Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MODSTEP Tutorial. MultiOut Ruismaker Drumrack built with AUM,Ab3 and Midiflow Scales. PRESETS INSIDE

Hey guys. thought i'd share a video to show how this is done. mind you its not my best work
since i actually recorded it as i was experimenting myself.

End result is an 8-out Ruismaker drumrack triggered by a single Clip inside modstep.

You can effect each layer separately (Pan,volume,reverb,distortion,etc) and also apply processing to the entire rack in the Drum bus. You can also load presets per layer to smash your own or the presets that came with Ruismaker to make new drumkits in seconds.

You can see the entire video of me building it here:-

For those that find the video too confusing do not worry. i come bearing AB3 Presets!
There are 2 versions here.

1) Modstep with Ab3 midi:- Audiobus preset 'Ruismaker Multi Drumrack AB3': http://preset.audiob.us/t9KOCWqmkrAM3Yr

2) Modstep using Mf Adapter:- Audiobus preset 'Ruismaker Multi Drumrack MF Adapter': http://preset.audiob.us/gdn3f5YTphVt4sf

Please make sure that your Ruismaker is set to the default Black notes only setting. If you changed it to use GM mapping you will have to change it back to the default.

The Ab3 version is pretty plug and play. Just make sure track 1 is set to drumkit mode in modstep.
For the MF adapter version you also need to set track 1's midi out to Mf adapter port 1.

Have fun with your new Multi-out Ruismaker!
Much Love to @brambos for making such an excellent drum AUx. 8 instances and it barely crosses 25% on an Air2. Also mucho respect to @JohannesD for making the excellent midiflow filters and adapter that I abuse a ton in here :)
can't wait to use this rack on my 12.9 pro2 when i get it :D

Comments

• Look great, thanks @gonekrazy3000 Will check this out later on :)

• Awesomundo! Going to try this! Great work B)

• @brambos said:
    Awesomundo! Going to try this! Great work B)

I have a feeling these kind of setups will become much easier soonish and no need for AUM or AudioBus ;)

• @Samu said:

@brambos said:

I have a feeling these kind of setups will become much easier soonish and no need for AUM or AudioBus ;)

BM3 is going to be awesome with AU instruments, no doubt. I've not felt a more solid, robust and flexible AU sequencer implementation on iOS.

• Well that's just awesome

• @brambos said:

@Samu said:

@brambos said:

BM3 is going to be awesome with AU instruments, no doubt. I've not felt a more solid, robust and flexible AU sequencer implementation on iOS.

I just hope I can do things like feedback loop midi etc in Bm3. Specially with audiobus3 filters etc.

• @brambos said:

@Samu said:

@brambos said:

Can't wait!

• Watching the video and wondering, WHY would I ever do such a tedious setup. Then I realized, oh, this madman has done it for me. Fantastic. Thank you.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Watching the video and wondering, WHY would I ever do such a tedious setup. Then I realized, oh, this madman has done it for me. Fantastic. Thank you.

Only reason I uploaded the video was to show how it was done lol. Basically to show off Aums semitone adjustment and also midiflow scales being used as a filter. You can use this technique for other expermients too :)

• Love this! Your modstep tutorials and knowledge are very much appreciated.

• tjatja
    edited June 2017

With number 1) I get "port unavailable" on all modstep instances in AudioBus :-(

Anything I need to prepare or start before the preset?!?

And you say something about the AB version, but both are AB versions :-O

I am just not yet ready for AB and AUM :-D

• edited June 2017

@gonekrazy3000
    Now I understand the "krazy" in your nick :*

• @tja said:
    With number 1) I get "port unavailable" on all modstep instances in AudioBus :-(

Anything I need to prepare or start before the preset?!?

And you say something about the AB version, but both are AB versions :-O

I am just not yet ready for AB and AUM :-D

The modstep update is still pending, hopefully this week. But it's currently not working with AB3 in the release version.

• Ahhhh.

Did not get this :blush:

Thanks!

• edited June 2017

@tja said:
    Ahhhh.

Did not get this :blush:

Thanks!

You can do this using mf adapter if you own it. At least until the modstep update comes out. We found a minor bug in the ab3 midi implementation so the release got delayed a bit. Just load the preset provided here. It will do most of the connections. In modstep you just have to set track 1 to output to "mf adapter port 1"

• @gonekrazy3000 Dude this is so useful. I was searching for vids on Modstep + AUM, saw your vid, and I thought “that’s clever but not exactly what I need”. Carried on, got Modstep + AUM talking, and then I realised, “I know exactly what I need now” :blush:
    Works as expected. Install was a breeze. You rock. Happy Christmas!
    Much Love to AB3 2 👊🏼

• @scienceresearch you're welcome! glad it still works :) been a while since i've used the template myself since i've basically moved on to ableton being my main sequencer hub with IOS only as my sound source.