Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chris Cornell (Soundgarden singer) has died.

Just only 52 years old (I'm almost that age).

Comments

• Is it a joke ? I was head banging in my car yesterday listening Black hole sun to the radio :( Again a sad year for musicians :(

• Chris Cornell - Steel Rain

• Of what? He wasn't into drugs I don't think. 52 is too young.

• Chris Cornell - When I'm Down (Euphoria Morning)

• edited May 2017

RIP

• Shocking and very sad.

• Sad news, way too young. Black Hole Sun is one of my favourite tracks.

• sickening :'(

• So young and performing live without any signs of trouble a couple of days ago, RIP.

• Way before those pipes wwee even close to breaking down. Was just listening to a recent concert album the other day. High notes were his bitches. Sad day.

• :'(

WOAH! I don't/didn't care much for the grunge/Seattle music style, but Soundgarden I love!

I saw them with Faith No More and Voivod in 1989. I prefer their first 3 albums, but even the latter more radio friendly albums were really really good.

Very very sad day.

• Depression I guess. Killed himself I heard. Is it true the last song he performed that night was In My Time of Dying? (Zep cover)???

• So sad. So much great music. I can't imagine what he was going through

• Saw Soundgarden with NIN about 3 years ago here in Austin. Great show.

Makes you wonder when someone seems to have it all, what can make them decide to end it early.

Several years ago, I was giving Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedy's singer) a lift back to his hotel after some late night gingerbread pancakes at a place called Magnolia Cafe here in Austin (strangest early morning breakfast partner I ever had) ;)

I asked him what it's like to be as well known and famous as he used to be. He said it was very difficult, that if you get lucky and catch a wave of popularity, it can extremely rough... in that you're always going to be held to that standard. That you don't know who your friends really are, and that everyone is trying to rip you off and it's hard to trust anyone. That if you try something different to grow as an artist, the fans are brutal and call you a sell-out, etc.

He was on all kinds of meds just to try and sleep due to some chronic insomnia problems. He said he hadn't slept in over a week.

I know that several really famous people like Johnny Depp when he was in a band called "P" with Gibby Haynes from the Butthole Surfers, were perpetually strung out on heroin.. mostly to just not feel or care about any of the pressures of fame for awhile.

It seems for many, skyrocketing fame can be more of a curse than livin' the dream.

RIP

• It appears to be another occult ritual. Chris wrote Black Hole Sun which is about the Saturnalia cult and the coming antichrist. His last tweet was about the Beast; 666 (FOX).
    His song Pretty Noose sums up his forshadowed death succinctly:
    I don't care what you got
    I don't care what you need
    I don't want anything
    And I don't like what
    You got me hanging from- Pretty Noose

They always do this. All superstars make the deal. Superunknown was about the deal. The New World Order is forming rapidly before our eyes.... Black Hole Sun was about how oblivious we are to the hive mind, sheeple state. They believe the antichrist is rising. That's why Trump and the zionists who orchestrated his election continually sport the 666. That's why Kushner bought 666 5th avenue.
    It's too much to explain here so if you're interested catch my show tonight. God bless!

[(https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/bd/ldf3jdtkwacx.png "")

• This is the exact reason I prefer to be low key. Fame = too many demands, too much stress, too many expectations of how you're supposed to behave, can't create what you actually want to since you have to fit a certain format/genre/etc, paparazzi, competing with untalented pop performers (Jacob Sartorius et all), etc. Avoiding fame means enjoying life.

RIP Chris Cornell. :( Your great music will always live on.

• Long ago, in another life under a different name, I had a small taste of showbiz fame. Liked the perks and being paid a lot to do what I loved, but hated that even the nice folk expected me to be 'on' 24/7.

Noel Edmonds spoke about the same thing when asked why his marriage broke up. "She wanted TV Noel."

As for Chris Cornell, his version of Billie Jean managed to better the original. Whatever went so wrong, I hope he is in what Squeeze called some fantastic place.

• Turns out he was into drugs. I never knew that.

What is it with NW rockers? Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, could probably throw Elliott Smith in there as well, and now this.

• @High5denied said:
    :'(

WOAH! I don't/didn't care much for the grunge/Seattle music style, but Soundgarden I love!

I saw them with Faith No More and Voivod in 1989. I prefer their first 3 albums, but even the latter more radio friendly albums were really really good.

Very very sad day.

I agree. I was 17 when the Seattle music scene exploded worldwide in '92 but I just didn't like it as much as my contemporaries. Didn't buy that Cobain was the next John Lennon (still don't) and thought too many of the bands sounded the same.

The two bands I eventually fell for though were Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden. Both more than just "grunge", both with melodically gifted singers & writers and now both gone way before their time.

Like what happened with Prince there's early rumors of drug this & drug that. I'd say give the mans family some time to deal with this awful loss before reveling in any shortcomings.

Bottom line is this, no one knows what drug addiction does to a person except that person. Other addicts to a degree can empathize or understand but just as some find recovery and others never do there are some very real feelings, down to the inner soul, that only that particular person knows about and feels. And that is their business and should be respected.

RIP and best wishes for the Cornell family...

• Never a real fan but bums me out nonetheless. To die that way, just isn't right. I hope he and his family find peace.

• @1P18 said:
    Turns out he was into drugs. I never knew that.

What is it with NW rockers? Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, could probably throw Elliott Smith in there as well, and now this.

Hendrix

• Not just NW rockers - it's endemic in the music industry.

I have never been a celebrity, but both my wife and I have been around them and my wife worked with quite a few. It's a tough life - the "being on" thing, long stretches of boredom, the party lifestyle that's "expected".

Some people really thrive in that environment, but I think most people would eventually have trouble dealing with it (especially people who do it for the art rather than the celebrity - not that there's anything wrong with wanting to be a celebrity, but it's a very different thing than wanting to be an artist). Add clinical depression on top of that . . . .

RIP Chris Cornell - I'm just a couple of weeks older than you were, tough to see you go!

• @1P18 said:

Also, Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots. And now Chris :( RIP

I feel worried for Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder

• @yug said:

@1P18 said:

Also, Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots. And now Chris :( RIP

I feel worried for Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder

I trust I am not proved wrong, but there's something about Eddie that's always made me feel he has his eye on the main chance...the sort of self-identity that may be less likely to decide it's time.

• @High5denied said:

Very very sad day.

Saw that same tour in Pittsburgh. Huge VoiVod fan, I liked FNM, and was just getting familiar with "Full On Kevin's Mom." Great show.

"Bow my head, drown my fears, 'til you all just disappear ..."

• edited May 2017

It's a very weird business. Being a 'celebrity' is strange enough, but throw in gigging, hotels and touring, a few 'boosters' to keep you going and it's a complete removal from reality.

I've known, played and partied with a few who've fallen by the wayside, not for the faint hearted or sensitive souls.

• @eustressor said:

@High5denied said:

Very very sad day.

Saw that same tour in Pittsburgh. Huge VoiVod fan, I liked FNM, and was just getting familiar with "Full On Kevin's Mom." Great show.

"Bow my head, drown my fears, 'til you all just disappear ..."

I saw that tour in Syracuse, NY, but FTM had to postpone until the next week. I'm big Voivod fan as well. Also saw Temple of the Dog in Seattle in the early 90's. Great shows!

• @MonzoPro said:
    It's a very weird business. Being a 'celebrity' is strange enough, but throw in gigging, hotels and touring, a few 'boosters' to keep you going and it's a complete removal from reality.

I've known, played and partied with a few who've fallen by the wayside, not for the faint hearted or sensitive souls.

I hear you. Reminds me of something Sting said a while back. Having avoided fame and celebrity until the ripe old age of 27, he remarked that, had he reached that level of fame when he was 19 or 20, he would not be alive today.