Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB launching problems since last update

Hi,
I'm just wandering if it's coincidence or only me. Since the last update two days ago I have problems starting session presets or just adding apps in the midi slots. Like midiSTEPs refuses to start, it's a circle from launching to tap to fix.

Comments

• Haven't tried too much, but did get same issue w MidiSTEPs you mention.

• edited May 2017

Yeah I've noticed audiobus 2 and 3 acting strangely too and freezing when attempting to open apps. Mostly happening with tonestack for me

• edited May 2017

I've been able to successfully launch Audiobus 3 presets with midiSTEPs and another with ToneStack without any issues and they produce sounds as expected. Clearing the session and closing all non-AU apps including Audiobus 3 has been working well for me.

• Mod step wont' launch.

• Syndt won't load as audio input either.

• @LeonLeroy said:
    Mod step wont' launch.

I'm pretty sure this is a known issue from before the update, and which needs to be fixed by the ModStep developers, but my memory could be wrong. Anyway...

Works for me if I launch Modstep before Audiobus, and then add as an Audio (not midi) input. It's not supposed to show up as a Midi input, but does because of some lingering beta code or something, if I remember correctly.

• @wim said:

@LeonLeroy said:
    Mod step wont' launch.

I'm pretty sure this is a known issue from before the update, and which needs to be fixed by the ModStep developers, but my memory could be wrong. Anyway...

Works for me if I launch Modstep before Audiobus, and then add as an Audio (not midi) input. It's not supposed to show up as a Midi input, but does because of some lingering beta code or something, if I remember correctly.

Your memory is correct, unless mine isn't as well.

• I had a ton of stuff not launch tonight...beatawk, blocs wave, animoog a few times...it's a bummer. I don't even think i really need audiobus 3 with AUM and Audiobus 2. I'm starting to think I need to walk away from this app for a while.

• Sorry to hear about this, guys; I've contacted the devs of MidiSTEPs and ModStep about it; those having problems with Tonestack: are you seeing this with or without audio hardware connected? (I ask because I'm trying to investigate issues with Tonestack on this thread).

@LeonLeroy, you win for most app fails! Can you give me any more info about your setup? Are you still seeing this? Have you tried the new session reset feature? Inter-App Audio (on which Audiobus 2 and 3 are based) does have some issues with cleaning up sessions on its own, so it sometimes needs a little help.

• I think it has something to with my iConnectAudio4+, cause the apps launch without a problem if it's not connected. Also interesting is, that I can launch the apps and then connect the interface and it works. It the same for fugue

• The iCA4+ issue seems to be a common one - we're still trying to figure out what it is about that hardware (as well as the Apogee Quartet, apparently) that's causing trouble. Discussion over here