Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChordPolyPad update gets state saving, AB 3 MIDI support! +Portrait mode

Really cool. But portrait mode might take some getting used to. Handy for working with TF apps I guess!

Comments

• P.S. StepPolyArp got a little update, too. Thank you!

• Two of the best right there. Glad to see them both still receiving ministrations.

• One of those apps I simply do not open often enough ... great for the ivory tickling disinclined or disadvantaged.

• @eustressor said:
    One of those apps I simply do not open often enough ... great for the ivory tickling disinclined or disadvantaged.

I'm challenged. Which app are you referring to? I don't have ChordPolyPad on the assumption that Navichord had that covered (and it had a fairly extensive update this week as well — midi input, and midi learn).

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@eustressor said:
    One of those apps I simply do not open often enough ... great for the ivory tickling disinclined or disadvantaged.

I'm challenged. Which app are you referring to? I don't have ChordPolyPad on the assumption that Navichord had that covered (and it had a fairly extensive update this week as well — midi input, and midi learn).

Sorry, was referring to ChordPolyPad - and for similar reasons, I don't have Navichord :wink:

StepPolyArp has quite possibly remained on my wish list, unpurchased, longer than any other music app. I've almost bought it, like, 17 times ...

• @eustressor said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Sorry, was referring to ChordPolyPad - and for similar reasons, I don't have Navichord :wink:

Have both. Both essential

StepPolyArp has quite possibly remained on my wish list, unpurchased, longer than any other music app. I've almost bought it, like, 17 times ...

Buy it. It gets where nothing else quite does. Seriously.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

+1

• Only wish it was universal!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@eustressor said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I rarely use Navichord. I like the idea that the app will reveal harmonic relations, but as nicely designed as it is, it still seems to rely on the user having an idea what s/he is doing in terms of theory. As a guitarist, I was hoping for happy accidents, but not many so far. Also, Navichord's built-in sounds are really uninspiring, and the thought of finding a patch in Odyseei or Animoog that I might drive from Navichord...I've already started on something else....

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

+1

Endorsed by both Johnnys ... Looks like #18 for the win, and soon :sunglasses:

• @eustressor said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

+1

Endorsed by both Johnnys ... Looks like #18 for the win, and soon :sunglasses:

At the end of most days it's my most reliable writer for keyboards.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@eustressor said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear Love to know what ChordPolyPad has got that makes it essential to someone who already owns Navichord? I love StepPolyArp so I'm sure Laurent has got some good stuff in there. Thanks in advance!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Only wish it was universal!

It is universal.

• @Munibeast said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

It is universal.

SPA is?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Munibeast said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

It is universal.

SPA is?

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Munibeast said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

It is universal.

SPA is?

Nope. Only CPP. A crying shame.

@johnfromberkeley said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Munibeast said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

It is universal.

SPA is?

Nope. Only CPP. A crying shame.

Yep, I want SPA as universal!

• @Artefact2001 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@eustressor said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear Love to know what ChordPolyPad has got that makes it essential to someone who already owns Navichord? I love StepPolyArp so I'm sure Laurent has got some good stuff in there. Thanks in advance!

I love both and both have ways that I find superior as regards finding melodies, I find CPP easier to play, the sliding from one pad to another is sublime (to me).

• wimwim
    edited June 2017

@Artefact2001 said:
    ... Love to know what ChordPolyPad has got that makes it essential to someone who already owns Navichord? I love StepPolyArp so I'm sure Laurent has got some good stuff in there. Thanks in advance!

Each ChordPolyPad pad can be configured to send midi parameters on its x and y axis. There's no end to the possibilities there. You can control things like filter cutoff and resonance right on the same pad as you're playing a chord, or have separate pads with just midi CC's on them.

8 banks of 8 pads per preset = a lot of chords and/or parameters without having to switch presets.

Each pad can have its own midi out settings, though this is basically crippled when used as an AB3 Midi input. I hope the developer gets up to speed with AB3's multi-out system both for this app and for StepPolyArp some time because at this point both apps lose effectiveness when in Midi send positions in AB3.

The chord library and search are brilliant IMO.

There's optional velocity detection. I haven't tried that so can't say how well it works.

Oh, and works on iPhone.

• wimwim
    edited June 2017

• individual chord edit. Add or remove notes, change velocity per note.
    • Can have single note pads (nice for drums)
    • Strumming - configurable per pad.
    • Optional legato mode (notes in the next chord don't re-trigger if they're already in the previous chord)
  • edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Navichord has gotten onboard properly with the AB3 Midi system though. The absence of this in ChordPolyPad and StepPolyArp is dissapointing by comparison.

• edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited June 2017

Here's a better example:

• BeatHawk A is Mellotron Choir
    • Beathawk B is Mellotron Strings Stereo
    • BeatHawk C is Acoustic Grand Full

But yeh, put StepPolyArp in the middle of any of them to liven things up. B)

• @wim said:
    Navichord has gotten onboard properly with the AB3 Midi system though. The absence of this in ChordPolyPad and StepPolyArp is dissapointing by comparison.

How is this different?

• You can't split out the voices.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

+1

+999

• @wim said:
    You can't split out the voices.

How would you implement that in ChordPP?

• Can't. That's my point.

• wimwim
    edited June 2017

Both CPP and SPA not inserted as an AB3 Midi sender can send out on multiple channels. CPP can have each pad going to a different channel. SPA can send each row of the arp to a different channel.

But, as an AB3 sender, they can only send on one unified output. They haven't got with the program of implementing AB3's multiple outputs capability, and are therefore in some ways less effective in AB3 than not - currently.

Except for that, though, to me CPP has the edge over Navichord feature-wise..