Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox exported loop "click" workaround

So there's an issue with exporting audio from Groovebox that a lot of users here have encountered where exported loops start with a very audible "click" noise. I just wanted to share a stupid simple workaround I discovered last night. For reference, I exported from Groovebox to Blocs Wave.

When I was ready to export a loop from Groovebox, I doubled the length of the loop (which automatically doubles the pattern) and then I imported into Blocs, where I cut the loop in half starting in the middle of the loop. And bingo - my original Groovebox loop with no audible clicks. Pretty easy workaround while we're waiting for an update.

Comments

• @pink_sky said:
    So there's an issue with exporting audio from Groovebox that a lot of users here have encountered where exported loops start with a very audible "click" noise. I just wanted to share a stupid simple workaround I discovered last night. For reference, I exported from Groovebox to Blocs Wave.

When I was ready to export a loop from Groovebox, I doubled the length of the loop (which automatically doubles the pattern) and then I imported into Blocs, where I cut the loop in half starting in the middle of the loop. And bingo - my original Groovebox loop with no audible clicks. Pretty easy workaround while we're waiting for an update.

Nice...top tip

• @pink_sky said:

... or just sync up Groovemaker to BlocsWaves via Ableton Link (or Loopy, or AUM, or another app via LINK) and hit record. Done.

• Weird I've never heard the sound issues yet.

• Ok, I thought I was hearing a distinct pop at the top of my exported loop. Thanks, this confirms it.

• @Halftone said:

@pink_sky said:

... or just sync up Groovemaker to BlocsWaves via Ableton Link (or Loopy, or AUM, or another app via LINK) and hit record. Done.

I see your point, but I think it comes down to workflow preference. I do a lot of sketching ideas on my phone and transfer them to iPad. I also like using blocs as a compositional tool to chop up loops I've made in other apps and figure out which loops to group into a song section. Exporting just fits better into my workflow, I know others have mentioned the issue and I'm sure they have their reasons for exporting.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Weird I've never heard the sound issues yet.

How are you exporting? I basically mute all instruments but one in Groovebox, then export the mix. Melodic loops always start with a click, but I don't have any issue with drum/percussion loops.

• Have never managed to get bw to record a perfect loop. Must be user error

• I export mix as wav all instruments for now.

@pink_sky said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Weird I've never heard the sound issues yet.

How are you exporting? I basically mute all instruments but one in Groovebox, then export the mix. Melodic loops always start with a click, but I don't have any issue with drum/percussion loops.

• I export the project files to.a zip and save it in AudioShare.

• I don't remember having a problem when I exported it as project files in a zip

• The tip works in AudioShare as well. Just select snap and delete 1/2 the beats.

Though AS reports that I have 31.9999 beats to start with rather than 32.

• A bug fix update is out. Can't test it was it fixed?

• @db909 said:
    A bug fix update is out. Can't test it was it fixed?

This update wasn't meant to fix the click. They are still looking into it (I emailed them, got a very quick response too)