Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tera Synth played from midiSTEPs.... does not seem to work :-(

Playing around with midiSTEPs, it occurred to me that Tera Synth just does not seem to work with it, being triggered from midiSTEPs.

I tried other Synth and did not see similar problem.

Anybody has this combination and could give a hint how to get this working?

Yes, I also tried with AudioBus, but this did not work too and I wanted to reduce the components while trying to find a way...

Comments

• tjatja
    edited June 2017

So, Background Audio is ON in both, I tried Channel 1, 2 and OMNI.
    No sound from Tera so far :-(

Yes, it plays when on itself....

I restarted everything, make a Session Clean in AudioBus and even rebooted the device

• This forum seems to upload images in some arbitrary order :-(
    Next strange thing....

• I don't have any of these apps , but could try helping... does Tera Synth has an option to select Midi Device/Port or only midi channel?

• Just use midiSTEPs own output port. And set terasynth to receive on that channel.
    Working fine here.

• tjatja
    edited June 2017

Yes, to both of you: MidiSTEPs creates a midiSTEPs Out Channel...
    But in Tera, I can only choose the Channel Number, not a name or device or such.
    My picture shows this...

Maybe I misconfigured some other part within midiSTEPs?!?
    Going to reinstall the App to make sure.

• Arghhhhh :neutral:

I cannot currently reinstall :blush:

It seems, Apple did not get the last money and now I cannot download from the App Store again :-(

Will try to fix that tomorrow ...
    Thanks for the hint about the "midiSTEPs Out" - maybe this will fix the issue.

But anyway, Tera Synth seems to be more difficult in this regard compared to other Synths

• @tja
    @gonekrazy3000 said you should select midisteps out port , in midisteps app , no need to reinstall .

• Tooooo late :-))))

• i literally meant just choose the channel. eg:- 1-16. Tera Synth listens to all ports. so the only way to make it not listen to midi meant for other synths is to put it to a much higher channel number. personally i use channel 12. so in midisteps i also set it to channel 12.

• I will try this tomorrow, when I hopefully can reinstall :-D
    Will try Channel 12 on both "Tera Synth" and "midiSTEPs Out"!

• I could reinstall midiSTEPs and now it works with Tera Synth, over "midiSTEPs Out" on Channel 1

Thanks a bunch!!!