Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneStack vs ToneStack Go

Can anybody explain to be the difference between ToneStack and ToneStack Go?

I can only assume that ToneStack Go together with the Starter Bundle for 5,49 Euro will be the same as ToneStack that costs 5,49 Euro.

But.

The intelligent developer missed to explain that and also missed to explain what's part of that Starter Bundle.

I really hate such behavior, burning the work and the time to invest not only of one potential customer, but all of them!

Very bad behavior, do your homework and writeup proper descriptions and explanations!

Also, an IAP of over 100 Euro??? WTF?

Comments

• ToneStack Go is the free version to try. Buying the IAP will make it the same as the regular ToneStack. Personally, I tried ToneStack Go then bought the regular rather than upgrading the free. For the IAPs you get a lot and there are sometimes very good sales on them.

• edited June 2017

Also by buying the regular and getting the free one (instead of upgrading the free) you can have both in AB.

• Hehe, good trick, thank you.

Just wanted to beat the developer :-D

• I think the app and the IAPs are currently on sale at half off. I can't tell about the IAPS as I have them all already.

• I went with Tonestack Go plus IAPs as you get the same app without the initial Tonestack app charge then I think.

Even with the sale it was pricey but running drum channels and synth lines through the endless combinations has been stellar.

• Is there Yonac dev representation on the forum? I would like to let them know how confusing this is for customers in forking the product like this. I am also concerned that one branch might get dropped down the road and then what happens to the IAPs? Great app (I think I have all the Yonac apps) but this is a poor product management decision in my opinion.

• @gusgranite said:
    Is there Yonac dev representation on the forum? I would like to let them know how confusing this is for customers in forking the product like this. I am also concerned that one branch might get dropped down the road and then what happens to the IAPs? Great app (I think I have all the Yonac apps) but this is a poor product management decision in my opinion.

Yeah, not something we would do again. Sorry there's confusion, but they are the same thing. One is free to try out. Don't worry, they will always both be supported equally.

• There is no problem per se in having two Apps, as you did!

What you don't seem to get is, that you need to explain it!
    Every 6 year old could do that.

One sentence is already enough, as numerous other developers do!

But you don't waste time for this sentence in App's description!
    And this is the problem.

What's so hard in saying something like this:

"ToneStack Go is the same as ToneStack and comes with the following free effects:...
    If you buy the Starter Bundle, this gives you the following effects as with the ToneStack App:..."

OK, that's 2 sentences.

But then, your potential customers would not be confused.
    Simple, or?

• @Jessie said:
    Yeah, not something we would do again. Sorry there's confusion, but they are the same thing. One is free to try out. Don't worry, they will always both be supported equally.

@Jessie, In fact, they are NOT the same thing... and there is something that is VERY ANNOYING imho : I made the big mistake to upgrade from the GO version while a friend of mine with who I often make music have bought the regular version. We are used to use Audiobus to save our configuration and we can't exchange presets as Tonestack GO is NOT recognised as "regular" Tonestack ; they are two differents apps... I would really like to almost have the possibility to change my Tonestack GO + Motherload 3 into a "regular" Tonestack + Motherload 3 too, but there is no way to do that. :(
    As I've bought it a long time ago with Motherload 1, then upgraded to Motherload 2 and later to 3, I just can't ask for a refund in order to buy the "regular" app, but Îd be very happy to be able to do that !
    Would it be possible for you to "cancel" my purchase of the full GO version and exchange it with a "promotion code" that would allow me to install the "regular" full version ?
    I really like your app which is my goto app everytime I take my guitar, and I use it everyday ;).