Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Search App upside the list in next Audiobus update?

Because Apps compatible are too much and when I search an app with 'W' I must go down for an hour :)

Comments

• edited September 2013

I totally agree. Actually, a few changes to this list might be in order. Some ideas;

• Make it taller to show more apps at once, or perhaps scale depending on how many items are in the list.
    • Search box, as brought out already
    • More advanced scrolling. Scrolling in the center of the app list works normally, but scrolling on the right side acts as a fast scrollbar. You can even put the alphabet in the right side like a jumplist so you can move through the list much more quickly.
    • Ability to sort. Most recent at the top would be brilliant, because for me, when I'm working on a project I'm typically bouncing between the same few apps frequently.
    • Groups or presets, perhaps arranged like a nested list that you would drill down into:
      • Synths
        • App 1
        • App 2
        • App 3
      • Drums
        • App 1
        • App 2
      • Etc

(Obviously that list would be editable/arrangable by the user...)

• Pretty awesome that there are so many compatible AB apps that a iOS Contacts style right-side alpha/scroll list is in order. Congrats to the AB team on that.

I'm still a fan of "All >" for the complete alpha list with favoriting stars. Anything starred shows up in the initial list.

Both favorites and alpha jumplists are standard iOS conventions so either would be pretty easy on users.

• Yeah, we know it's getting a bit much. Upside down probably won't solve this, but maybe alphabetically? Tags?

• edited September 2013

Tags require work! I want to play. Favoriting is a single tap.

I guess I'd most like to see something like this:

All > (to secondary, taller list of everything)
    /-------------
    Three most
    Recent (in that slot)
    /-----
    Any
    Starred
    App
    From
    The
    All
    List

Initially, the list could show all with a starring mechanism. Once more than one app is starred, the 'all' is added and something like the above is displayed. That way, people who don't want to star or don't like change can keep it as it is now - a flat alpha list.

• edited September 2013

On the side of the list, have a small Alphabetical list A-Z where you just tap on "N" to jump to all the apps starting with N. It would work exactly like the contact list on your iPhone which also does this (and many other apps). That could be one thing implemented alongside any other suggestion ?

• I like all of these ideas but if I had to pick my most wanted would be @syrupcore and his favorite star idear

• @ChrisG +1 for his solution….like iTunes for music...

• At first sight, it looks a bit painfull, but I use the "search" field so no complaints to me.
    Anyway, everything can be better.

• Hmm... I think this whole ordeal is going to get a lot better with presets. Simply because you can recall your favourite presets which already contain your go-to apps.

• @Sebastian Yes, but the first time I open it and don't have preset saved, and I won't to open Wow I need to going 120 apps down :)

• Ok so we need a search field in the app selector...

• edited December 2013

Do we need a search feature? Just more overhead I think. Presets is an elegant 'solve more than one problem at a time' answer. At least it seems that way to me. I vote we live with it and then start complaining again if it's not working. :)

And if it doesn't work I'd vote for favorites or the iPhone Contacts style alpha list on the right way before an input that brings up the OS keyboard!

• It's psychically hard to recommend changes to an update we haven't really used yet. I'm gonna trust our Bus-builders and try out the update 20 seconds after it goes live on the high-capacity download link that hopefully we special bus-people will get in our newsletters. (A few hours before you can find it on the App Store.) At least that's what I did last year!