Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which App to hear music with?

tjatja
edited June 2017 in App Tips and Tricks

So far, I used the Apple Music App to hear music.
But I hate the way it shows my music - I want a better overview and more ways to sort and select things.

And I miss more technical information about the files - bit rate, compression and such things.

But then, I also hate that Apple does not allow for folders :-(((((

Any recommendation?

Comments

• edited June 2017

If you want to play your own music collection, streamed from a PC, Mac or NAS drive, then you can't get better than MusicStreamer from Stratospheriix. This will stream to your iPad, or via Air Play enabled receivers.

• AudioShare!

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    AudioShare!

Is there some hidden way to access the iPad's music?
    Cannot see or find anything :-O

• @Zen210507 said:
    If you want to play your own music collection, streamed from a PC, Mac or NAS drive, then you can't get better than MusicStreamer from Stratospheriix. This will stream to your iPad, or via Air Play enabled receivers.

I did not stream so far, can the App also access the "normal" iPad Music?

• @tja said:
    I did not stream so far, can the App also access the "normal" iPad Music?

>

You can scan for multiple sources. Also, it is possible to download music direct to your iPad.

• But what I uploaded into the iPad for the normal Music App from Apple, can this be accessed?

Sorry, was unclear to me :-O

• @tja said:
    But what I uploaded into the iPad for the normal Music App from Apple, can this be accessed?

Here's the link for the app. I'm sure the developers will be able to answer all questions.

[MusicStreamer by Stratospherix Ltd https://appsto.re/gb/YJ-z6.i]

• edited June 2017

Might look at dj Pro

• If it's just to play music, I really like leech tunes.

• @tja said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    AudioShare!

Is there some hidden way to access the iPad's music?
    Cannot see or find anything :-O

Next time you upload music just drag and drop into AudioShare app folder. From there you can make directories to your hearts content and with the update play directories.

I also use Documents by Readle because AudioShare did not previously have this functionality.

I hate ITunes and Appl Music. I won't go back to Android but I hate Apple Music so much... just obnoxiously ugly and dysfunctional.

• Hehe, yes,
    And I don't use iTunes but some other upload program - I will check if it can access such a folder. Cannot remember