Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ripplemaker: MIDI CC and AU Parameters?

Has anyone been able to play with MIDI CC in @brambos Ripplemaker using a MIDI controller? Still a bit confused as to the whole thing. It does make sense that the app wouldn’t do MIDI learn and it’s true that CC is quite limited in resolution. But it’s still what a lot of hardware sends.
Tried the obvious thing, sending diverse CC to the app hoping to hear some difference in the sound (especially, using CC#7 to modulate gain). But can’t find a patch which makes that modulation obvious in the sound. Tried other CC numbers, and haven’t found anything which has any impact. Using classic MIDIflow from @JohannesD to take my breath control (CC#2) and send it as volume (CC#7) or anything else. Maybe that’s the issue? Ripplemaker doesn’t get that modified CC?

As for AU Parameters, they do sound pretty neat but it’s rather unclear how they can be sent from within AB3.

Comments

• That's strange, but since this is MIDI we're talking about it could be due to a dozen different things. It should work... I actually used MIDI CC (from an old LPD8) to control modulations for recording my demo sounds. But it wasn't hosted in AB3.

Does it work when run standalone, outside of AB3? You should see the knobs wiggle on the screen if it's receiving the CCs correctly...

• I think Ab3 itself doesn't send midi cc over the ab3 midi ports. since even modstep is unable to do so.

• Midi ccs should work over AB3. Good apps to test with are STep poly arp, KRFT, midiLFOs . I don't have RM yet to test though.

• @Carnbot said:
    Midi ccs should work over AB3.

That's what I would expect, I see no reason why AB3 would filter out MIDI CC messages.

• Found it. Silly me. MIDIflow was sending its modified MIDI CC to another app. So it wasn’t working at all, even in standalone.
    Now it does work, even in AB as AU, using the MIDIflow Adapter to adapt MIDIflow classic. Honestly, it’s really fun to play a bass or lead synth using breath control to modulate cutoff frequency. It’s among the simple joys in life.
    Again, it’s understood that the app wouldn’t do MIDI learn. But it’d still be neat to have an easier to assign CC.

• @Carnbot said:
    Midi ccs should work over AB3. Good apps to test with are STep poly arp, KRFT, midiLFOs . I don't have RM yet to test though.

btw. does step poly arp works as a midi filter when you send midi over modstep lanes ? for me step poly arp acts as if its not recieving midi at all. it works fine standalone outside ab3.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:
    Midi ccs should work over AB3. Good apps to test with are STep poly arp, KRFT, midiLFOs . I don't have RM yet to test though.

btw. does step poly arp works as a midi filter when you send midi over modstep lanes ? for me step poly arp acts as if its not recieving midi at all. it works fine standalone outside ab3.

Yes working ok here .

• Glad it's solved!

• @Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

Yes working ok here .

not sure how to fix it. its ignoring midi from my hardware keyboard as well on ab3 lanes. only works with midiflow keyboard. any ideas ?

• edited June 2017

@gonekrazy3000 I think it sometimes needs an eject and restart to work. Have you tried loading a different preset in SPA?

• edited June 2017

@Carnbot said:
    @gonekrazy3000 I think it sometimes needs an eject and restart to work. Have you tried loading a different preset in SPA?

wierdly enough it works with my launchpad pro and my kboards now. But if I put midiflow scales after my kboard it again stops listening. So seems to only work with direct inputs. still not working with modstep. I might try a reinstall. Just wanna backup my user presets first.