Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Obsessing over KRFT

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• I'm with you man! Same here, I just got Magellan Jr for .99 cents!!!! Unbelievable !

Can't wait to use it with KRFT! Midi out in KRFT is totally game changer! Can't wait for Midi in also.

• edited May 2017

I'm quite the opposite. I feel I get to do a puzzle and as a reward I'll be able to make music.
    Don't get me wrong, it is powerful and the modular idea of it is pretty sick but it is a bit too cerebral for me.

• Kind of what i thought at first. But then i realized the power under everyone of those little puzzle pieces. It's sort of like Gadget scenes broken down into puzzle pieces where you get to tap any at any time and morph the heck out of them, then create something totally new from those and feeling like, wow, that was different yet, awesome!

@supadom said:
    I'm quite the opposite. I feel I get to do a puzzle and as a reward I'll be able to make music.
    Don't get me wrong, it is powerful and the modular idea of it is pretty sick but it is a bit too cerebral for me.

• This is the first compositional app that I feel like I can play like an instrument. Not cerebral at all!

• edited May 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Kind of what i thought at first. But then i realized the power under everyone of those little puzzle pieces. It's sort of like Gadget scenes broken down into puzzle pieces where you get to tap any at any time and morph the heck out of them, then create something totally new from those and feeling like, wow, that was different yet, awesome!

@supadom said:

Recording KRFT jam sessions as midi into a daw and then editing them after is fantastic.

• Is MIDI out in the released app or are you using a beta?

• @supadom said:

I bought it last week after reading such glowing reviews here, and I mostly feel the same as you. There's a lot of power there for sure, and I think for what it's intended for the interface is really well done. But the more I play with it, the more I realize that maybe my brain just doesn't work like that when it comes to making music. The roll your own interface is very flexible, but I just feel like I spend all my creative time trying to come up with something to play instead of just ummm.... playing :)

I'll give it a couple more weeks before I throw in the towel though.

• edited May 2017

@bigcatrik said:
    Is MIDI out in the released app or are you using a beta?

Beta at the moment but full release very soon I am told.....

• @Tarekith said:

@supadom said:

I bought it last week after reading such glowing reviews here, and I mostly feel the same as you. There's a lot of power there for sure, and I think for what it's intended for the interface is really well done. But the more I play with it, the more I realize that maybe my brain just doesn't work like that when it comes to making music. The roll your own interface is very flexible, but I just feel like I spend all my creative time trying to come up with something to play instead of just ummm.... playing :)

I'll give it a couple more weeks before I throw in the towel though.

Once you have a few go-to templates and get the ball rolling making variations etc it really starts to take off. I am looking forward to tying off a couple mixing/editing projects and doing more krft sketching.

• @supadom said:

I am not on board either.

That being said, I love ROTOR.

Just not diggin on this app

• @RustiK said:

@supadom said:

I am not on board either.

That being said, I love ROTOR.

Just not diggin on this app

As a midi controller (currently beta only) for Turnado and Egoist it is freaking awesome.

• Lego vs climbing
    (nothing wrong with Lego)

I just don't have the time to clear out the table,open the box and dig my head in without the kids stealing all my pieces. I only have time for a quick climb here and there.

@AudioGus @Tarekith @RustiK @lukesleepwalker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@supadom said:
    Lego vs climbing

I just don't have the time to clear out the table,open the box and dig my head in without the kids stealing all my pieces. I only have time for a quick climb here and there.

Yep I get that. And I like the analogy. I used to play a lot of lego as a kid!

What krft fulfills (and sounds like is going to fulfil) is the kind of custom live setup I've been trying (and failing) to achieve with the likes of lemur etc. I'm especially interested in controlling external kit once the midi thing drops.

for getting ideas down quickly and jamming Ive been using modstep up till now.

Yep, exactly. Don't get me wrong I never for one minute underestimated the power of KRFT, especially considering latest and future updates just I want my software rig to be as close to an experience of picking up a guitar as possible.

• @supadom said:

@d4d0ug said:

@supadom said:
    Lego vs climbing

What krft fulfills (and sounds like is going to fulfil) is the kind of custom live setup I've been trying (and failing) to achieve with the likes of lemur etc. I'm especially interested in controlling external kit once the midi thing drops.

Yep, exactly. Don't get me wrong I never for one minute underestimated the power of KRFT, especially considering latest and future updates just I want my software rig to be as close to an experience of picking up a guitar as possible.

With midi KRFT is that for me.

• @supadom said:

You are not alone.

• If krft supported something like a sequencer to record the performance and tweak/program afterwards i should use it a lot more.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@Proto said:
    If krft supported something like a sequencer to record the performance and tweak/program afterwards i should use it a lot more.

That might be possible (in a way) with the forthcoming midi out update... send midi to daw / AU host recording midi, tweak it afterwards.

Hopefully soon....

My use case is more about using it for live / jamming, where i want to be able to do everything for a tune on one 'surface'... i'm keen to see if i can automate a volca sample, especially with the snap back knobs... that way 'presets' could be configured for surfaces (even if each knob needs snapping back before playing)... will see.

Agree that for live jamming its already great and a very cool new addicting modular approach. Its more that im not the person for live jamming, but nothing wrong with the app. I can only see me use krft a lot more when midi-out is supported and fix my non live jamming needs. :)

• edited May 2017

@Proto said:
    If krft supported something like a sequencer to record the performance and tweak/program afterwards i should use it a lot more.

That might be possible (in a way) with the forthcoming midi out update... send midi to daw / AU host recording midi, tweak it afterwards.

I do this in the beta. It is awesome!

• edited May 2017

At first I thought it was a toy app , now I realize I should have bought KRFT at launch ....

• @supadom said:

@d4d0ug said:

@supadom said:
    Lego vs climbing

• Now that is freaking brilliant, @wim!

• @d4d0ug said:
    I can't put it down. Krft that is....haven't touched another app in days... maybe weeks?

In my head I'm imagining the surface I'm going to create to trigger my volca sample and volca bass, and then start thinking about troublemaker and snap back dials, oh my... reslice...

Is anyone else a bit excited and having the same thoughts? Should I be seeking help?

What I love most about this - and what I think is really important here - is that you're that inspired period. That feeling of "doors upon doors opening" in your mind as you make connections when even away from the app/device/human means that your mind is peaking creatively ..and that's beautiful. Soak in it and go as far as you can.

• @wim said:

@supadom said:

@d4d0ug said:

@supadom said:
    Lego vs climbing

Love that!

• @d4d0ug said:

@Proto said:

Hopefully soon....

My use case is more about using it for live / jamming, where i want to be able to do everything for a tune on one 'surface'... i'm keen to see if i can automate a volca sample, especially with the snap back knobs... that way 'presets' could be configured for surfaces (even if each knob needs snapping back before playing)... will see.

I think that will work.

I've set up some presets for my Volca keys using midi designer pro. Same principle - but when you load a midi designer pro page you can tell it to 'send all values' which is useful.

• @wim said:

@supadom said:

@d4d0ug said:

@supadom said:
    Lego vs climbing

Ha ha. Brilliant.

• @wim said:

@supadom said:

@d4d0ug said:

@supadom said:
    Lego vs climbing

You've got to send us this present so I can compare the experiences ;)

• @supadom said:

@wim said:

@supadom said:

@d4d0ug said:

@supadom said:
    Lego vs climbing

You've got to send us this present so I can compare the experiences ;)

There's no patterns behind the tiles (yet). There's only so much idling at work that my conscience will allow me. Its amazing the smart-ass shit one comes up with when supposed to be doing something else. ;)

• Guys so far so awesome on this Midi out beta!

Question, would it be possible to say, in keyboard mode to long press on a key and have the ability to auto move that specific key anywhere on the scale? Reason is for programming drums. Say I'm controlling Beathawk or Drum Session as drum modules, but when I play the keyboard the drum instruments are all over the place. With this option for drums only it would be so awesome to make it so much easier to program a drum track via KRFT. Thanks for considering.