Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DM2 Update: AudioBus and MIDI

As subject...

Comments

• edited June 2017

Tried midilearn from KRFT using AB3 and also Cubasis hosting Dm2 but still no luck. Not sure if I am missing something or it just still doesn't work.

Not getting notes either...

• edited June 2017

I've been using DM2 in Cubasis as a generator and then assigning from my minilab to any control just so I can see the cc number and then drawing cc changes from inside Cubasis. It works! And it sounds great having Dm2's sounds change and modulate. This may not be the easiest way to control DM2's parameters but nevertheless it's working and super fun. If you find an easier way please let me know.

• @Morgman73 said:
    I've been using DM2 in Cubasis as a generator and then assigning from my minilab to any control just so I can see the cc number and then drawing cc changes from inside Cubasis. It works! And it sounds great having Dm2's sounds change and modulate. This may not be the easiest way to control DM2's parameters but nevertheless it's working and super fun. If you find an easier way please let me know.

Seems like it only learns via core midi and not virtual midi at the moment.

• Ya. So sending cc data from Cubasis seems the only way at the moment. I'm cool with that. I really like having the ability to modulate DM2. Sounds really cool.

• @Morgman73 said:
    Ya. So sending cc data from Cubasis seems the only way at the moment. I'm cool with that. I really like having the ability to modulate DM2. Sounds really cool.

But it only learns with hardware initially, right?

• Seems that way? I was initially pretty frustrated but I also have this little midi utility app called knob lab and I can assign cc's from that also. So from inside my air2. It's a workaround but it's worth it.

• @Morgman73 said:
    Seems that way? I was initially pretty frustrated but I also have this little midi utility app called knob lab and I can assign cc's from that also. So from inside my air2. It's a workaround but it's worth it.

Cool, think i will try bluetooth midi just for kicks.

• Not tried it properly yet but still wasn't starting too well for me in AB3.
    If core midi is working only then could still use AB3 with midiflow adapter.

• @AudioGus I'm gonna give it a try with KRFT tonight and I'll report my finding to you. I'm interested in this also.

• edited June 2017

@Carnbot said:
    Not tried it properly yet but still wasn't starting too well for me in AB3.

Was thinking that might work but I have yet to pick up that filter as I don't have much use for it. Mostly looking foward to using DM2 with KRFT.

• @AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

Was thinking that might work but I have yet to pick up that filter as I don't have much use for it. Mostly looking foward to using DM2 with KRFT.

It's worth getting for these situations :) Have been building a KRFT setup today and was going to add a patterning section using midiflow adapter.

• Troublemaker ab3 and dm2 in the midi slot in ab3 worked but only after launching dm2 first and also enabling iaa (which doesnt make sense to me) but it worked as expected then. Dm2 sounds great so its worth the fiddling. Cant wait to try a bit of automation in cubasis. Tx @Morgman73

• edited June 2017

@Carnbot said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

It's worth getting for these situations :) Have been building a KRFT setup today and was going to add a patterning section using midiflow adapter.

I got KRFT to DM2 working ipad to ipad over core midi using interfaces. Working great and this way I do not have to switch apps. This is going to be awesome. Always loved how dm2 sounded with fingers on it.

• @AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

I got KRFT to DM2 working ipad to ipad over core midi using interfaces. Working great and this way I do not have to switch apps. Thos is going to be awesome. Always loved how dm2 sounding with fingers on it.

Hmmm, correction: KRFT to DM2 over core midi is working great for CCs but not for notes...

• edited June 2017

HMmmmm part2: can't seem to assign ccs to seperate sounds. Ie. bass drum seperate from snare etc.

• Well, that was a pleasant distraction for a few minutes. Back to Shoom into CSspectral :smiley:

• Shoom and CSspectral? That sounds fun. I'm gonna try that tonight. I love Shoom.