Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Graphical AU Equalizer?

I read about Zmors Eq, but it seems it is not graphical, in the meaning that you can actually see what and how you are affecting the sound live.

Like you can see what you are doing in the FL Studio Equalizer.

Am i wrong about Zmors Eq?
Are there other live-graphical AU equalizers?

And yes, AU - not Pro Q 2 from Auria Pro ;-)

Comments

• edited July 2017

You mean an EQ that shows the live spectrum? Despite the fact I won't get it until it a "one time payment" option is added, I think Goose EQ has that.

• Ah, thanks!
    No other option?
    Sad thing, as i also don't do subscription.

• edited July 2017

Checked. FuxEQ doesn't have any either. Of course 6144 doesn't have it since its GUI is modelled after analogue hardware. Would've been nice to have such a spectral analyser, but it's either subscription (for the time being), or Pro-Q 2, Pro-Q 2 being the obvious solution (even if not perfect). It's either loosy goosy or bust. :D Lol.

• hehe.

Sad :-(

• Hey, Goose EQ developer here. I can hardly believe this reaction to subscription. We thought it would be seen as more honest and open conversation between us and the customers. If you have not read the description of revenue model in the app description, please do!

Frankly it would take about 10 years subscribed to Goose EQ to add up to Pro-Q price. That doesn't even take into account that the subscription may get cheaper.

Also I will point out that you have quite a bit of functionality with Goose EQ without paying anything. It doesn't hurt to download it for free and try it. Please do! A trial is worth a million words

• edited July 2017

Please ask questions if we have not explained ourselves well enough.

• edited July 2017

@lucas

You and your mates have explained yourselves very well, over and over. We get it already. I vouched for your EQ here, because it's the only AU EQ that has a spectral view. I'm not trying to do any "developer baiting" or any of that other nonsense, because your EQ IS VERY GOOD! I tested it without even subscribing for the free trial. It is very good, and I vouched for it. HOWEVER...

...the outright refusal to add a one-time-payment IAP option to use multiple instances (at least for the time being) is pretty rotten. The pricing of Goose EQ vs Pro-Q 2 isn't the issue. It's offering something decent and yet expecting to cram a subscription model down people's throats. A majority of us don't want that. Many of us would rather pay a one-time $39.99 for Pro-Q 2 (which is limited to Auria Pro) or seek other options than would worry about the "impending next payment". Some people would rather use the subscription as that's what's easiest for them.

Now again, I reiterate. Your EQ is very, very good. The demo speaks for itself as you very well said. The issue is not with your EQ. The issue is the ostracisation of a group of people. Sticking to "subscription only" is a form of ostracisation, whether a person has a developmental disorder, or is simply too overloaded to keep track of another timed expense. Isn't it better to be inclusive of everybody rather than ostracising a group of people?

• apeFilter will do the job. I find it a bit fiddly myself but it's AU, there's an analyzer with 'pre' and 'post' views and it lets you add a crazy number of eq bands. Perhaps not the simplest solution, but it's very capable (personally, I tend to leave it be and use Pro Q2). There may well be others of course, he disclaimed...

• @tomato_juice said:
    apeFilter will do the job. I find it a bit fiddly myself but it's AU, there's an analyzer with 'pre' and 'post' views and it lets you add a crazy number of eq bands. Perhaps not the simplest solution, but it's very capable (personally, I tend to leave it be and use Pro Q2). There may well be others of course, he disclaimed...

I'll admit it. I'm a numpty. I completely forgot about apeFilter. My bad. :D

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@tomato_juice said:
    apeFilter will do the job. I find it a bit fiddly myself but it's AU, there's an analyzer with 'pre' and 'post' views and it lets you add a crazy number of eq bands. Perhaps not the simplest solution, but it's very capable (personally, I tend to leave it be and use Pro Q2). There may well be others of course, he disclaimed...

Ah, it's what forums are for. There is no 'I' in 'hive mind' etc.

• @tomato_juice said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@tomato_juice said:

Ah, it's what forums are for. There is no 'I' in 'hive mind' etc.

Lol. Yes there is. Two of them in fact. ;)

• @lucas said:
    Hey, Goose EQ developer here. I can hardly believe this reaction to subscription. We thought it would be seen as more honest and open conversation between us and the customers. If you have not read the description of revenue model in the app description, please do!

Frankly it would take about 10 years subscribed to Goose EQ to add up to Pro-Q price. That doesn't even take into account that the subscription may get cheaper.

Also I will point out that you have quite a bit of functionality with Goose EQ without paying anything. It doesn't hurt to download it for free and try it. Please do! A trial is worth a million words

The point is that your new iOS customer base is use to a certain standard of pricing, functionality etc and it's not just your subscription app that has come under fire...

IOS music Apps are not magazines lol

There should be one time payment that is in live with what other developers are charging..

It's only an EQ app..there are others and actually the visual EQ in garage band is pretty sweet

However.. If you are convinced you can offer a higher standard then please apply it to a universal mastering app for iOS then you will see a big sales boost :)

• @lucas The cost themselves aren't what's keeping me back. The main reason why I don't use subscription apps is, that at one point I will lose the overview over the costs.

Imagine some apps will charge monthly, other once a year, and others every six month and I'm using dozen of apps...

I'm also searching for a nice AU EQ but not in a form of subscription. But the good thing is that there are enough devs out there - it's just a matter of time and I will get my EQ.

• tjatja
    edited July 2017

lucas, now we fight again ;-)

To repeat that, i like optional subscription models - as for n-Track 8 - but there should always also be a one-time purchase option!

And look:

apefilter is 6,99 Euro - onetime - from a company i know and trust and that offers great software.

I'm just now buying it ;-)
    Because i know, i can use it still in 5 or 10 years, if the company still exists

I will test Goose in comparision

• @lucas - www.goosesoft.com is down for me.

• I love it ;-)

It also acts as standalone and allows to view audio files!

And even comes with examples!

Perfect ;-)

• @nrgb goosesoft.com works. I didn't even realize www. made a difference, gonna look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

• @jwmmakerofmusic Thank you so much for the endorsement. I am glad you liked it. We are still in spread the word mode so may repeat ourselves sometimes, and are still working on explaining ourselves.

• Just offer a buy-option, that's all what is needed.

And as i learned now by apefilter, the option to run as standalone and work on audio files is great!

• edited July 2017

[comment deleted]

• What is the price for subscription by the way? Yearly subscription doesn't seem too bad for a pro quality tool. Lots of other software makers bring out a new version that you've got to pay for every year.

• edited July 2017

$3.49USD per year

• @lucas said:
    $3.49 per year

Cheers.

Sounds pretty good to me! I don't have an immediate need for this in my current project, but I may well take the trial and see if it suits my needs, next time I need an AU EQ (that's a bit more in depth than AUM's built in nodes).

• Goose eq - I will have to keep an eye on this. Happy enough with zmors, but if this proves to be the best au eq then I might be tempted.
    As others have said though, I don't understand why there is only one option - subscription. If all apps were subscription based, I would hate to have to keep up with what needs renewing, especially if I have lots of songs or projects that use that app.

• as of right now I think subscribing to an EQ is just flat out ridiculous. I’m not normally that harsh. But there it is.

• I dislike public bashing over economics. You either want to pay what the dev asks or you don't. It's worth it or not. If it doesn't work for enough people, the model either has to change, or the app dies. But there are always such hard reactions. We're still talking mice nuts for costs.

• edited July 2017

@tja said:
    I read about Zmors Eq, but it seems it is not graphical, in the meaning that you can actually see what and how you are affecting the sound live.

Like you can see what you are doing in the FL Studio Equalizer.

Am i wrong about Zmors Eq?
    Are there other live-graphical AU equalizers?

And yes, AU - not Pro Q 2 from Auria Pro ;-)

Hey @tja
    I hope this is not a repeat, I didn't want to read the never ending discussion about pricing in the thread above.

Well, AUX: PeakQ has parametric equalizer, not huge graphic area but could do the job.
    iMusicAlbum Master FX has a very good work area and is of course very good product, Master function if you like. I don't have to mention that with AUFX stuff, everyone knows it's superb.

I use Auria a lot, but it can be tricky to use FF ProQ, bcoz I'm always fiddleing little more then I need, big temptation. I have Classic Pro also (I in fact collect eq and reverb apps so I have them all -1 not yet purchased) and sometimes easier to simply smack that on.

• edited July 2017

@lucas said:
    Please ask questions if we have not explained ourselves well enough.

Warning: Long post ahead and can make you go sleepy! >:)

Hey Lucas, I wanted to say something. It's more of a observation than opinion or advice. I have not read all the posts above, but this is not the first time I see this discussion. I would like to begin by saying that I understand your thinking and I agree with your arguments per se. What you are dealing with here is a mental thing. I believe (and it is for me) it is sometimes easier to make a purchase and forget about the money side of it, even if the amount is tiny (not the real issue). With subscription you are constantly reminded of business part and evaluation if you need the app at all or not. Creates quilty feeling if you have not used and you are reminded of it. I would rather just get it over with or not buy at all. I discussed this in another thread and explained that the outcome is the same as you would sell v. 1 and publish v.2 after one year. If the business does not carry more work, v2 will never see the light of day. Same with your subscription, it will remain free if you stop developing. I think deep inside everyone understands this. But there are few caveats with this and it's not based on pulling out MS Excel on this and calculate what's financially feasible. It's a feeling. Many have been burned by big companies with subscription-model and are by design against it. The constant reminder thing and it is my believe that it is more difficult to do this with cheap, one-service app, than a larger one with list of functions included (still very difficult). There are plenty of eq apps and many by to have them all, I am one, but not by this method. By making it subscription, it becomes a decision instead of being "no problem one cup of coffee thing and it will not bother you again" feeling. I have personally watched another app which was for many very important, go down the drain when subscription was introduced. Informant 5, read the discussion. Obviously they did in a very questionable way, but still the arguments were the same.
    In the future, I would like to see arrangement between provider and customer that could make it possible to move the cash flow earlier to developers. That could be done e.g. If Apple would have delivery rules, milestones or something, which is needed anyway (maybe withholding part of payment 2 so developers would know number of staying customers or something) Too many developers make version 1 and quickly rush several versions up to make it to... what, 1.7 and then abandon the product. In the description was a promise to do many things and people make decisions to buy based on that. Then they kill the app. Money lost and worse, app goes sour and perhaps workflow as well. Some guarantee that payment and delivery goes hand in hand. New buyers would then have trust in the future and willing not only to buy but more importantly put into workflow and make IAP. Something like that could be beneficial. No model is perfect and I just discovered that developer of app I bought had a limited upgrade time on his product. I had never even used it and when I was going to try it, upgrade already available but offer ran out months ago and was only few weeks anyway). I was in no position at the time to discover this. Now my purchase is defacto outdated. Not serviced any more and new buy full price (I have left to see if he wants to solve this). Not expensive app, but still $30 and in this case subscription would have been great. So the situation is sometimes the other way around.
    But for now, subscription on iOS app is uphill.

I understand your struggle but have no solution unfortunately, but good fortune to you and keep on coding.

• AUFX:PeakQ is, beside the irritating name, not an AU App ;-)

• tjatja
    edited July 2017

About subscriptions:

I've got over 400 Apps on my iPad, for many I payed.
    Pay once and forget ;-)

If I would only pay 1 Euro for each of them as a subscription, that would be over 400 Euro per year!

And this now for 7 or 8 years in sum, much more to come.

And now calculate for 3,50 Euro per App and year!

Sureeeeeeely noooooooo ;-)