Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Syndt

Syndt - Polyphonic Synthesizer by Klevgränd produkter AB
https://appsto.re/us/KECvjb.i
It's $4.99 right now.

Comments

• Looks good. I love their stuff.

• edited May 2017

I dig it! Really loving this synth. Can't wait to get the manual and the midi cc...

• edited May 2017

Oooh, great Thursday night surprise. They now take up a whole folder page

• What's interesting about this one then?

• Basically same layout as the last one Pads which is universal. I wonder why they didn't make this one universal?

• It's fun, the presets are better than usual. The note off thing is confusing me right now. I'll definitely get some use out of it, but part of me wishes they'd stop this sorta rinky-dink stuff in favor of a full-fledged poly synth (a la Enkl).

• Nice buttery sound...I like

• @oat_phipps said:
    ...part of me wishes they'd stop this sorta rinky-dink stuff in favor of a full-fledged poly synth (a la Enkl).

Me all over.

• @aaronpc said:

@oat_phipps said:
    ...part of me wishes they'd stop this sorta rinky-dink stuff in favor of a full-fledged poly synth (a la Enkl).

Me all over.

Count me in as well. They have the power to do it, and to do it well.

• Not universal? That's just plain lazy

Their apps are so minimally designed too

Bad move klevgrand

• Yawn. Nothing different here. I bought lots of apps from these guys, and no doubt will buy more. But this one doesn't really appeal.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Yawn. Nothing different here. I bought lots of apps from these guys, and no doubt will buy more. But this one doesn't really appeal.

I TOTALLY disagree in the nicest way ever.

I think this is the best quality synth to date. So funny.

Lots more controls and options with the minimalist GUI. Plus, it is not AU only. I don't use AU instruments really so I love the full size version.

The preset menu and saving is SUPER common sense and I was able to put together a few really nice presets.

My first impression is this has a "pretty" sound....................I dunno.

In a workflow like mine, which is dark/hard/glitch/tech/industrial..........I appreciate having a counter sound for the more ethereal plucky or delicate synthwave parts.

This like most probably comes down to company/GUI and personal preference.

I am HYPED ABOUT this app.

Only issue is its not UNIVERSAL.

That is the real bummer for me since their interface is one of the best ios friendly.

• I had a feeling this was coming...
    ...being a PWM junkie this is just about perfect :)
    (But I do honestly wish they could 'up-size' UI labels. They are too darn small to be readable).

• edited May 2017

Be nice to hear/see some samples, most of the release vid seems to be taken up by Stephen Hawking having a chat.

• @RustiK said:

I TOTALLY disagree in the nicest way ever.

This is something I love about IOS music making. One man's dog is another man's top dog!

Great that you can get so much out of this app, and I hope you can use it make loads of cool tracks.

• Based on their app Pads (which I like) I might've bought this if it'd been universal as Pads is.

So, without the extra universal value, this falls into the "I already have enough synths" bucket.

• Synthed out here as well. And their standard GUI for everything doesn't turn me on at all. To each their own...

• Donuts. Like them a lot. Probably unnecessary. Bought and ate anyway.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Be nice to hear/see some samples, most of the release vid seems to be taken up by Stephen Hawking having a chat.

Agreed, I thought it was a 'speech synthesiser' based on the video :)
    (I don't have perfect eye-sight and the UI is driving me nuts with the small font-sizes, arghhh).

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

(I don't have perfect eye-sight and the UI is driving me nuts with the small font-sizes, arghhh).

Yeah I wondered that too!

Not keen on the UI, so the sound would have to be something special for me to dive in.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Not keen on the UI, so the sound would have to be something special for me to dive in.

In all opinionated honesty I don't think it's for you. Ondes/Ribbons might well be however...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

In all opinionated honesty I don't think it's for you. Ondes/Ribbons might well be however...

Thanks boss, watching the pennies here.

• edited May 2017

Figured all their new stuff would be universal
    :(

• @Love3quency said:
    Not universal? That's just plain lazy

That's just a plain uninformed shitty thing to say.

• @syrupcore said:

@Love3quency said:
    Not universal? That's just plain lazy

That's just a plain uninformed shitty thing to say.

Haha, your bluntitude cracks me up.

• How's the CPU use? I've previously found their instruments to be overly intensive on CPU.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

I've already got Shoom, is there much difference? They look pretty similar, and Shoom doesn't get much use here due to the lack of automation.

• @Munibeast said:
    Synthed out here as well. And their standard GUI for everything doesn't turn me on at all. To each their own...

I am in the same bucket.

• edited May 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

I've already got Shoom, is there much difference? They look pretty similar, and Shoom doesn't get much use here due to the lack of automation.

I would say that between the two, my preference is Shoom. However, Shoom doesn't allow me to control external synths with it. Somewhat similar though. I'm a big fan of Shoom, and still consider Ribbons useful. I like it's internal sound engine too. That being said, if you're really short of dough, it's not going to be anything earth shattering. It won't give you the over-the-top descriptions so popular on this board like excessive use of exclamation points "!!!" "utterly sublime" "game changing" etc. ;) But, if you're looking for a good Friday night toy for $5, it won't disappoint.