Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - caustic Volca sample editor

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• I can really recommend Vosyr if you're willing to consider using a laptop. I used to use Caustic but after getting spoiled with the convenience of Vosyr there's no way I would go back to fiddling with the Caustic app (or Korg's own app) again.

https://www.frederikson-labs.com

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@brambos said:
    I can really recommend Vosyr if you're willing to consider using a laptop. I used to use Caustic but after getting spoiled with the convenience of Vosyr there's no way I would go back to fiddling with the Caustic app (or Korg's own app) again.

Yeah I've used Vosyr and like it (and agree its less fiddly), but don't like having to include pc in my setup :smile: what i'd absolutely love is vosyr for ios, but that doesn't look like its coming.

(Btw Volca sample + krft = much fun).

Volca sample + krft = much fun. Any video examples of this?

• I'm working on an iOS version.
    No ETA, but hopefully in time for iOS 11.

• @mannix said:

@d4d0ug said:

@brambos said:
    I can really recommend Vosyr if you're willing to consider using a laptop. I used to use Caustic but after getting spoiled with the convenience of Vosyr there's no way I would go back to fiddling with the Caustic app (or Korg's own app) again.

Yeah I've used Vosyr and like it (and agree its less fiddly), but don't like having to include pc in my setup :smile: what i'd absolutely love is vosyr for ios, but that doesn't look like its coming.

i just bought a volca sample. how are you using it in conjunction with krft? ( how is it hooked up). I'm still learning, but so far it's a lot of fun.

• edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@mannix said:

@d4d0ug said:

@brambos said:

Might try and do one this week (a video)

That would be great! :)

• @d4d0ug said:

@eross said:

@mannix said:

@d4d0ug said:

@brambos said:

i just bought a volca sample. how are you using it in conjunction with krft? ( how is it hooked up). I'm still learning, but so far it's a lot of fun.

I have a roland duo-capture ex interface (does audio and midi) - this is connected to my ipad using a usb adaptor (camera kit dongle thing).

From the the roland I have a midi cable going into the volca sample.

On krft I create a surface and create a 'midi' sequence diamond? thing. In here I select the output to be the roland on one of the channels (volca sample each sample is on a different midi channel).

Create a sequence, save it and trigger it.

Then the fun bit.... you can modulate the sample using midi cc's either with dial krft objects of the triangle ones (sorry don't knoe the right terminology). Change pitch, decay whatever....

I'll try and do a video which would make this clearer.

The only limitation is that krft doesn't send midi clock - but i use link to midi app for this.

Works nice with the volca bass too :wink:

Oh and then route the sample's audio back into AUM or AB3 (via the roland) and apply AU effects and craziness.

yeah i'd love to see a video. a bit confused on your audio from the volca back into the ipad. do you have a 1/8" splitter, that splits the stereo signal out of the volca, into two separate chanel's on the roland interface? i tried sending mine out and into my computer via 1/4" input track but it is just a mono signal that way. i'm excited to try this out

• Bumping this one because I went to load my Caustic Volca Sample Editor and then realized for the first time that it hadn't made the jump to 64-bit. That leaves me us with no convenient way to get samples onto the Volca using a mobile device. (I do still have an old iPad2 loaded with either iOS8 or iOS9, so maybe I could use that).

The one silver lining is that encountering this problem led me to discover Vosyr for desktop, which I haven't tried yet, but looks really awesome.

@nrgb - Are you the developer of Vosyr? Is an iOS app still in the works?

• edited November 2017

@StormJH1 said:

Nope, not me.
    I'm still working on something, but it has been rolled into a bigger project. No ETA.

• @nrgb said:

@StormJH1 said:

Nope, not me.
    I'm still working on something, but it has been rolled into a bigger project. No ETA.

Scope creep! Good luck with it.

@StormJH1 Does the original Korg app not work on iOS 11?

@brambos +1 for Vosyr. I really dig it but one thing the Caustic editor has that I long for in Vosyr is the ability to do basic sample editing within the app. Trimming, volume, etc. Just used it yesterday for this. Recorded a minijam into audioshare, opened the file in caustic editor, trimmed bits out, send to Volca. Other than the Vosry grid, the only thing I was missing was the ability to alter the pitch to either set a tone to something near C or to sneak longer samples in.