and echoFx is great imo.

not to dis fugue machine - I did a demo of that too (in a Klaus Schulze style)! Can't have enough sequencers - just fire up your favourite synth and you get all sorts of goodness out of it.....

Mmm klaus schulze style. Thanks for the IAP gifts, looking forward to the new one.

• We should celebrate July 4 more often :)
    Every country has a national day, just saying, before I steal it too.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@midiSequencer said:

@Zjenji said:

Will midisequencer be necessary for Quantum? Or does my purchase simply help keep you in Ramen during the making of the new app? ;)
    Either way, I'm in.

no different app, but midiSequencer has up to 16 midi controls (you could use CCs or NRPN with 16 step values) you can automate Quantum, or indeed any other midi app.

but Quantum is complex - for example it has a timewarp feature that allows you keep overall time if you skip notes (it slows down steps). It has three levels of tempo (song tempo, sequence tempo division then per step tempo division) - midisequencer just has song tempo. It has an extended programmable clip action follow on looping (borrowed from Ableton live) - so you could play one loop, wait a number of loops, fire off another sequence, transpose it, change key or loop direction etc. It also features new loop types - like forward 3 back 2 or the Cirklon's brownian motion (random but forward). etc. But everything in midiSequencer is in Quantum, just multiplied and extended a lot.

• @Kühl said:
    We should celebrate July 4 more often :)

Here in the UK we stole your black friday so no reason why not!

• It's the original Brexit.

• @midiSequencer said:

@Kühl said:
    We should celebrate July 4 more often :)

Here in the UK we stole your black friday so no reason why not!

I'm Norwegian, so don't forget May 17.

• edited July 2017

@midiSequencer Question, will this sequencer output this type of midi message as noted below??

@Ksh said:

In other words, via another app, what setting would I need to look for in another app to send this type of code to get MidiBand to listen to the start'\stop command?

You need to generate a MIDI out event in the 0xF0-0xFF range, and then teach MidiBand to listen for it on its MIDI Engine Settings page. In a usual MIDI convention, the second digit represents a channel, e.g. 0x95 event is a 9x-Note On event on channel 5. However this is not true for 0xFX events, the second digit here is an event type rather than a channel. Thus you cannot say that MIDI out event in the 0xF0-0xFF range belongs to any channel; rather it's a generic hardware button press event.

• edited July 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    @midiSequencer Question, will this sequencer output this type of midi message as noted below??

@Ksh said:

In other words, via another app, what setting would I need to look for in another app to send this type of code to get MidiBand to listen to the start'\stop command?

You need to generate a MIDI out event in the 0xF0-0xFF range, and then teach MidiBand to listen for it on its MIDI Engine Settings page. In a usual MIDI convention, the second digit represents a channel, e.g. 0x95 event is a 9x-Note On event on channel 5. However this is not true for 0xFX events, the second digit here is an event type rather than a channel. Thus you cannot say that MIDI out event in the 0xF0-0xFF range belongs to any channel; rather it's a generic hardware button press event.

You mean sysex? It starts $F0 ends $F7
    Yes it can - you can define any one of the 16 possible controllers to be a sysex then define up to 115 bytes of data.
    To transmit it just set the fader value to 1 on any step and it will transmit that controller sysex to the midi output.
    You could of course use any bytes not just the $F0..$F7, so could mimic an NRPN or RPN say, but then midiSequencer has those types already.

I think it all works - don't use it myself - CCs are good for most controls, NRPN for synth internals. etc

• Cool. Can we assume that this app will survive the 32 bit death?

I suppose this app has no Link or midi file out? Is recording the midi live to some other daw the way to integrate mS in a workflow? Do people find the sync to be reliable?

• Sold. Thanks!
    I've been wanting to trigger Midiband's start stop transport but the developer said it only worked with apps that send out that type of midi messages or even hardware synths like the Yamaha Motif sends it when pressing the transport buttons so I'm so glad and grateful!

@midiSequencer said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@Ksh said:

You mean sysex? It starts $F0 ends $F7
    Yes it can - you can define any one of the 16 possible controllers to be a sysex then define up to 115 bytes of data.
    To transmit it just set the fader value to 1 on any step and it will transmit that controller sysex to the midi output.
    You could of course use any bytes not just the $F0..$F7, so could mimic an NRPN or RPN say, but then midiSequencer has those types already.

I think it all works - don't use it myself - CCs are good for most controls, NRPN for synth internals. etc