Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can't send midi to Waldorf Nave or Attack

I want to send midi from Fugue Machine to Nave, but they don't appear on the output list. Why?
They do appear on the input side, so I could send midi from them. But not to them. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• edited June 2017

@Nextom said:
    I want to send midi from Fugue Machine to Nave, but they don't appear on the output list. Why?
    They do appear on the input side, so I could send midi from them. But not to them. What am I doing wrong?

Not everything is AB3 ready, (for AB3 midi in) but you may find they can receive midi directly from Fugue Machine via core midi. The apps (Nave, Attack) will still work as sound sources on the audio side of Audiobus...just leave the midi side empty...

EDIT: Fugue machine drives Nave via core midi, confirmed.

• You can also use the very useful MidiFlow Adapter to allow AB3 to recognize Waldorf as an input device.

• Thanks for that! I didn't know about MidiflowAdapter, but it really helps! What a great tool, can't live without it since.

• Better would be to update Nave after 2 years :-(
    Seems abadonned

• @tja said:
    Better would be to update Nave after 2 years :-(
    Seems abadonned

Suspect so, but hope not. Am somewhat imaging (maybe kidding myself) that 'name brands' won't want to abandon things for the continuing poor publicity it will surely engender...

• tjatja
    edited June 2017