Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 SDK is now available!

Good news, everybody!

The Audiobus 3 SDK is now available to developers, so they can optimise their apps for Audiobus 3 and add Audiobus MIDI support. Got a favourite app you'd like to see support Audiobus 3? Now's the time to tell the developers you love them (oh, and to ask if they'd update to the Audiobus 3 SDK!) ;)

Cheers!
The Audiobus team

Comments

• Already playing with it. Good work guys!

• @brambos said:
    Already playing with it. Good work guys!

Make sure your new modular has access to ab3 midi if possible plz :D

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@brambos said:
    Already playing with it. Good work guys!

Make sure your new modular has access to ab3 midi if possible plz :D

Audio and Midi In already working, Midi Out next! :smiley:

• @brambos think you'll be able to hook up Troublemaker as a MIDI generator?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @brambos think you'll be able to hook up Troublemaker as a MIDI generator?

+1m :)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

That's the plan! B)

• @brambos said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

That's the plan! B)

<3 <3 <3

• @brambos said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

That's the plan! B)

[consciously making trouble]
    Then it'd only make sense from a workflow perspective, to allow the sequencer component to function as an AU! ;)

• edited May 2017

@OscarSouth said:

@brambos said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

That's the plan! B)

Then it'd only make sense from a workflow perspective, to allow the sequencer component to function as an AU! ;)

Why? Audio Units can have neither Audiobus nor Midi Out, so I don't see what that would accomplish?

• Yay!! Fantastic news!!!

• @brambos said:

@OscarSouth said:

@brambos said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

That's the plan! B)

Why? Audio Units can have neither Audiobus nor Midi Out, so I don't see what that would accomplish?

Ah, in that case it doesn't make sense. As a non-developer I assumed that it'd mean you could host multiple Troublemaker sequencers as MIDI inputs, similar to how multiple MIDI effects nodes can be hosted.

• @brambos said:

@OscarSouth said:

@brambos said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

That's the plan! B)

I'm curious. Isn't that new modular you're making an AUx ? The video seemed to imply that....

• edited May 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@brambos said:

@OscarSouth said:

@brambos said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

That's the plan! B)

I'm curious. Isn't that new modular you're making an AUx ? The video seemed to imply that....

Indeed, the synth itself is an Audio Unit. But it will be embedded in an AB3 compliant 'standalone container' (just like Troublemaker); in case you want to run it without a host.

The AUx can have multiple instances, but the container only one - just like every other normal app.

On topic: implementing AB3 is a pretty smooth and painless experience. The online documentation and migration guide are are very well written. Top job!

• On topic: implementing AB3 is a pretty smooth and painless experience. The online documentation and migration guide are are very well written. Top job!

Glad to hear. Let the cavalcade begin.

• edited May 2017

@brambos said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@brambos said:

@OscarSouth said:

@brambos said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

That's the plan! B)

Indeed, the synth itself is an Audio Unit. But it will be embedded in an AB3 compliant 'standalone container' (just like Troublemaker); in case you want to run it without a host.

The AUx can have multiple instances, but the container only one - just like every other normal app.

On topic: implementing AB3 is a pretty smooth and painless experience. The online documentation and migration guide are are very well written. Top job!

Ok. Could we atleast get multiple channel in and outs for the midi ? Would like to at least be able to do all sorts of midi processing in the standalone and then send that midi to the Aux instances... Zmors does this pretty well but would love to have two modular environments if possible for more midi madness :D

Do the aux instances atleast let us send audio between them ? Something like the model 15s audiobridge ? Would make the Aux very powerful if it did. Would we able to do something odd like actually send CV between the instances over an "audio" pipe ?

• edited May 2017

No, it will be more like having a desktop semi-modular (such as the 0-Coast, Pittsburgh Lifeforms or an Ants) in a AUx... B)

• @aaronpc said:
    Glad to hear. Let the cavalcade begin.

• Here's hoping studiomux gets it integrated in good time!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.