Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App-Specific Threads?

Here’s an idea: what if we had specific threads for each app, existing or upcoming? Any discussion of said app would fit in that thread, whether it’s about demos, discounts, feature requests, expectations, novel uses, comparisons with other apps, or simple notes of appreciation.
Wouldn’t fit my enjoyment of the forum but maybe some others want this? If so, @Sebastian and the gang could have an easier time with it. Still, my prediction would be that the forum would lose its charm. But that’s just me and past interactions have revealed me as the odd person out.

One Thread Per App
  1. Do we need a clear structure in which each app only gets one thread?23 votes
    1. Nope.
      43.48%
    2. Nah.
      30.43%
    3. Not really.
      13.04%
    4. Maybe?
        4.35%
    5. Sure, why not?
        0.00%
    6. Yes, please!
        8.70%

Comments

• Impractical and unnecessary. Blech.

• Nah, the existing chaos has a form and particular charm, all of its own.

• Hell no. I don't want this to turn into KVR.

• It's the 'cross app discussions' here that are a part of the charm :)
    The risk of having 'app specific' threads could easily turn 'app bashing mayhem' and we don't want that right?

• @db909 said:
    Hell no. I don't want this to turn into KVR.

Why not?

• App specific threads could be huge and unreadable after some time . Maybe sections ,but that would require a major AB forum update .

• @Korakios said:

@db909 said:

Why not?

Because there's so many sub forums there and I don't like that. This forum is fine the way it is.

• @db909 said:

@Korakios said:

@db909 said:

Why not?

Because there's so many sub forums there and I don't like that. This forum is fine the way it is.

I think it was inevitable. As for AB forum a simple option to search on titles only would be helpful

• Titles only search would be great yes

• @MonzoPro said:
    Nah, the existing chaos has a form and particular charm, all of its own.

Exactly. Most every thread OP'er titles each thread with a reference to which app their referencing anyway so I think the current format is fine.

I like how there's individual forum thread topics in case you just want to just read posts on community songs & recording techniques, etc. But I love a category that shows ALL posts made too. We have both, leave it be.